Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Story characters from Freelancer story
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
' Wrote:Trents dead, folks.
Luckily folks, that wasn't me :P
I really don't have a problem with it IF the person is able to pull off a convincing display of character depth. If it's just a person acting out the character without knowing the true motives of the original character then there will be a problem.
Only Fletcher deserves to play a Vanilla Char, because he hasn't sucked at it.
' Wrote:No, nobody is entitled to.
This. Be creative and develop a unique story for your own characters.
' Wrote:Luckily folks, that wasn't me :P
I hope so. Some hours ago I met this very one in Leeds ... His RP was so poor, I wasn't even sure this one was actually RPing Edison Trent. That was really disapointing to ask him for a cargo scan then CD him to do so, asking for a picture next to the hero while he only wondered when he could leave, and eventually reading his death message shortly after.
I'm inclined to say no, you probably shouldn't play a vanilla character. They were a part of someone else's story, and we don't have those storytellers around anymore to continue it. Go and start your own stories now.

But if someone feels that they can pick up from where Digital Anvil/Microsoft left off, I won't stop them. I only hope that the player will remain true to what the original story laid out for that character.
Isn't one of Vanilla's characters actually sitting in a bar somewhere in Sirius offering rumors/jobs?
(though I don't know if it's true at all)

As for my 2 cents: Either NO or give it to a very good and notable RP-er, or slot-reserve it so no one can create such a player.

We certainly don't want the server to get l0lzers imitating Vanilla players. And if they had, it would have been very poor, since the depth of the character would not be original, but rather shaded by the l0lzer's limited skills.
So no "I Z Edizun Tretn, obey meh!" for me, thank you
I don't think people should. Special RP request - maybe.
but seriously.. Edison Trent and other heroes? No way.
No. Period. Ever. At all.
Most people couldn't RP them correctly.
' Wrote:Luckily folks, that wasn't me :P

Yeah, I know. If it HAD been you ............ I would be in here telling you to stop failing so hard.

Pages: 1 2 3