Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Delete.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(//First off, starting a new story, I think its time to get a bunch of OOC gibberish off my back first. This is a closed RP story about a new Liberty Rogue character im setting up called Simple.Stuff.
I have a good idea of the lawful side, but have virtually no experience playing an unlawful in Liberty.(The character first started with no funding, but I have now reached a point where I need the cash for armor ugrades ect...)
This will be organized into 2 parts. 1 starting with his life before the Rogues, followed by an interlude, followed by a second part of his life in the Rogues.)

Part 1

Davis Evans ajusted the flight helmet. It was itchy, it was blue, it felt old and musty like something had died inside of it. He noticed the recruits beside him twitching with distaste for the trainer helmets in conjunction with him.

"This thing feels like its made of cardboard.." Murmured a recruit.
"Whats that?!" The Sargent stopped pacing the row of men and looked at him sternly.
"You think you'd be better off without it?"
"No sir I ju-"
"These helmets may not be the best the Liberty Police has to offer you at the time. But you will learn how something as flimsy as cardboard" The sargents voice rose, as he shook the helmet in his hands "Will be all that will be keeping you from sucking space"

Davis didn't quite know the exact reason he enlisted into the LPI. Perhaps it was the money? The paycheck at the end of the week. Maybe it was the desire to do good in Liberty and protect civilians. But maybe, just maybe it was the urge to get a kill. To know the feeling of battle.

The Sargent boomed out again. "Today cadets..you will earn your wings!" "A flight test will commence testing your ability to act in a typical situation, and your proficiency with fighter craft!"
"Is everybody ready?"

"YES SIR!" They replied in unison.

They cadets then shuffled along to the docking bay module of Fort Bush. No one quite wanted to be at the front of the line.

"Ha, looks like the L.P.I training program has really stepped up aye?" Said Mat Kel, a fellow cadet in the troop, and just about the only one Davis had gotten to know during training.
"Yeah, its really improved, more militaristic now huh?"
"Aye...it has.."

The passage way ahead then hit a huge perpendicular Hallway. Which contained individual hangers and bays for Patriots. Alot of the docking traffic had been slow today, making it a perfect opportunity for the final practical test.

Each cadet went to a bay and awaited further orders. There were around 6 all up. Most young like Evans himself, coming from all areas of Liberty, Houston, LA, Manhatten. All wanting to join the Liberty Police.

"You will now enter your respected ship, DO NOT activate the weapons systems but get ready for launch!"

Davis Evans got into his ship and sat down in the Patriots pilot seat. He rubbed his arms on the armrests slowly in satisfaction...his first ship! How exciting! He quickly fired up the reactor, ran a quick systems diagnostic and wheeled the ship pad around so that that it faced the closed docking bay door.

"Alright cadets!..." The sargents voice came over his helmet now "On my mark, everyone all systems go?"

"This is Green-1, all systems are nominal"
"This is Green-2, all systems go!"
"Green-3, reporting in"
"Green-4 here! Ready!"
"Kel here, *A spitting noise is heard over the comms* Ready."
"Green-5 is a go!"....

Now it was Evans turn..."Green-6....green status.." His voice was shaking..why was it shaking he thought to himself...

The hanger bay doors opened and light bloomed in.

"LAUNCH!" came the order from the Sargent.

Davis launched the ship forward and suddenly, was surrounded by space...
The Patriots around him all joined formation on the Sargent.

"Toady...we will be flying into the Pitsburg debris field. There we will begin some exercises and combat scenarios." He said.

The group docked into the Fort Bush > Pitsburg trade lane. On the Sargents command, they exited about halfway through.

"Ok, somewhere in this field is a stranded 'civilian' whose scanners aren't functioning properely. I want each of you to locate, and gather placing a number from him. Then return to me. Now move out!"

The Patriots sped off in different directions, some jolted and almost hit chunks of debris as their pilots got used to their controls. Davis opened his navigation chart and plotted a waypoint in a section with relatively no patrols. Thats where the 'civilian' would hide he thought...

He kept the ship on Free Flight control set, and skipped in between the debris nimbly. He reached his waypoint and his heart leaped in delight. A ship was there and he opened coms.

"This is Green-6, im here to rescue you."
"Well done Green-6. Your number is 2, return to the sargent now."

Evans returned and to his surprise saw Mat Kel positioned next to the Sargent already.

"You were quick!" He exclaimed.
"Yeah, number 1."

Slowly but surely, the 4 remaining pilots returned with their placings.

"Right then. Now that that is complete. We will now begin combat training."
"I must warn you that if anyone acumulates two 5th's or 6es they will not pass the training."

The cadets seemed more silent than ever. Evans could amagine the two that got 5vs and 6es for the first round sweating.

"You will be paired for combat accordingly- 1 with 5, 2 with 6, and 3 with 4. The first one to take down thier oponent wins.

Evans first fight with the 6th cadet was quite easy and he won quickly. He glanced outside the windscreen to see Kel win his fight against the 5th cadet. They then watched 3 beat 4, and to no ones great surprise 4 beat 6. But, in a heated battle, 5 defeated 3. This meant, that the 6th place cadet...was not accepted into the Police.

"Be aware, that this branch is trying a new type of training, a highly prototype one. Im sure if you tried for other branches such as the Californian branch, you would get in pilot" Said the Sargent.

Only one fight remained. Mat Kel and Evans faced off for first place in the wing.
The fight started, Evans and Kel charged at each other Justices blazing. Evans managed to land successful hits on Mat's shield but to his horror, noticed his own shield was only at a third left.
Attempting some evasive menuvours, he managed to bide time and get his shield back. Then, he killed his engines and came in for an arfterburning charge. He noticed he had some cruise disruptors mounted so he powered them up. On his next charge he fired one on Kels ship quickly, landing a well founded hit.
Kel, his engines temporarily disabled was a sitting duck for Evans Justices. His shield was down in a few seconds.

"Well done Mr Evans. You will be the wing leader of Green-252 wing. Kel, will be your adivsor." The sargents voice sounded garbled over the comms.
"Thank you sir. It is much apreciated."

The Police officers returned to Fort Bush and awaited their coming initiation ceremony.
Evans slept badly that night. There was something nagging him in the back of his mind, but he couldn't quite figure out what it was...