Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Arc Hammer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"Anything on the scanner?" a man asked of the flight comms. "Nothing sir, you think it survived?" answered a female pilot. "Don't know for sure, but my gut is telling me it is out here somewhere." responded the man, "on me, lets try the next sector. Paddy, you okay on fuel?" "Yep." replied Paddy. The trio all banked hard left and headed further out into unknown space. They had been at this for days upon days, this time though, they were out further than ever. victor wanted to push out as far as he could so he loaded Paddys transport with extra supplies and also brought extras along on his Eagle and gave Vanessa extras also. They didn't plan to return home for a few days longer than normal.

The previous ventures into unknown space had no results, Victor was no closer to finding the Arc Hammer than he was when he left Corinth. The comms are quite for awhile, occasionally the sounds of a yakuzi bubble-bath and Vanessa thanking someone for refilling her glass with wine are heard. Victor and Paddy agree that she must have opened the comms by mistake. Every now and then they'd pick something up on the scans, though it would usually turn out to be the remains of an exploratory ship or fighter. This trip had been no different so far. "Something on the scans, smaller than normal, maybe a light fighter. I am moving to have a closer look." Vanessa informed the other pilots. Neither of which replied, knowing that most likely her theory was correct. Then, both of them heard a scream that nearly made them deaf. "Vanessa? What is going on, respond. Paddy go weapons hot and stay nearby." Victor said as he broke off and moved to follow the path Vanessa had taken. "Vanessa are you okay? What happened? Reis is going to kill me if something happens to you out here." muttered Victor. "Oh quit your worrying! Reis is a push over compared to me. I found something, you should see it." Vanessa replied mockingly. "Great, we are already heading to your location."

As the two approached Vanessa's gunboat they both saw what she was referring to. A small slither of armor plating, no bigger than most light fighters. Before either could mutter a word, Vanessa pointed out the other pieces, all of which lead off in one direction. "Lets go, something big has to be at the other end of this scrap trail." Victor ordered them.

Hours passed as they passed armor fragments and other scrap from what had to have been a capital ship vessel. Not until they stared encountering pieces the size of a BWT transport were they sure what they would find. The first few pieces of large scrap were of no help, but finally the encountered a piece that made them all stop and stare, motionless and quite. This piece of scrap had one word painted onto it, though faded was still legible. Arc. This was enough to fill Victor with energy and without word he steed off following the scrap trail again; with Paddy and Vanessa following. A half hour later, the scanners picked up a huge object, no slowing Victor headed right for it.

It was indeed the Arc Hammer. Almost completely destroyed. The trio began scanning the ship for engery signatures. Vanessa was scanning for any weaponry that survived also. "Vic..Victor" Paddy mumbled, "I am picking up life signs..........how?" "I...I don't know, stasis pods maybe? I didn't know Fearless' had them though" Victor exclaimed. "I am going to board it, Paddy I need you to get close enough so I can use your power core to power the life support systems on the Hammer. We don't know how much power its reserves have and I don't want those pods losing power."

After hours and hours of work, the stasis pods are moved from the derelict Arc Hammer to the Lazarus. Only a dozen or so were salvaged, the others had long lost power and the people they preserved had perished. Vanessa managed to salvage a few turrets off the wreck. "I'll leave it up to the Alliance and Council on what we do with the wreck, I sure as hell can't afford to have it towed back to Lividia but I don't want to scuttle it. There isn't much left on it that anyone could use anyways. Junkers might use it for scrap, but I doubt they venture this far into the unknown areas. Lets go home.