Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Chris "Calcifer" Bell Biography
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
-------------------- Chris "Calcifer" Bell - Bio --------------------
(for LR application)
I don't know where was I born, or who are my parents. I grew up in an orphanage in Manhattan, place I still hate. There my life wasn't so bad -it was better than the other boys' life inside the orphanage- since I was like a boss there, a bully. Every boy feared me. I hated them all. I was known there as "Calcifer", because of an old story of a fire demon called like that: Yes, I also liked fire.
When I was bored, I used to lit things, usually other boys' toys. The nanny's who used to take care of us thought I got a mental disease. They didn't understand me...
Years passed and they allowed us to sometimes go on tours in space. I was very happy then, but that happiness suddenly ended when I saw them... The LPI, the LN and the LSF. Fat donut eaters who stood next to trade lanes, assuring everyone there was nothing to fear. I couldn't believe they were responsible for security. The only things they cared of were donuts, money, donuts, Liberty finance and donuts. I was so dissapointed of them, so dissapointed of human kind, so dissapointed of Liberty. They weren't protecting Liberty. They were traitors of Liberty, and deserved to die. I waited many years until I was old enough to fend for myself. That day I escaped from the orphanage.
I decided to take justice with my own hands. I stole the first ship I found -an Starflier- and got outside New York, to Kepler. On my way, I saw many LPI scum. Sadly, I was out-numbered and out-gunned - My revenge got to wait...
When I was in Kepler, I found my first mentor, the first one who shared with me this hatred of Liberty, the first one who could teach me how to revenge. I don't remember his name -Otherwise I would thank him a lot-, I only remember he was a Rogue. I followed him, and he got me better equipment and a better ship. Then we went to a trade lane, like the scum used to do, and we waited. Then, a ship came through, but he, fast as light, disrupted the trade lane, stopping the incoming ship. I recognized his ID: a LPI. He said: What do we have here? A donut-eater monkey... CUT YOUR ENGINES!. The idiot said: Negative. You are arrested for disrupting a trade lane-. SHUT UP! - the Rogue said, and with just one shoot disabled his shield -You are a dead man... -And shoot his antimatter cannon. The enemy vessel blew up, and then he said me: You will have the honour of shooting the scape pod. That's what I did. I felt powerful, happy. I now knew there was a way to revenge...
You have a long way ahead you- he pointed me to a Rogue base in Cortez, and then left...
Since then, I'm working hard to be part of the Rogues, to be able to kill the traitors of Liberty, and to make a better Liberty... The Rogues are the future...
Letter from Chris to the Rogues:

Quote:Aye, as ye see. Ah'm currently leavin' the rogues.
For the ones who have seen me lately, may have realized of mah lack o' motivation. The routine, the low incomming, the routine, the boredom, and the routine; they all have been adding a drop to da glass.
I'm now sellin' mah ol' reliable ship, the Bend Over and Die. The price? Ah dun know, the communications to da ship catalogue were jammed and hackers can't repair it yet. As soon as it's repaired ah will place the price.
After that, ah'll go far away, to start a new life, outside Liberty. Dun worry, ah would never become a B'unter: Ah prefer to have mah balls biten out by a bear (no, not ye David *chuckles*).
Ah'm leavin on a Salvager that will depart from Alcatraz in a month. Ah'll go with da junkers, and after all that, ah'll finally retire to Gran Canaria, for a peaceful retirement.

That's all folks. Thanks ye all rogues for da few, but good, moments we had together; thanks Jack, for pointing me to the rogues short after mah escape from 'Hatt'n; thanks Smiggs, for that awesome and unbeatable duo we made up; and the biggest of all thanks goes to da Navy and to da B'unters, for those corpses who made a real nice pire when burnt, those scraps ah could sell for very good prices, those captured ones who I sold as slaves (and sum women I sold as... *chuckles*), and those beautiful explodin' capital ships.

Farewell, rogues.

Chris out.
In the alcatraz bar.

Chris got to the bar for the last time. He looked at the rogues around. Some of them sad, some of them disappointed, some of them angry, and some of them... dead.
He headed towards the bartender.

-So, I heard you're leaving the rogues. Is that true?- the bartender asked.
-Aye. Ah got tired o' this. I will leave in some minutes. I'm getting mah last "Cockroach" in this bar.
-You want to fly asleep? A "Cockroach" will send you to sleep!
-Ah ain't gonna pilot the ship. Ah'm leaving in the Salvager stationed there. Ah paid them to get me far from here. Trafalgar is mah first stop.
-I see. Good luck there, Chris. You'll need it if you're heading far from here.- He ends mixing the rusty-brown drink, and hands it to Chris.
-Thank you. Hope to see ye, but not soon. *chuckles*- Chris hands over the money to the bartender and takes a sip of the drink.- Just how I like it.

Chris finished his drink and headed towards the right door, which lead to the hangar. The rusty Salvarger was stationed using the main capital moor. The captain of it was standing next to the ship.

-Ready for a new life?- the Captain said.
-Ready.
-I'm Ruffus Stanford, captain of the "Scrap Maiden". I assure you we'll have a nice trip.
-I hope that.

Chris got in the ship. A couple of rogues, an outcast, a hacker, and many junkers and pirates were inside. Chris sat in a seat next to a window. The window was dirty, and had some swear words scratched on it. "Goodbye, Alcatraz. We had nice moments together. Also bad ones, which were the most. But I won't forget you." Rufus' voice sounded from the speakers.

-"This is your captain, Ruffus Stanford. I hope you all enjoy the trip. There are no stopovers planned until we arrive to Trafalgar. There's only one bathroom for the passengers, and it's currently out of service. *chuckles* I was joking. It is in the middle-right of the ship. We're departing right now, so wear your seat belts... If you searched for seat belts you're dumb, 'cos there aren't any. *laugh*"

The "Scrap Maiden" departed. Chris looked through the window the icy base. A new life was about to begin...
I lied...
The rogues weren't what I truly wanted...
Hell, I'm 24 years old, how could I retire?
No. My goal was always different...

I recall saying to the first rogue I met:
-I'd like to join the Outcasts.
-Uh? Why da Outcasts? They're jus' cardamine bringers an' nomad lovers.
-Actually, I'm interested in the nomads.
-Bah! Just jellies. We see them sometimes here. Join the Rogues. Here are da real badasses.

He convinced me. I decided to join the Rogues in the meanwhile. But I never forgot my real purpose...

Why the nomads... why them...
Why us, I ask myself. Why a human... a filthy human. I despise my humanity. The orphanage made me realize of the pest humans are. The fact we still exist makes me not to believe in a god. How could a got let us exist?

The nomads can help me redeem myself.

That's why I flew to Bretonia. To seek for hints in order to approach them. And when I find them, I'm going to offer myself, to serve them. But not to be infected... I'm not ready for that...

--------------

(At Trafalgar)

Chris had been in Trafalgar for a couple of weeks. He got used to the place and the people... It was time to get what he was looking for.
He started looking for that Junker he spoke with sometimes... The one that always carried Cardamine with himself... Ralph Hudson.

-Heya, Ralph.
-What's up, Chris. Did ya finally decide to buy me some Synthet-
-No. I'm here for something else.
-Oh. -he looks clearly disappointed.-What is it, then?
Chris gets closer to Ralph -I want to know... Where can you find nomads in Bretonia?
Ralph looks clearly surprised -Uh, I've seen them a couple of times in Dublin... close to the Leeds jump hole... why...?
-Nothing in particular, just curious. -Simulates looking at his nonexistant watch- I remember I gotta go... see ya. If I don't return, you can keep my stuff. - Chris leaves the bar, under the puzzled sight of Ralph.

"Dublin... here I go" thinks Chris, while heading towards the deck. He got in his recently acquired Scimitar, and headed to Dublin.

Chris flies from Trafalgar to Dublin, as a free man, as someone who's not wanted by the police. He even greets a Bretonian Officer. "Man, if the others saw me..." He heads towards the Jump Gate, and docks in order to reach Dublin. After he reaches Dublin, he heads towards the place he was pointed to. "Go to the Leeds jump hole, then keep flying." He finds it. A strange jump hole he never heard about before. The readings are also odd. An intermittent signal coming from it, something very unusual, as opposed to the common noise. He decides to dock... and sees it.

:::Log Initiated:::
Chris.Bell: Mah... So tha rumors were true...
Chris.Bell: I-it... is... one of Them.
Chris.Bell: *his breathing is fast... he's sweating*
Chris.Bell: I-I'm not gonna harm you...
Chris.Bell: *powers down shields and weapons*
Shields Disabled
Chris.Bell: See?
Chris.Bell: Though... thinking it better... I doubt I'm even a threat to you. Heh... *chuckles*
Chris.Bell: They say ye communicate witha people... trough, through the m-mind, righty?
K'Hara|Aruru`: *** -it- changes 'thier' vison 'yours' -wander/precariously-
Chris.Bell: Ah'm wonderin'... h-how do I tell you what I've been through.
Chris.Bell: Uh....
Chris.Bell: It was... it was real? Was it in my head?
Chris.Bell: Well, here I go... I hope you can see mah thoughts...
K'Hara|Aruru`: *** Truth -illuminates- ..truth.. 'we' see ***

He shows his memories to the nomad.
You see a small child, in a small, untidy room. He's sitting on his bed. He has matches on his hands, and lights them... A tall, sad looking woman enters the room and takes the matches away from the kid. The kid looks at her with hatred and sadness... Now, the kid is walking in a corridor, many doors on the sides. A kid covered in dirt walks in the opposite direction in the same corridor. When he comes across the other kid, he stops, and starts running away from him. The first kid stays there. He can hear some moanings and sounds from the next room. He knew the manager of the orphanage cheated on her wife... The kid is in a passenger transport, with all the other kids from the orphanage. They went out for a small tour in New York. There he sees many police officers, sitting idle, eating donuts, doing nothing. His mind is filled with hatred...

Chris.Bell: Ah've always known the human race is condemned...
Chris.Bell: I despise my humanity.
K'Hara|Aruru`: *** yourself (?) ***
Chris.Bell: Ah want to redeem mahself, superior being.
Chris.Bell: Ah ain't blind, like the rest o'them.
Chris.Bell: Ah know the truth. *he knees in his ship* Ah want to serve you... B-but, I don't want to be infected. Ah know that's what...
Chris.Bell: always happens. Ah-ah'm not ready for that. But I can be useful.
K'Hara|Aruru`: *** 'we' -see- ***
Chris.Bell: Ah have nothing to live for, except for this moment.
K'Hara|Aruru`: *** -that- ..is.. the supreme truth. ***
Chris.Bell: Got no relatives, no wife, nothin' but mahself.
K'Hara|Aruru`: *** { Theres a planet.. its malta.. int he northwest theres.. a black and gold pyramid with a white circle above the entran
Chris.Bell: M-my... it's... in my head.
K'Hara|Aruru`: -ce int he center of the circle is a nomad artifact that.. arcs energy outward for those who can -see- it..}~
Chris.Bell: M-must ah go there?
K'Hara|Aruru`: *** -iIf -light- reveals 'yours' have -sight- ***
Chris.Bell: Ah... ah'm sure I have. If not, ah dun know what else could ah live for.
K'Hara|Aruru`: *** -see- the path 'speak/communicate' ghtwalkers/ they will be 'your' kith/kine***
Chris.Bell: O-okay...
K'Hara|Aruru`: *** 'we' -depart- for Ishmaels ''void'' ***
Chris.Bell: S-should ah follow you?
K'Hara|Aruru`: *** -it- may***
Chris.Bell: Ah'll turn my shields and guns just for now... Does that bother you?
K'Hara|Aruru`: *** defences -rise- ***
Chris.Bell: Ok.
Shields Enabled

They fly to Edinburgh... then to Lewis.

Chris.Bell: W-where are we heading...Which system is next?
K'Hara|Aruru`: *** preservors void***
Chris.Bell: I wonder what that means...
Chris.Bell: Uh... is it a long way?
K'Hara|Aruru`: *** (exscitement) boredom... soon ended***
Chris.Bell: Lewis... what the hell?
Chris.Bell: That's not a standard system... careful-
Chris.Bell: Gallics!
Chris.Bell: They've gotten this far...
Chris.Bell: Not many news about this war arrive the Rogue bases in Liberty.
K'Hara|Aruru`: *** Lazy honhonhon-named (unimpressed) ***
Chris.Bell: Honhon...what?
K'Hara|Aruru`: *** 'thier' -eminations- ***

They reach Orkney.

Chris.Bell: Woah... so this is where they come from.
K'Hara|Aruru`: *** frontier void... 'ours' go no further ***
Chris.Bell: Oh... like, never?
K'Hara|Aruru`: *** /short/path/ -fast- ... 'we' -can- go 'little+/reasons***

They fly past Tau-23... many young nomads are there...

Fer'Anash: ***...((Everyone sees images of a nomad battleship appearing with a voice: DONT....and it dissapears))...***
Chris.Bell: MAN, IT'S HUGE!
Chris.Bell: Oh, nevermind, it's gone...
Chris.Bell: I swear I saw a giant...

They finally reach Omicron Alpha

Chris.Bell: I'm bringing paste... The Outcasts will appreciate that.
(SR~Jared.Nomak: Great Guardian...
High: High friend.
(SR~Jared.Nomak: Always good to see you.
Chris.Bell: Fellow outcasts, I was brought here by this superior being.
High: Will you be my friend, blue friend?
(SR~Jared.Nomak: You say that Holy Anunnaki led you to here?
Chris.Bell: Also, I bring this paste to Alpha. I know you are always in need of that.
Chris.Bell: Yes.
High: Friend, we welcome you with open arms! We love you!
(SR~Jared.Nomak: Hmmmm.
(SR~Jared.Nomak: Indeed, you're free to land
Chris.Bell: *Thinks: "What's the next step, superior being?"*
High: I mean... Mister Nomak is not an outcast, but he's a friend! A very good friend!
High: You can be like him.
High: Now give hugs?
(SR~Jared.Nomak: Great Aruru, why did you brought him here?
K'Hara|Aruru`: *{ a black temple on the surface of malta a pyramid }*
High: Blue friend wants to share the love!
High: See? He's taking him to a party!
(SR~Jared.Nomak: Hmmm... He will become an Oracle?
Chris.Bell: Must I head there?
High: Chris, you have such an awesome friend, know that you are loved and be happy!
Chris.Bell: *chuckles, nervous*
High: He's gonna give you cookies and pie.
High: Then he will embrace you with MAANY blue tentacles... arms!
High: Then he will penetrate you! Give you his love liquid! Oh no, please don't be alarmed. It's only a show of love!
Chris.Bell: *Thinks: "Please show me the path"*
High: Please cuddle with him.
Chris.Bell: Uh...
Chris.Bell: W-what?
High: Please do not be worried
High: He loves you!

The nomad uses his mind to projectate a path on Malta's surface...

Chris.Bell: Oh! I see it...
Chris.Bell: That's where I must head...
Chris.Bell: I-I will go there...
K'Hara|Aruru`: *** 'we' -depart- ***
High: You see the tentacles friend? *smiles*
Chris.Bell: Will ah see you again?
Chris.Bell: Farewel... Thanks for this gift.
Chris.Bell: I will proceed to dock. See you later, pirate.
High: I am an OUTCAST
Chris.Bell: Uh...ok

The final part of his journey to a new life lies before him...
Chris enters the planet, and instead of heading towards the main docking port, he flies to the outsides of the city, past a long cardamine field... towards the giant black pyramid within the cardamine field.

[Image: blackpyramid4.png]

Chris landed on a platform right next to the Pyramid. A glowing beam appeared to be coming from the tip of the pyramid. "Ah wonder if that is the light ah'm supposed t'see". Chris walked towards the giant gates that protected the entrance, flanked by two statues of tall humanoid figures. As soon as he arrived, he was greeted...
"You see it then?" A voice said.

A vary silent figure.. Chris didnt see him besides the right statue.

"Is there a reason youve come to us today mr?"
Chris startled at the sudden voice of the person. Nervous, he turned around to see a silhouette, half its body covered by the statue. Trying to lose his fear, he replied.

-G-good day. Ah'm Chris Bell. Ah'm in search for a new life, to redeem myself from tha bane of the human kind. A superior being guided me towards this place. Ah dun think ah remember its name... it never told me...
- but, as if he always knew the answer, the name of the being came to his lips, without him knowing or realizing - Aruru. - Chris was perpexled at himself, knowing the name of the nomad. - Yes, ah'm here to serve the greater beings.
the initiate merely nodded.. tugging to bring bell through the opening to the pyramid.

The inside was colonial fabricated surfaces with panes of stained glass light with indigo light. The pyramid had no windows but these were for decoration. Many of the murals where symbolic in nature.

Passing the entrance hall there was a shaft of purple light piling from a pedestal in the center of a domed room. items of worth spread about the pedestal but nothing on it.

The initiate stopped near a pew, or rather simple bench.

"You can wait here. Someone will take you further inside if ... what you say is correct..." the initiate turned and..somewhat flew off into halls unknown.

The ambiance of the room... had an odd hum or musical ring to it. Perhaps it was the source of the light in the center of the room... or a noisy climate control generator.

Few entered the room as he waited.. always the white, grey, or black robes. The other occupants of this shrine were never without a robe of some kind... Suppose it was easy to point out visitors that way.
Chris sat on the bench, and waited... the waiting seemed enless.

He kept looking at the purplish light in the middle of the room. For some reason, it drew his attraction as soon as he saw it. He was almost mermerized by the glow... He fell in a profound sleep...

----

-Calcifer! What are you doing?! - the kid exclaimed, at the sight of his wooden horse being consumed by flames.
-I'm playing with your horse. - said Chris, calmly. He was holding a bottle of white spirit in one hand, which he found inside a janitor's closet, and a box of matches in the other. The horse's mane was completely burnt, it's head completely deformated by the flames.
-Put out the fire! Put it out! My horsey! - the kid was crying. But nothing could he do. Chris was older, taller, and knew how to fight with other kids. He was feared. He was the bully...

A tall woman came to the place, she was holding a fire extinguisher. Quickly, Chris hid the matches box in his pocket, and dropped the bottle, close to the horse. The spoiled white spirit catched on fire, and the bottle bursted in flames. The woman put out the fire, but Chris was nowhere. She obviously knew who was behind that. It was the third time that month.

Chris crossed the concrete-covered backyard, running past many kids who were playing. The fire would make as a distraction while he escaped. He reached the service door in the side of the backyard, where the concrete ended and the ground and the trees began. It was the only other door that got inside the building, aside from the big ones in the main area of the yard, in which the fire and the woman were.

[Image: size_550x415_Backyard.png]

He quickly climbed the rusty stairs, and entered the building. Once inside, he headed towards the kitchens. Rosa, the hispanic cook, was there as usual. She was the only one that liked Chris. She didn't mind him hiding in the storage room. Noone would find him there. He'd be safe... for now....

----

Chris suddenly woke up, right before a robbed man approached...
Pages: 1 2 3