Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Encrypted Message to: The Bretonian Armed Forces/Guard/High Command
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
***Incoming Transmission***
***Source: Mining Vessel "Gunny_Freight"***
***ID Confirmed***
***Capt. Richard "Gunny" Rhodes***
***Affiliation: Bretonian Mining and Metals***

Decrypting...

Opening message...

Greetings BAF! My name is Richard Rhodes, captain of the mining vessel Gunny_Freight. You can call me "Gunny" for short. Well now let's get right down to it shall we? I've been a long standing supporter of Bretonia and being that I'm in the BMM makes me a deciding factor in it's continued growth and prosperity. It seems of late that this prosperity has been threatened by an ever expanding hoard of pirates and dissidents along the major trade routs that we use. Now I know our forces have been stretched thin as it is (given the situations in Leeds and all), but my proposal is intended to pull some of the burden of inter stellar protection off of your shoulders and place it on some already battle-hardened BMM crews. Now of course no one can know if a plan could really work unless it's carried out or at least tested. Therefore I'm asking for the christening of but one ship. A Royal Liner by the name of "SS.Guardian.Angel." She will be manned by only the bravest BMM crew and armed to the teeth. However this ship is still only a Liner and possesses little armor. That's where you come in. If I may be so bold in asking that the BAF supply this ship with the top of the line Capital grade armor, it may be better equipped to carry out it's mission. It's a tall order I know, but I assure you the crew I've selected couldn't be more up to the challenge. Let me know what you think. I'll be awaiting your reply. Gunny out.

***End Transmission***

[Incoming Transmission]
[Source: HMS Pendragon]
[CommID: Fleet Admiral Nelson]

Mr Rhodes,

It is certainly true that piracy poses a threat to our economy in these times of war. Your work in attempting to combat said piracy is indeed admirable. As such you are granted your permission to commission a Royal Liner class vessel, the SS Guardian Angel. With regard to armour, I know that Southampton Shipyard has some stocks of capital ship armour which I will authorise them to sell to you at cost price. However, bearing in mind that outfitting such a ship with top-grade capital armour costs as much as the commissioning of 4 new destroyers for our fleet and that we are in the midst of a war, I am afraid that the BAF cannot spare the resources to fund such a project with you at this time.

Nevertheless, I wish you luck in this venture.

Sir Stanley Nelson
Fleet Admiral
BAF

[End Transmission]
' Wrote:[Incoming Transmission]
[Source: HMS Pendragon]
[CommID: Fleet Admiral Nelson]

Mr Rhodes,

It is certainly true that piracy poses a threat to our economy in these times of war. Your work in attempting to combat said piracy is indeed admirable. As such you are granted your permission to commission a Royal Liner class vessel, the SS Guardian Angel. With regard to armour, I know that Southampton Shipyard has some stocks of capital ship armour which I will authorise them to sell to you at cost price. However, bearing in mind that outfitting such a ship with top-grade capital armour costs as much as the commissioning of 4 new destroyers for our fleet and that we are in the midst of a war, I am afraid that the BAF cannot spare the resources to fund such a project with you at this time.

Nevertheless, I wish you luck in this venture.
Sir Stanley Nelson
Fleet Admiral
BAF

[End Transmission]

***Incoming Transmission***
***Source: Mining Vessel "Gunny_Freight"***
***ID Confirmed***
***Capt. Richard "Gunny" Rhodes***
***Affiliation: Bretonian Mining and Metals***

Decrypting...

Opening message...

Hello again Admiral. First of all, thank you for responding so promptly to my request. It's not every day that the admiralty responds personally to my messages. It was an honor sir. Secondly, it seems that the funding for the SS.Guardian.Angel has hit a snag. Because of this, the ships launch date has been pushed out almost indefinitely. Fortunately what has been constructed won't go to waste as it's still bare enough to be built into a fine Royal Liner of the non-fighting variety. And finally, I've been in contact with a member of the [Lions] faction and they say that they're attempting to acquire a type of war ship from the BAF. (legally of course) I was wondering if you've heard anything on this matter. And if so, I'm curious as to how it's going. Again, thank you for your time. Gunny out.

***End Transmission***