Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Single player with this mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi. First of all, i need to say that I have played freelancer before, a lot and now my desire for it returned, so i downloaded this mod, started to play SP but it didnt started like SP needed to start. I was "spawned" in manhattan, lvl4 (?!), and when i came into the bar, there wasnt that gorgeus lady from SP, only some missions that arent a part of main storyline.
Why? I would really really love to play SP again, but with this MOD so please give me some feedback.

THX !!
The single player campaign is no longer an option with 4.85, just the openSP version.
If you want the full game, you'll need 4.84 I'm afraid.
We're not being jerks about it or anything, just the changes basically make/made it unplayable.
Battleships in SP can literally one-shot your Centurion (in 4.84). Imagine Solaris turrets.
If you need help beating 4.84 in Discovery on the other hand, use starkiller torpedoes as anti-fighter weapons, especially against the fighters protecting Tekagi's Base. If you cruise, engine kill, and then fire a torpedo, it gets quite a bit of range and can reasonably hit a dragon fighter.
So, i need to download 4.84 to play SP? kk:Dthx!
Why get rid of the SP campaign in 4.85? It was fine the way it was before! The AI was actually able to heal its ships, giving us more of a challenge! Why change it?

If it ain't broke, DON'T FIX IT!
Because it was broke.

The basic problem is that to maintain compatibility with the campaign we could not change a bunch of things (jump gates, factions, etc) that really needed to be changed to represent changes to the mod's story and the community. Thus support for the campaign was removed and the changes were made.
' Wrote:Why get rid of the SP campaign in 4.85? It was fine the way it was before! The AI was actually able to heal its ships, giving us more of a challenge! Why change it?

If it ain't broke, DON'T FIX IT!

Pennsylvania was one of the main reasons. The inability to edit just about any vanilla system even though some caused a lot of trouble (S13-NB JH) was another.
' Wrote:Pennsylvania was one of the main reasons. The inability to edit just about any vanilla system even though some caused a lot of trouble (S13-NB JH) was another.

You could just as easily put in a new jump gate instead of using an existing one! It can't possibly be THAT hard to do!
Pages: 1 2