Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: ZUI Travel Advisory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Comm ID: Victor Robinson
NOTICE: ALL COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS ADVISORY ARE TO BE TRANSMITTED ON OTHER CHANNELS.

In order to execute my job as a representative for independent Zoners, and specifically for those who are affiliated with the Zoner Alliance, I am hereby issuing an emergency travel advisory for all independent Zoners who plan to enter Libertonian space:
It has become clear that traveling in Liberty is not safe, especially in the presence of certain Liberty Navy pilots, listed below. The Liberty Navy is known to fire upon innocent, bystanding civilians during combat. Combat situations occur regularly in Liberty, and certain officers of the Liberty Navy have been known to both sentence to death and summarily execute said bystanders on the spot. You are free to fly in Liberty, but it is at your own peril.

Systems affected:
New York
California
Texas
Colorado
Any system linked to any of the above systems

The following pilots are to be declared armed, aggressive, and extremely dangerous:
[color=#FF0000]Logan Willows
Christina Robinson
Ryan MacTavish

All of the Liberty Navy

Avoid the above-mentioned pilots at all costs. Do NOT attempt to speak with, fire upon, or arrest them. While flying in Liberty, I advise all independent Zoners to stay as close to any friendly or neutral base as possible. Hopefully, I will be able to retract this advisory once it has been determined that the rule of law has been re-established in Liberty and that the above-mentioned pilots no longer pose a threat the the physical security of independent Zoner visitors.

For advice on how to arrive at your destination without traveling through Liberty, please contact your local Freeport.

Thank you.

-Victor Robinson
Zoner Union of Independents, Zoner Alliance

*THIS TRANSMISSION HAS BEEN UPDATED REFLECTING RECENT DEVELOPMENTS*

*Link Terminated*
Incoming Transmission
Comm ID: Kenneth Foster

Isn't the person you accuse of being unjustly targeted by the Liberty Navy the same person that forcefully docked a cruiser on Planet Crete in direct defiance of the orders given to her by a Corsair Elder only minutes prior?

Now I'm new to the Zoners. Up until a few days ago, I'd been a Junker all my life. My main area of travel was Liberty.. In my time there I have never witnessed an unjust action taken by the Liberty Navy towards Zoners.

If Ms. Tomoe is innocent, why then was she expelled from the Temporary Autonomous Zoners? I highly doubt they'd rid themselves of a member if he or she made no problems...
-Kenneth Foster
<div align="right]End Transmission
' Wrote:Incoming Transmission

Isn't the person you accuse of being unjustly targeted by the Liberty Navy the same person that forcefully docked a cruiser on Planet Crete in direct defiance of the orders given to her by a Corsair Elder only minutes prior?

Now I'm new to the Zoners. Up until a few days ago, I'd been a Junker all my life. My main area of travel was Liberty.. In my time there I have never witnessed an unjust action taken by the Liberty Navy towards Zoners.

If Ms. Tomoe is innocent, why then was she expelled from the Temporary Autonomous Zoners? I highly doubt they'd rid themselves of a member if he or she made no problems...
-Kenneth Foster

This is not a travel advisory that affects Omicron Gamma or Baffin, nor does it affect any interactions with Corsair or TAZ pilots. It affects only Liberty space.

Please do not post irrelevant transmissions on this channel, as it is for emergency purposes and involves the safety of civilian pilots.

Thank you.

-Victor Robinson
Incoming Transmission

I would think someone's past actions are very relevant in showing a pattern of behavior. If someone were to murder another in greed, is that not relevant if another murder happens the exact same way with a fitting motive?

What one does in Baffin or Gamma has an affect elsewhere. If both the Corsairs and the TAZ both consider this Ms. Tomoe a problem, why is it we immediately suspect foul play on the Liberty Navy as soon as they develop an issue with this person? From what I can see, there is a pattern of disrespectful or disobedient behavior, which lends strong credence to the Navy's accusations.
-Kenneth Foster

I would think someone's past actions are very relevant in showing a pattern of behavior. If someone were to murder another in greed, is that not relevant if another murder happens the exact same way with a fitting motive?

What one does in Baffin or Gamma has an affect elsewhere. If both the Corsairs and the TAZ both consider this Ms. Tomoe a problem, why is it we immediately suspect foul play on the Liberty Navy as soon as they develop an issue with this person? From what I can see, there is a pattern of disrespectful or disobedient behavior, which lends strong credence to the Navy's accusations.
-Kenneth Foster

This is not a trial of Ms. Tomoe. This is an emergency travel advisory. I kindly request that if you have any issues with her actions that you take them elsewhere.

Thank you.

-Victor Robinson
Incoming Transmission

Isn't your accusations that the Liberty Navy has attempted to kill innocent civilians and Zoners a trial in itself? It seems as if you've already tried and convicted the Navy of perceived wrongs of which you have no evidence or corroborating witnesses. If you've already decided to yourself that the Liberty Navy is to blame and is guilty, how is this anything but a trial? You're making a public statement accusing an organization of a crime you can't prove. How can you say at the same time that the Zoner you call innocent is not on trial here? The two are intertwined, and you cannot have one without the other. Either the Liberty Navy is guilty of false arrest or Ms. Tomoe is guilty of crimes committed inside Liberty's borders. Condemning the Liberty Navy before proper investigation and fair and equal prosecution is premature action that shouldn't be taken by someone in a position of leadership.

I beg you to think deeper on the matter and reconsider your actions.
-Kenneth Foster

-Kenneth Foster

This is an emergency measure. Again, I hope to see it resolved soon, but cannot wait for the bureaucratic machine of the Libertonian government to handle this while innocent civilians are in danger.

Now I hereby ban you from transmitting on this channel.

Thank you. If you have any further comments, please take them to another channel. This one is for a specific emergency purpose and we can't afford to have it drowned out.

-Victor Robinson

*Upload Link to Kenneth Foster terminated*
Comm ID: Ernest "Ducky" Knuth
Address: Victor Robinson, ZUI
Subject: Your travel advisory

Hear the loud alarum bells - brazen bells!
What a tale of terror, now, their turbulency tells!
In the startled ear of night
How they scream out their affright!
Too much horrified to speak,
They can only shriek, shriek,
Out of tune...

On a related note, my dear chap, fancy presenting us with a handy listing of these "several different reports"?

A handy chart of the pilots involved on both sides would be just smashing, while we're at it.

Toodle-oo,
Ducky.

PS: And should you think that my TAZ affiliation renders me a non-party...
I do consider myself an independent Zoner. I just have awesome friends.

* DO NOT FOLD, SPINDLE
* OR MUTILATE. <strike>SERIOUS</strike>
' Wrote:Comm ID: Ernest "Ducky" Knuth
Address: Victor Robinson, ZUI
Subject: Your travel advisory

Hear the loud alarum bells - brazen bells!
What a tale of terror, now, their turbulency tells!
In the startled ear of night
How they scream out their affright!
Too much horrified to speak,
They can only shriek, shriek,
Out of tune...

On a related note, my dear chap, fancy presenting us with a handy listing of these "several different reports", ideally with a handy chart of the pilots involved on both sides?

Toodle-oo,
Ducky.

* DO NOT FOLD, SPINDLE
* OR MUTILATE. <strike>SERIOUS</strike>

You may visit the halls of the Zoner Alliance and view my transmission there for more information.
<strike>
Of course, this advisory does not concern you because you are not an independent Zoner, and are thus less vulnerable to such abuses.</strike>

Now please, to all others- if you have any comments or questions, direct them to another channel.
Thank you.

-Victor Robinson
Source: [TAZ]Lief.Erikson

Now, lad, I'm not sure if we're talkin' about the same Liberty. You sure you ain't gettin' it mixed up with Gallia, per chance? I've been down there hundreds o' times, and I've found the local authorities to be as polite and reasonable as it's possible for the authorities to be. Perhaps there's a problem with the Zoner in question, rather than the House o' Liberty?

I appreciate yer warnin', though, lad. I'll make sure my shields are down, and my countermeasures unloaded and powered down. That should be enough to see me safely through.

Hail Eris -><- καλλιστι -><- All Hail Discordia!
Pages: 1 2