Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Lone Wolf
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Neural network - Adolf Neumann. Current status]

Current ID status: Marinenachrichtendienst

Current ship: Wraith - 90-ARKM-N45 Rheinland Very Heavy Fighter

Current contracts:

- None -

Corporate Ship:

- None -

Current relations:

ALLIANCE

Buro der Marineintelligenz

Rheinland Military

FRIENDLY

Kishiro Technologies

Rheinland Federal Police

NEUTRAL

Other not listed

UNFRIENDLY

Corsairs

Outcasts

Unioneers

HOSTILE

Nomads

Liberty Pirates

Liberty Corporaations

Liberty Navy

Liberty Police

Rheinland Revolution Front

KILL ON SIGHT, Hate them

-NONE-

=============

Also:

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=31189
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=60327
[Neural network - Adolf Neumann. Track 1. 02 \ Dec 817 AS.]

Finally I decided to launch my own neural network, friends say that I am a fool - why poor man from the poor quarter of Erie needed an own network? They are right in something, because I dont know what to write here. heh. For begining, i'll start to describe my adventures in search of work, ha. Well, in the first place i'll leave here a message about myself.

PART 1 - STEP INTO PAST - Planet Erie

[Image: overview3b.jpg]

As Well, perhaps i have nothing to say about me, but my parents were not such, at least my father, my father has always been and remains an example for me in all. Fair. Courageous. The genius in all. However, if someone once to read this, he probably already noticed that the name of our family is Neumann - Differs somewhat from the usual names in Liberty, hmm. The history of my father is long and interesting. Let's start though, would the fact that he was captain of a whole cruiser "Fon Der Tann" in the army of Rhineland! Yes! Captain Hans fon Neumann, that's who my father is. Actually this is the root of our current problems there, in Liberty. There is war and on us, and especially on my father, peoples are throwns their hatefull sights... As Well, from the past you can't escape and you have to live with it.

My mother .. her name was Helga Meier, and my father met her when his cruiser stood on the repair in shipyard "Alster". My dear, good woman. But unfortunately She died duo to cancer when I was 3 and I have little to remember about her. For father it was a heavy blow, soon he left the Rhineland in the hope of finding a place to calm .. And here we are in Liberty .. My father worked at one of these plants which are a lot around. Lives of the immigrants are not too easy, but he did everything to send me to his own footsteps. In 816th I finished the Academy and received a pilot's license, everything was wonderful, but you know how it happens ..

Father became ill and went into the hospital, I tried to find a job in the meantime war has began. It was like a nightmare, as soon as people heard my name they turnd their mind about me to 180 degree. Not the most pleasant sense, we are in a moment become strangers in the world where we leaved so many years. Life has always been not too fair, many believe that Liberty is the path to freedom, equality, prosperity .. justice .. Well, now I understand the whole irony of the situation. without a penny in account with sick father and without work, I feel myself free, and prosperous. Yes.

Now a bit about me. My name is Adolf Neumann, I'm 23, I'm originally from Rheinland like my parents and now we are exiles in Liberty .. already about 20 years. I'm a pilot of light spacecrafts, but unofficially father learned me a lot how to be a real captain, I always listened without interrupting but anyway I feel that i never get onboard of real starship. I live in a cramped little room in one of the many poor quarters around. And yes, my mother died and my father in the hospital and I still have no work. In general, I'm the happiest person around Sirius.

At this point I'll probably end this first track. Well. After all, if you want to get somehere you allways should make the first step.
[Neural network - Adolf Neumann. Track 2. 15 \ Dec 817 AS.]

PART 2 - TRACES ON SAND - Planet Erie

[Image: depression2.jpg]

Went the second month of job search with zero results. It begins seems that this is impossible. Finding work has already started for me something ordinary. The influence of the past ... it's like magnet of troubles for me on that forbedden by God planet. I have tried everything, but everywhere my name and origin puts a big fat cross on any of my advantages. As-Well I think all this will soon come the end with the remains of money.

[Neural network - Adolf Neumann. Track 3. 17 \ Dec 817 AS.]

Today is a sunny day and not a single cloud darkens the sky. What of course does not refers to the state of my soul. Today I meet the father, he had complications and he not come to mind .. For the second day. Let's just say this is not the lead that can make me happy.

/ ps: need to think.

[Neural network - Adolf Neumann. Track 4. 18 \ Dec 817 AS.]

My current balance is 21458 SC, I think that if I don't find a work that moneys will disapper very fast. These thoughts are comes to me after another "sorry, we can't give you a job. Goodbye." My father is still not recovered. I'm worried.
[Neural network - Adolf Neumann. Track 5. 21 \ Dec 817 AS]

PART 3 - MASK OF BETRAYER - Planet Erie

[Image: depression3g.jpg]

He's dead ...

I can't believe in it, just can't. All that was important for me has disappeared in one moment and my mind is .. empty. There is no God. Well, anyway he is not here.

Need .. time .. a bit.

[Neural network - Adolf Neumann. Track 6. 22 \ Dec 817 AS]

I'm begining recoviring away from the shock, have a lot to to undesrtand. I'm alone around this damned world. However, judging by the fact that I continue to wright lines in that diary, well, seems like i didin't lost that optimism. That's good, no one has died from an overabundance of optimism.

But now, i need to think ...

[Neural network - Adolf Neumann. Track 7. 24 \ Dec 817 AS]

[Image: grave.jpg]

Today was my father's funeral, I think that now I can break all connections with this place once and forever. I have left only 18840 credits after all these fees I had to pay. Well, i need to think about what to do next and how to leave with it.

[Neural network - Adolf Neumann. Track 8. 26 \ Dec 817 AS]

I'm in prison. Wonderful. It is amazing how an innocent person may be holded in prison simply for the fact that some liberty security is dislike the people with rhienland origins. It seems like the government of Liberty finally went too far. I'm angry? No. I am happy? No. Strange but I stopped feeling anything. I think 3 years ago i would scared to realising that. But now? No, now it's not important. Not important ..
[Neural network - Adolf Neumann. Track 9. 23 \ Jan 818 AS.]

PART 4 - NOT EXISTENCE - Planet Erie

[Image: overview1.jpg]

Finaly im under clear sky again. But, is that a _freedom_, right? Who knows. But after spending nearly a month in this liberty's cell I finally understood. My thoughts are formed in a clear straight line and everything became clear as a sunny day. I was surprised.

Must fly, fly away for a long time and no matter how. The most important is to get away from that planet.

Today I'm starting to search for a cheap vessel that capable to fly.

[Neural network - Adolf Neumann. Track 10. 25 \ Jan 818 AS.]

Lucky .. one independent trader sells one of his old ships. This is CTE 750AE Civilian "Starflier". Not expensive, only 12,400 SC for all. This is a chance. I sold my little room, and now I have 21000 of SC, all. There is no way to return for this point. I'l get out of here, at any cost.

[Neural network - Adolf Neumann. Track 11. 28 \ Jan 818 AS.]

Excellent, I'm happy owner of the scrapmetal. This is of course worse than LZF-6364 "Patriot" that were in the academy, but it's mine, and it flies. Star-maps are not included unfortunately.So, I'll do something with it. Let's see how my baby will fly.

[Neural network - Adolf Neumann. Track 12. 28 \ Jan 818 AS.]

[Image: takeoff.jpg]

Well, flight tests has been wonderful. I did not believe in that good fortune. This is actually the first success over the past 10 months. I have my own ship and it flies. Father would be proud of me. It will be necessary to go to his grave before I finally leave this planet.

[Neural network - Adolf Neumann. Track 13. 03 \ Feb 818 AS.]

Today is an important day. Tomorrow at around 0000 by the standard space time I fly away from here. This is a turning point in my life. I was already on the father's grave .. told him about my plans .. about leaving this planet .. I hope he is somewhere .. far .. in a better world, I hope he is proud of me not less than I'm proud of him. hehe. Okay. I have much things to do before I'll make a small step into a great future. After all, if you want to get somewhere you allways should make the first step. So said my father Hans fon Neumann, the captain of the cruiser "Fon Der Tann" and the man that I'm respecting.

I should get ready. The time has come.
[Neural network - Adolf Neumann. Track 14. 03 \ Feb 818 AS.]

PART 5 - LOTUS BLOOMS TWICE - Planet Erie

[Image: launchpad.jpg]

- 4 hours to start -

I can't wait. I really can't. The time is moving slowly ... and slowly ... and slowly ...

I feel like I'm waiting a whole eternity. My ship is towed ti launch pad N18-321 and I'm just complete with computer tests. Main engines works fine, shield status green. Power core operation in full capacity.

I find that ship have no long range communication system. Well, thats just mean i need not to go far from bases...

My worries about ship equipment are fully confirmed. Power core is weak, shields have low capacity and all that is equipment is very OLD. But there is good news also, haha! 2 Guns are mounted already and ready to battle. Firepower is never enough *Giggles*.

Well, i have to test the rest secondary systems, the next my track will be writhed in open space.

To the Stars!
[Neural network - Adolf Neumann. Track 15. 04 \ Feb 818 AS.]

Location: Open Space, Planet Erie high orbit, Pennsylvania system, Liberty space.

[Image: firsttakeoff.jpg]

Here it is, this is the best day in my life! My ship took of and get out from Erie's atmosphere. I feel myself free like a first man discovering the place where no-one was before. Actually i have a lot of work to do there. The first of all i should make few tests to make sure all system works fine. I just little doubt about the guy who sold me that ship. I like to be sure. Hm.

Well, I have something to note here already. I just entered the space and the first thing i discover in my new life was a Liberty Dreadnought Gettysburg that guarding the space near the planet. I heard about it from on guy is a bar. Liberty like to point the fact that it's their space. Well, not a my problem. But anyway i send them request to land. I hope someone in a bar can help me with sector maps ... or maybe a job?! But heh, i found nothing. That was expected, how the hell i can find something in a military battleship?

The second point was to meet a bar on a Harrisburg Orbital Station, well being honest - i dislike this place, nothing interested. But i note the commodities buy\sell prices .. so, why not? From landing on that station I just know that if i need a work or whatever I want I should go through the Trade Lanes to the next Planet in that system and try luck on Philadelphia Station, well, have I choice?

P.S. Also, in the darkest corner of Harrisburg's bar was a man who called himself an "Outcast", hm, they looks like "don't make me a trouble and we will never meet".

Okay, i need to test cruise Engine system and few subsystems in my drive before using trade lance.

Additional Attachments:

File N8313 - OPEN
File J23512 - OPEN
File KJS234 - OPEN
[Neural network - Adolf Neumann. Track 16. 04 \ Feb 818 AS.]

Location: Philadelphia Station, Pennsylvania system, Liberty space.

[Image: pensilvanniaarrival.jpg]

Philadelphia Station .. well, a nice place after all that dirty bars and workers quarters where i was before. There a lot of peoples, traders and a lot of police. I wonder why ...? With this question, I went to one of the local bars. Hmm, a little remark - I start to walk to bars too often. It seems that this will be my main entertainment while living on station. So, I find an answer, all Pennsylvania government is here. It clarifies many issues.

However, there is clearly possible to find a work. But today I finally got tired and took a cheap room in a local diner.

Additional Attachments:

File TK810 - OPEN
File KJS89 - OPEN
File AS891 - OPEN
[Neural network - Adolf Neumann. Track 17. 05 \ Feb 818 AS.]

[Image: rhinotakeoff.jpg]

Some time has passed since my last record, it seems it's time to relax a bit and describe my current work. A lot has changed although I recently said goodbye to my usual manner of life. Traveling around the bars were clearly usefull. I met a guy named Jack MacFrensis, later over a bottle of local liquor revealed that he engaged in trade and here is not enough people willing to fly into the frozen gas cloud to get there Helium for sale. Well, the chance is here, and I agreed. I certainly did not like the idea of fly far from the routes of the patrols but the money that the guy had been promised are very very good. After a few trips I had to go back on Erie to replace my ship on a more suitable freighter. Now I owner of the Rhino, my business is clearly going up the hill since I became a freelancer. So, good. But ,I think, soon i should to change activities, already very tired. And this place reminds me about the past.

It is worth noting that as soon as I got my own ship and some cash looking for a job here become not so impossible. The whole Liberty is in it - if you have money you can become even a president, the case is in the amount of money.

Generally this disgusting even to think. I do not like this place. And these people.

But on the other hand I can't go far right now, so I have to live with it now.

Additional Attachments:

File TR230 - OPEN

File HJF23 - OPEN

File KLS65 - OPEN
[Neural network - Adolf Neumann. Track 18. 05 \ Feb 818 AS.]

[Image: nyscheme.jpg]
- Darwin's navigation logs, New York system -

Met a very strange guy, a researcher called Darwin with his ship "Nautilus". He was so polite that for a small donation for the benefit of science has sent me his navigation logs. What most surprisingly, he told me about the existence of alien race. I , of course, was struck - never heard anything like this before, but I well-known is the degree of freedom of speech in the press so I'm not surprised for a long time why I did not hear about it. So he gave me a few images these nomads that he made during his travels and gave coordinates of an entire colony of these creatures! Well, I have no idea what to do with this, but I know that these creatures are:

1. Exist.
2. Very aggressive and hostile.
3. Where to find them.

So, I now know exactly where I do not need to fly but have no idea how to get there.

So, with those coordinates of all objects in NY system i can easy find anything.

Also, he told me this:

Quote:In Omicron 82 ther is a Pantom base named *The temple of the revenant*

Have no idea what that mean, but i noted it for some random reason.

And a message about that "Nomad" base location as well too:

Quote:In Omicron 99 there is a nomad base called the ravine, very massive base, in sector5-d

That guy Darwin seems very brave to get that closer to them. Hm.

File KO315 - OPEN
Pages: 1 2