Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Imperial Court of the Blood Dragon Shogunate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Sending Transmission...
Transmission Source Found...
Attaching Encrypted Datafile...

[Image: blooddragonlogo.gif]

The Rising Sons Shogunate has decreed that The Court is open.

Blood Dragons, Honourable GC Sisters, and other persons from time to time are invited to entreat with the Shogunate, as well as with each other.

[color=#990000]Signed,
The Shogunate Office
[Image: hideyoshisignature.png]
In Hideyoshi's Memory

//OORP:
1) There are many forms of etiquette. Speak like a crude barbarian, and expect to be treated as one.

2) When speaking before the Shoguns - to allow the other person to save face.
Whether you speak to the Shoguns - or to someone else in front ofthem - always allow the other party a chance to make up an excuse to concede your point of view. Better still if you offer them such an excuse. Everyone KNOWS it is just an excuse, but it is vital to preserve one's honour.

So basically dont back someone into a corner - or you may well be considered to be trying to stir up trouble. The best that will happen is that the other party will challenge you to a blood-duel in space - the worst that will happen is that you will anger the Shoguns...

3) Before the Shoguns, anyone may speak above their station. The lowest soldier may speak their minds concerning their highest superior. Provided they preserve the face of the other person, they may speak with passion!

But remember - any protection you have before the Shoguns, stops when you are no longer in their presence. Expect that anyone you have angered will remember it!

4) This 'watering hole' is much more than just the Shoguns Chamber Room. The hallways are great places to plot, scheme, argue and even fight.

5) Petitioners are only to post here by invitation through the Diplomatic Channels. Unsolicited petitions shall be removed.

6) DO NOT PUT WORDS IN THE MOUTH OF THE SHOGUNS! Simple requests to speak are permitted, even to speak privately. But you are NOT the Shoguns, and you do not speak for him!

The Taishogun sat on His throne.
He had been made aware of disturbing developments within the Sisterhood, of infected Sisters.

He had also heard of the latest conflict between the Kusari Government and the Remnant.

He expected that soon he would be receiving a number of petitions. But for now, he was preparing one of His own.
With a nod, an attendee came close. After whispering in his ear, the attendee promptly returned with a small titanium cylinder. The Taishogun nodded to the Court, then retreated to His chambers for a short time.

When He returned, he gestured to Shogun Otaru Egami. Egami approached, and the Taishogun spoke softly.

"When you have read this, dear friend, you will know what to do with it."
Hirosho Horatami got up from where he was sitting, chatting with others, and walked to speak with the Taishogun. Hirosho bowed, then began to speak in a concerned manner.

"Most honorable Taishogun, i am very concerned with recent events.. Aoi Iseijin. They are becoming a very severe threat to each and every one of us! Several other sisters and brothers, along with many colonials and naval forces, recently encountered one of these Iseijin. And before that, there have been even more encounters with these.. these.. creatures! We cannot risk one of us being infected. We must begin severe and thorough inspections. I propose that every shogun begins these inspections as soon as possible. If we wait too long, it may be the end of us, sir."

Several others watching nodded in agreement.
Concentrated on his meditation, Miyamoto was relaxing, and seeking wisdom in his chamber. Soon a decision was made, and the Taishogun must be informed of what he saw. But first, Sum-Gok-Li's presence will be required also, to confirm Miyamoto's suspicions.

Miyamoto headed towards the communication console, and transmitted a signal to the Sendai Research Complex.

"Brother Sum, I am in need of your wisdom, and the Blood Dragons are in dire need of your knowledge about the aliens. Dozo Gok-Li-sama, hurry, I will address the Taishogun shortly. For Blood and Honor brother!"

The message was transmitted, and Miyamoto headed toward the Imperial Court Chamber, where he will speak to the Taishogun himself.

As he entered the Imperial Court itself, he saw brother Hirosho in there, speaking to the Taishogun, and asked a brother Dragon what is going on.

"Hirosho-san is worried Sensei, worried about the Aoi Iseijin. Their numbers are growing constantly, and our brothers are starting to fall. He suggest some sort of an inspection, to make sure we do not lose any more of our own to these filthy creatures."

"Hai, it will be done."

Miyamoto answered the fellow Dragon, and stepped further into the Court. When he stepped into the visual range of the Taishogun, he bowed with humility and pride. Taking his Katana off his shoulder and presenting it with both his arms to the Taishogun, an act common in the Blood Dragons, an act of trustworthiness and brotherhood.

"Aa Miyamoto-sama, come. Come brother, and speak up your mind." - The Taishogun himself spoke to Miyamoto.

"Hai Sensei, arigato gozaimasu." - He replied to the Taishogun with respect, then took his Katana and put it back on his back, looking towards Hiroito, "Konnichiwa brother, I am here with the same reason as you." - brother Hiroito looked him in the eyes, and bowed slightly.

Miyamoto approached the Taishogun, but not to close, as he wishes not to insult his Greatness.

"Sensei, I have most troublesome news. My patrols have been taking me in the Tohoku system more often these days, and the days are looking grim Sensei. The KNF is visiting the Arch on a daily basis, but I fear that it is just an act to fool us, to blind us. I believe they are the Aoi Iseijin, the filth of our Home. Yesterday Sensei, I was in Tohoku, and a KNF ship was there, the Soburin. Along with our sister Chrysanthemum, Rin Masaki. All was well until the Soburin spoke to Rin-san. And she.....opened fire on me. I had no wish to fight her, but she persisted, and I was forced to destroy her ship. I do not know if she is alive. To confirm my suspicions I have summoned Gok-Li-sama, as he is the most wise of us when it comes to dealing with those aliens. He will be here shortly I hope. I will not speak of Rin-san being possessed without his opinion on this, but I am afraid that there is no other option."

In one of the many halls of the Imperial Court, Shogun Sum-Gok-Li was in deep thought.

He had sighted one of the Sisters, utterly possessed by something - and beginning to undue influence over others in the Sisterhood.
Sum was aware that this had since been verified by Shogun Miyamoto. whatever was going on was sowing the seeds of chaos in the process.

Decisive action was required, but not so bold as to cause the Sisterhood to close ranks around what was possibly a severe reaction to Cardamine, and those who supplied it. Deep down, Sum considered the possibility that it could be something...else.

Sum began to examine some of the ranked warrior's profiles. He knew that matters must be set in motion before he reported to the Taishogun and the Court.
The Taishogun's face grimed, as this news is most troublesome indeed. And a wise man as He is, The Taishogun knew what dangers these recent events could cause.

"Miyamoto-sama, these Aoi Iseijin, they must be cut down in rots. We must deal with the filth before they spread their influence even more. A sister was lost, but that does not worry The Taishogun, what worries The Taishogun is the thought of losing our own to these beast from the abyss."

"Hai Sensei, your worries are mine as well. Decisive and quick actions are required." - As Miyamoto finished the sentence a fellow Blood Dragon came into the chamber, one of Miyamoto's personal guard.

He stepped into the room, and kneeled before The Taishogun. Miyamoto noticed him, and assuming it was important, gave word to the Dragon.

"Speak up honorable one."

"Hai! Sensei, I was told to inform you that Shogun Sum-Gok-Li is here, in his chamber. He..." - The Taishogun interupted him.

"Good, good. Miyamoto-sama, go now, speak to Gok-Li-sama about this threat that we face. The greatest threat since Tekagi himself! The Taishogun expects a solution soon. Hirosho-san, if the Shoguns need your assistance, you will provide it."

"Hai Sensei! It will be done as you wish!" - Miyamoto replied with honor in his voice, kneeled once more before The Taishogun's Greatness. And proceeded towards Shogun Sum-Gok-Li's chambers.

As Miyamoto approached the Shogun's chambers, Sum-Gok-Li's personal guard was there, guarding the entrance to the chamber.

"I need to speak with the honorable Shogun. The Taishogun is in need of his wisdom."

"Hai Sensei, proceed."

Miyamoto approached the door and with a quick and powerful hit of his hand he punched the bell near the chamber door, to inform Sum-Gok-Li of his presence.

"Sum-Gok-Li-sama, brother, I am in need of your audience."

"Ah Miyamoto-sama, enter. I agree, we have much to discuss." - Sum spoke as Miyamoto entered the chamber, "What troubles you brother?"

Miyamoto explained what The Taishogun requests of them, a solution to the ever growing threat of the Aoi Iseijin.

"What I propose brother, is that we ban all vessels from Tohoku, friend or foe. We cannot risk them being infected. With the recent loss of our sister, I suggest even the Chrysanthemums are banned from Tohoku. And all unknown vessels are to be terminated on sight. The Aoi Iseijin, they use tricks. And can mask themselves, to appear friendly to the untrained eye. That is how our sister fell. That is why we can not risk anyone in Tohoku, since they may be the Aoi Iseijin in disguise. Perhaps a wing can be formed, the most bravest of our brothers, the most wise ones, the most calm ones, to patrol in Tohoku, never to leave the Aoi Iseijin to restore their strength! So brother, what do you think?"

"Yes, more treacherous than the mines around Kansei I should think, hmm?" Sum said with a smile.

"But do not fear Miyamoto-sama, there is a path through the minefield."
Sum stood up and activated a holo-projector.

"Firstly, to the security of our people. It would not do to sow fear and mistrust of the Sisterhood at this time. With this in mind, I can instead order a general Quarantine Inspection Order for all ships and personnel entering Kyoto. I can use this as a cover to properly screen ships and people, and preserve the integrity of our most important assets."

Miyamoto was uncertain. "But how can we expect the people to accept this new measure when there has been no report of illness or outbreak?"

Sum smiled even wider "A very good question Miyamoto-sama! And here is your answer."
Sum went over to a chiller cabinet, and pulled out a glass vial. Miyamoto took a closer look, and recoiled in disgust.

"Are they lice?" Said a clearly rankled Miyamoto.

Sum nodded "Stuttgart Speckled Body Lice, I had a Rheinland Junker gather some samples for me - no doubt from his own bedsheets!" Sum chuckled and put away the vial.

"These will cause an inconvenience among the Kyoto dockworkers. You can guarantee that this Quarantine Inspection Order will be heartily welcomed as a result!"

Miyamoto shuddered. "You are most devious, Sum. What then of the Sisters? Even with the both of us witnessing the influence of this unstable individual, even with His Majesty in full agreement with the threat, I doubt the Sisterhood will accept our word."

Sum nodded, gravely. "I concur with your assessment Miyamoto-sama. It is not enough in this case for our word to hold sway. I shall be making contact with the Order, there is something I need from them. There is a remote chance the GC have come into contact with Nomad technology, probably through travel to Outcast space. At the very least, I need from the Order something that may change the way the Sisters see the threat of the Nomads. There is no point in explaining more until I have secured it. Should I be successful, I shall submit what I have found before both the GC Elders and the Taishogun."

"As for the present situation, this appears to be restricted to the GC formerly known as Amy Masako, and her sister Rin Masaki. Both are to be placed on a watch list. Inform the Brothers that they to report on all activities they observe these two Sisters undertaking."

Sum leaned forward. "At no time should any of our Dragons attempt to approach the Arch. Until further notice you should reprogram all ship navigation systems to reroute the autopilot to Ryuku Base, should a Dragon vessel move within 10K of the Arch. I need you to make this a general command - can you do this?"

Sum hoped for a reply in the affirmative.
After hearing out Sum and his ideas on the Aoi Iseijin, and how to deal with them, he grimed, closing his eyes to calm himself, and finally lowered his head slightly. He calmed himself a little, and began speaking.

"The Quarantine will give us the ability to control the passage to Tohoku, and no Dragon will be able to go there without are knowledge."

Then he again remembered Shogun Sum-Gok-Li's words, and his faced darkened in ager.

"Brother, Outcasts and Gajin I can handle, but the stench of the Order I do not want anywhere near me. The traitorous dogs left us when their needs no longer crossed paths with ours, and that brother, is what I call dishonorable. Hai, I am aware that we cannot expect more from the Gajin, but our brothers, Ozu, Takaro, Kenji....and those are just the ones I can remember...." - Miyamoto sighed in remembrance.

"I know brother, I know. And their names will be remembered for eternity."

"Gok-Li-sama, the Aoi Iseijin I can deal with, our brothers will be informed of the new restrictions regarding Tohoku. No Dragon will approach the Arch. And if there is need of approaching the Arch itself, I will be there myself, to guide my brothers. But the Order, is something you will have to deal with, as I do not stand them."
"...I hear he fell in love something about..." The Taekiyari chatted eagerly amongst themselves, discussing the possible fate of Shogun Otaru Egami.

"Well I hear he got terminally ill" one of the more confident Taekiyari smiled. The others discussed such a possibility eagerly. An hand placed itself on his shoulder, causing him to turn round in shock.

He faced Daimyo Akuji, whom didn't look the slightest bit pleased. Before the confident boy could speak, Akuji lifted him off his feet and pinned him to the wall.

"You have a little more respect when you speak about my master" he growled, loosening his grip a little to allow the boy to breathe.

"With all due respect, Otaru Egami is a coward" the Taekiyari cursed,

Akuji released the boy, "For your information, Otaru has saved my life on many occasion, taught me most of what I know today, he is one of the bravest, most honourable men I have had the pleasure to serve"

Akuji paused, eying the young warrior,

"So before you insult him, look at your own situation, you happen to be one of the worst pilots I have ever seen take to the skies, you couldn't shoot a Naval recruit in a Rheinland capital ship"

Akuji took one last look at the insulted Taekiyari, and his friends, and swiftly turned his back on them, walking away.
While Hirosho Horatami and the other Rojus were chatting in the halls, they overheard Daimyo Akuji turn hostile towards the young Taekiyari group. The Rojus, including Hirosho, headed towards Akuji with their canes by their side.

"Daimyo Akuji! How dare you! You may be above me and my peers, but we can still teach a lesson or two to the untrained!"

With this, Hirosho Horatami bonked Akuji on the head with his trusty cane.

"The little ones need positive encouragement, not negative words. Even though they have insulted an honorable shogun, a disciplined daimyo should always keep his cool, especially when that daimyo might just soon be a shogun."

Horatami and the other Rojus then turned to the Taekiyari group.

"And as for you all.. Disrespecting Shogun Otaru Egami shall result in decreased rations, and longer study sessions."

The group sighed, and begged to have more food.

"But Hirosho Horatami! How could you! I'm starving!"

Hirosho bonked the Taekiyari on the head like he had to Akuji.

"No buts! Now shoo, I think one of the Hatamoto's will soon be beginning a training session."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36