Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Laboratory Logs of Doktor Tanja Harren
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: UN17-A3-Top.png]
[Image: UN17-A3-Left.png][Image: UN17-A3-Feed.png][Image: UN17-A3-Right.png]
[Image: UN17-A3-Down.png]
:: Accessing Database ::
:: Security Clearance Required ::
:: Enter Username | Tanja Harren ::
:: Enter Password | ******* ::
:: Access Granted ::
:: Creating New Document ::

:: Opening Document;

Date: 0911814 - 0800 AM
Subject: AI-UN17-A1
Comment:
Today we completed Software updates on the Unit, our main task starts from now, we have to install the AI Software on an actual Land-Drone Hardware.
Date: 1211814 - 0341 AM
Comment:
After Three days and Two nights of work, we finally finished the test drone, filed as UN17-A1, It was hard to call it with that name, so we had to perform some modifications to its Voice recognition System to answer to sentences starting with 'A1'. We are launching a test Drive tomorrow morning.
Date: 1211814 - 0920 AM
Comment:
Unit is ready for test drive, we had uploaded random waypoints around the station and placed random boxes on its way, The main goal would be testing unit's ability to act on its own, finding fastest route through corridors and avoiding all the boxes.
Date: 1211814 - 1456 PM
Comment:
Test was unsuccessful. Unit ended up turning around itself after the last checkpoint. This problem could be easily solved by implementing one of the already designed AI Programs, but that is not our current goal, the goal is designing a unit that can think on its own. We will resume working on the unit in two days.
Date: 1411814 - 2248 PM
Comment:
We found a few bugs that are now fixed, Another test drive would be launched tomorrow morning.
Date: 1511814 - 0800 AM
Comment:
A similar test is designed again, but this time it would be done without error - Or I hope so.
Date: 1511814 - 1311 PM
Comment:
This time, results were good, but not as good as we'd been expecting. Unit encountered a few errors on the way, therefor acting 'confused' and standing in one place for more than 30 seconds.
Date: 1511814 - 2338 PM
Comment:
I contacted our Software team and informed them about the situation, they will be providing us with an updated version of the same software in two weeks.
Date: 2911814 - 1152 AM
Comment:
Updated Software came in today, which is not really good, They had to change some parts of the Navigation program so we will have to remodel the unit hardware to make it completely operational.
Date: 0212814 - 0900 AM
Comment:
Hardware modification is complete, the new software will be installed on unit today, and another test drive in two days.
Date: 0212814 - 1933 PM
Comment:
Software is not fully installed, seems we had a misunderstanding on how it works, so the hardware needs to undergo further modifications, this will delay the test drive about one week.
Date: 1112814 - 0720 AM
Comment:
Modifications finally complete, and software fully installed. The test drive will be this afternoon.
Date: 1112814 - 1600 PM
Comment:
Test results showed 100% success, the unit is now operational as a Land-Drone, we were rewarded with an extended new year vacation, we will start working on the new Unit to make it ready for Space Operations in the next year.
Date: 0401815 - 0925 AM
Subject: AI-UN17-A2
Comment:
Today we started our studies of the required modifications on the A1 to upgrade it to A2, which would be operational in Space.
Date: 1601815 - 1159 AM
Comment:
Finally we managed to list every single required modifications on Unit A1, the list will be sent to Software devision tomorrow morning, We have to wait for the updated Software before starting modifications on the A1 Hardware.
Date: 0902815 - 0926 AM
Comment:
Updated Softwares came in last night, We should start modifying the hardware, but first, we'll need exact type or required components.
Date: 1102815 - 1143 AM
Comment:
We finally managed to get a complete list of all the components we need, and because we dont have some of them ready here, we will have to wait till they come in. Ah girl, all these night shift works is making me tired, I think I should get a few days off ...
Date: 1502815 - 1927 PM
Comment:
The parts came in right now, we should start putting them together tomorrow morning.
Date: 1902815 - 0013 AM
Comment:
Hardware is successfully installed, we will perform a test flight outside the station tomorrow.
Date: 2002815 - 1106 AM
Comment:
Unit 'A2' is now in space and we designed a similar test like the one we used on A1, but this time, Unit has to fly in space and get around all the boxes.
Date: 2002815 - 1834 PM
Comment:
Test results: Failure, we tried restoring the backup software a few times but didnt work. Seems the unit is not responding to the checkpoints above or below it.
Date: 2802815 - 0932 AM
Comment:
New software came in today, We will launch another test flight this afternoon.
Date: 2802815 - 1643 PM
Comment:
We designed a similar test, unit is in space and operational, and we will start the test in a few minutes.
Date: 2802815 - 1943 PM
Comment:
Results were better than the previous test, we just need some minor Hardware modifications to improve Unit's response time to its software.
Date: 0103815 - 1855 PM
Comment:
Hardware improvement is now complete, tomorrow morning is scheduled for next test.
Date: 0203815 - 0645 AM
Comment:
Test flight is ready to begin, I hope we wont run into any more errors this time.
Date: 0203815 - 1304 PM
Comment:
Results were perfect, unit responded to its software and the objectives with perfect accuracy, next step would be getting it ready for combat situations.
Date: 1103815 - 1722 PM
Comment:
They really want us to install this Unit inside an actual Combat Ship?!
Date: 1203815 - 1046 AM
Comment:
They brought us a Banshee Light Fighter today, I'm not really satisfied with the direction this project is heading.
Date: 1803815 - 1916 PM
Comment:
We finished installing all the components needed for Unit to interact with Ship Navigation and Targeting Systems, Software-Side improvements will be done in a few days.
Date: 2403815 - 2012 PM
Comment:
New software came in today, now it contains a flexible Hostile/Threat recognition protocol, we'll be testing its Combat capability in a few days.
Date: 2703815 - 1644 PM
Comment:
We will be testing A2's combat ability against a military Drone today, I am now not even one bit satisfied with the direction this project is headed.
Date: 2703815 - 2109 PM
Comment:
Results were clear from the beginning, we didnt even need a test. Unit was destroyed in 5 seconds, How the hell should I tell them ? This is NOT a Combat Unit!
Date: 2903815 - 1154 AM
Comment:
Perfect! After all the hard work me and everyone else had put on this project, Admiral just comes in and calls this whole project 'Waste of Money and Time' and shuts it down? I'm out!
; Closing Document ::
:: Saving to Archive ::
:: Save Complete ::
:: Disconnecting from Database ::
:: Accessing Database ::
:: Security Clearance Required ::
:: Enter Username | Tanja Harren ::
:: Enter Password | ******* ::
:: Access Granted ::
:: Creating New Document ::

:: Opening Document;

Date: 1609817 - 1324 PM
Subject: Resuming Project #04213b
Comment:
They called me yesterday and told me they want me to work on A2 again, but this time as a Recon Unit, I dont believe I accepted to make the same mistake I made 2 years ago, again!
Date: 1910817 - 0835 AM
Subject: Resuming Project #04213b
Comment:
We finally finished with setting up everything we need, we will start working on A2 in a few days.
Date: 2010817 - 0725 AM
Comment:
Today something really strange happened, I just found out what my main mistake was in previous project. As soon as I loaded A2's Software and entered my security code I saw 'Welcome back Tanja' appear on the screen, I've never, ever, concentrated on its Software performance, but he remembered me!
Date: 2210817 - 1634 PM
Subject: AI-UN17-A3
Comment:
I just realized how wrong I was in past few years on working on this project, I've been paying much attention to 'Arms & Legs' and not even noticing the 'Heart & Brain' part of the project. I've been looking to A2 as a Robot, not a ... being ... that can think and decide on its own. We'll start working on 'A3' in a few days.
Date: 2510817 - 1947 PM
Comment:
We still had those components installed on that Banshee they brought us in those last days, we just removed them and ordered a Phantom this time, to install the components on that new ship, but not for Combat purposes.
Date: 0111817 - 0724 AM
Comment:
We received The Ship this morning and we'll install the components on its main console in a few days.
Date: 0411817 - 1652 PM
Comment:
Finally the Hardware is complete and as soon as we update and install the Software part of the AI on the ship, It'll be ready for Test flights.
Date: 1711817 - 1433 PM
Comment:
Updated software just came in, we'll install it on the ship, and hopefully, It'll be completely functional in 3D environment.
Date: 2111817 - 2311 PM
Comment:
Finally the software is fully uploaded on Ship console, but we still have some problems with Ship Navigation Softwares and AI Softwares working together.
Date: 2811817 - 0839 AM
Comment:
Finally unit is ready for test flights. We'd designed a test where the ship will need to follow energy signatures on its scanners and find the 'Cake' hidden somewhere in the sector.
Date: 2811817 - 1012 AM
Comment:
We are ready, everything is set, and the test starts in a few minutes.
Date: 2811817 - 1734 PM
Comment:
Wow, I'm speechless ... Now I see how we've ruined the previous project, just because we didn't test to see how the unit can interact with environment! It followed the signatures with perfect accuracy, and even Hailed a few passing patrols! Who can believe it ?
Date: 0212817 - 2349 PM
Comment:
Well, we - Did - give her a 'Cake' afterall, there were a few bugs noted in the last test, which are now fixed.
Date: 0312817 - 0914 AM
Comment:
Another test is designed, this time in Hamburg system, we'll see how it can function in Real situations this time.
Date: 0412817 - 1132 AM
Comment:
Alright, we moved the A3 to Hamburg to test it, this time there is no arranged situations, it just has to Do a quick patrol through the System and return to Recknitz.
Date: 0412817 - 1932 PM
Comment:
Nice! Results are perfect! a few minor errors, but not a big deal, those will be fixed in a few hours. We are returning to Munster now.
Date: 1612817 - 2119 PM
Comment:
I was wrong ... One of the errors - Did - Take a long time to fix. Turned out to be a Hardware malfunction not a software bug, and we found that a bit late! After actually messing up half the software! well, we restored out latest backup which fixed that, and also repaired the component causing the error.
Date: 1812817 - 0734 AM
Comment:
We are going to run a test similar to last test, but this time A3 has to find its way to Hamburg on its own.
Date: 1812817 - 1202 AM
Comment:
Everything is ready , we'll start the test in a few minutes.
Date: 1812817 - 1458 PM
Comment:
We are still in Bremen .... Unit is still 'searching' for Hamburg Jumphole. well, problem is, It's not searching the navmap, its actually flying around the system SEARCHING for the hole itself! I think we should call it back...
Date: 2012817 - 0712 AM
Comment:
We found the problem, the AI's Software was not fully installed on Ship console, so whenever it tried to access the navmap, console 'thought' someone is trying to hack it and would reject the request! Funny how these things work!
Date: 2112817 - 0926 AM
Comment:
The problem is fixed now, and we'll launch another test flight today.
Date: 2112817 - 1134 AM
Comment:
We are in place and everything is ready, we'll be starting the test in a few minutes.
Date: 2112817 - 1201 AM
Comment:
YES! It flied directly toward Hamburg Jumphole and Jumped! We are jumping now.
Date: 2112817 - 1342 PM
Comment:
Its going all well, We are now stationed in Hamburg and checking all the reports Unit is sending during her patrol.
Date: 2112817 - 1937 PM
Comment:
Patrol is over, and unit is returning to Bremen, On its own!
Date: 2112817 - 2204 PM
Comment:
Complete Success! It flied toward Munster, requested permission to dock, flied through airlocks, docked, transmitted "Guten Nacht" to us, and powered down!! I'm starting to think this thing is really thinking on its own now ...!
Date: 2112817 - 2346 PM
Comment:
Well, was a long day! Everyone are packing to leave for new year vacation, I think I should do the same.
Date: 0601818 - 1149 AM
Comment:
Admiral is really satisfied with out new results, he visited us today, and after seeing how this unit works, told us how sorry he was for shutting the project down.
Date: 1901818 - 2354 PM
Comment:
After two hard weeks of work, unit is now completely suited and ready for 'Duty'. We will launch the final tests tomorrow, this time it will go through 4 systems and return to Bremen! If she manages to pass this one, means she is ready to leave for space on its own - Wait a second, why am I calling it a 'She' ?! Gah, I need to get some sleep ...
Date: 2301818 - 0619 AM
Comment:
We had to postpone the test a few days because of the unexpected IonStorms, today is our final test to see how the unit will operate on its own.
Date: 2301818 - 0642 AM
Comment:
Everything is ready, We'll be starting the test in a few minutes.
Date: 2301818 - 0645 AM
Comment:
Just like last time, it is moving toward Hamburg Jumphole, which means its working really good.
Date: 2301818 - 0719 AM
Comment:
Yup! We are in Hamburg now. Unit had started its Patrol and will move toward New Berlin in a short while.
Date: 2301818 - 0924 AM
Comment:
Unit completed its partol in Hamburg, transmitting every situation. It is working pretty good! And we are in New Berlin now, next waypoint is Dresden.
Date: 2301818 - 1036 AM
Comment:
Results are perfect, It is working with 100% Accuracy and moving toward Dresden Gate now.
Date: 2301818 - 1058 AM
Comment:
Everything is going nice and clear, we are in Dresden and unit is moving to the next waypoint, Frankfurt Jumphole.
Date: 2301818 - 1136 AM
Comment:
It had a bit of difficulty when it came to finding the jumphole, because we had just uploaded the sector the jumphole is as a checkpoint, not exact co-ordinance of the hole itself, but it is easily found the hole using its scanners and is now moving toward it.
Date: 2301818 - 1316 PM
Comment:
Everything is going just perfect! Unit finished the patrol through Frankfurt and is now moving to the last checkpoint, Planet New Berlin.
Date: 2301818 - 1428 PM
Comment:
We are back to New Berlin and unit is landed on planet! This means a huge success for our team!
Date: 2301818 - 1832 PM
Comment:
Well, was a long day! after doing a quick checkup on unit on Planet, we are now returning to Munster to pack our things, This project is finished and unit is now completely Operational!
Date: 2401818 - 0019 PM
Comment:
Well, Our job is finished here! I am keeping this document open until we receive final reports about the unit.
Date: 0502818 - 1632 PM
Comment:
The reports just came in today! The unit is completely Operational and will be officially assigned for Patrol duty and Recon missions from tomorrow morning!
Date: 0602818 - 1821 PM
Comment:
Final report came in, Everything is working just fine, and now I am completely satisfied with this project. Our job here is done, Harren Out!
; Closing Document ::
:: Saving to Archive ::
:: Save Complete ::
:: Disconnecting from Database ::