Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To : All Zoners, Priority to the ZA & Doc Holliday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[.. Initializing ..]
[.. Distress Beacon AI online ..]
[.. Loading list ..]
[.. Priority set to : Doc. Holliday ; Zoner Alliance ..]
[.. Secondary : All Zoners ..]

AUTOMATIC BROADCAST FROM NOVERIA AI
SHIP INTEGRITY COMPROMISED
HULL STATUS : 7%
LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEMS OFFLINE
ENGINES OFFLINE
WEAPONRY OFFLINE
LIFE SIGNS : 2 out of 220 registered

Launching last recording...

- Commander ! One more shot from this thing and we're down !
- Evasive manoeuvers ! *activates the ship speakers* EVERYONE ! EVACUATE THE SHIP !
- This thing is as big as a friggin planet commander ! How do you want me to be evasive !
- It's your job ! Just hold on untill-
- Commander we just lost deck 2 3 4 and 5 ! Engines are destroyed ! I can't do ARHHHHH !
- My... You ! Leave the artillery alone ! We need to move !

recording complete.

SENDING INTERSTELLAR COORDINATES : 882APO04PSOE3BLR91-A43U
LOOPING...
[Incoming Transmission]
[Image: rentiera2.jpg]
[Source: Admiral Andre Rentiera]
[Target: Zoner Defense Force Secure Communications Channel]
[Subject: Lost ship]
[Opening Transmission]

This is the Admiral of the Zoner Defense Force speaking.

According to the transmission log, there appears to be a "Noveria" AI on board this ship, as well as 2 life signs, although they might be dead according to the transmission.

"Noveria", we need to know where your ship is, we need specific coordinates that we can understand in order to send in a rescue team, until then, you are on your own.

Ambassador Holliday, I believe the Med Force One may well be needed on this trip. I hope to hear from you so that we can organize a rescue operation as soon as possible.

This is Rentiera, over and out

[Transmission Complete]
On The Bridge of Med.Force.One

"Commander," shouted Ensign Kent, "we have a distress call coming in."
"Put it on screen," ordered Commander Haddock.

Quote:- Commander ! One more shot from this thing and we're down !
- Evasive manoeuvers ! *activates the ship speakers* EVERYONE ! EVACUATE THE SHIP !
- This thing is as big as a friggin planet commander ! How do you want me to be evasive !
- Commander we just lost deck 2 3 4 and 5 ! Engines are destroyed ! I can't do ARHHHHH !

The call ended with no other details.
Ensign Kent shook his head and shut off the screen, "That's all I have, Sir."

Commander Haddock sat in his chair, scratching his chin, wondering where to go from here. He then stood up and began pacing the bridge in thought as his crew watched, wondering what was next. He sighed and turned to his Comm Officer, Ensign Kent,

"Patch me through to Admiral Rentiera and Zoner Alliance Command," he ordered, which the young Ensign did without a word.

*incoming transmission*
Comm: Commander James Haddock
Location: [TAZ]Med.Force.One, orbiting Planet Gran Canaria, Omega 49 System
To: Admiral Andre Rentiera, Zoner Alliance Leaders and Commander of [TAZ]Med.Force.Two

Gentlemen,

I have received this distress call from we aren't sure where. We are re-broadcasting it to you all now:

Quote:- Commander ! One more shot from this thing and we're down !

It is all we have and we have yet to target where it has come from. I have put all Med.Force.One personnel on alert and we are prepared to depart on a moment's notice. We just aren't sure where to head to at this point. We have also set up links to other TAZ ships and bases so that we are easily reached no matter where we are. We are standing by, awaiting what is next.

Commander James Haddock
Commanding Officer, [TAZ]Med.Force.One
*incoming transmission*
Comm: Doctor David Wilson
Location: [TAZ]Med.Force.Two, docked aboard [TAZ]Med.Force.One
To: Commander James Haddock
Cc: Med Force Two personnel on call

Commander Haddock,

The emergency shuttle is being put in code red, effective immediately. With Eris's providence, we will be ready to disengage in five minutes. All technicians have been summoned to coordinate the search with other available vessels, and we will attempt to triangulate the signal. Hopefully, we can reach and evacuate them in time.

Do we have any data on the possible number of survivors?

I'll keep the channel open for further developments.

Doctor David Wilson
Commanding Physician, [TAZ]Med.Force.Two
Incoming Transmission
Subject: The ZUI
Adress: The ZUI Omicron Communication Hub, Freeport 11
Speaker: Honorable Guardian Marvin J. Orphelia

[Image: coolieo.png]

Well this is... odd... It could be a possible trap... A nomad infection, perhaps...

We do not even have a location on this "Ship". Any idea's of what class it is? This is all too familliar, really...
---) Incoming Transmission (---
-) Target: All Involved (-
-) Source: ZoE Ship: Klondike (-
-) Source ID: Eric Goldsteen (-
-) Encryption Level: Extremely High (-
-) Begins (-

[Image: bi3vko.gif]

To Marvin J. Orphelia stop calling yourself Honorable first, the honorable thing to assist to help the gentlemen. If you wish we will bring security forces, but I greatly doubt it will be needed. I also believe if we need a gentleman who prefers to start conflicts over being diplomatic we will call you.

Now to Admiral Andre Rentiera and Doctor David Wilson the ZoE would like to extend our resources to assist if need be. Our security force and our drones can be sent out to help recover the gentlemen from the location his beacon is transmitting. If you wish more support anything we own is at your disposal gentlemen.

Sincerely
[Image: ericgoldsteensig.png]

-) End (-
[.. Initializing ..]
[.. Loading list ..]

[.. SECURITY ALERT : BYPASS DETECTED ..]

HULL STATUS : 1%
ENGINES OFFLINE
WEAPONRY OFFLINE
LIFE SIGNS : 2 out of 220 registered ADDITIONAL UNIDENTIFIED LIFE SIGN DETECTED

- Larry Patty here... Chief Engineer of The Noveria. I finally managed to hack the ship AI, two damn weeks...
Everything went wrong. Everything is still wrong, but I need to be quick before we run out of energy.
We were operating outside of Sirius, we've discovered new systems and even an habitable planet, jungle type. We've been on it and the science team installed a small camp and a satellite. We discovered life and intelligent species, although they are primitive. But something happened, an unknown ship appeared on our scanners, something veeeeeery big, it was organic at first but we saw something that looked like metal on a few sides. Anyway, it started to open fire at us and the jungle started to burn. We managed to evacuate everyone back to The Noveria and tried to escape. But the little guys didn't have only one gun. We managed to exit the atmosphere but we were still being shot at. Just imagine the power they have, our shields absorbed only five shots. FIVE SHOTS !
*sigh*
Two shots later we lost deck 5, 6 and 7 along with the engines. Then we used the experimental "that should not be used before we can test it" hyperspace device, some nomad thing we stole from a... very guarded place at the cost of lives, good thing they were mercenaries.
We used it, it worked, and I calculated our coordinates. I assume we are in the Kepler System, somewhere around B2.

Commander Hectic is still unconcious, this blue glowing butterfly thing we retrieved from the Planet managed to end in this escape pod, don't ask me how. But this morning when I woke up, I've found the Commander stuck against the wall, some kind of plant has started to grow on her, and it's still growing very fast. I can't see anymore her amputated left arm, the plant is hiding it with... roots or something like that. She's still breathing, heartbeat is normal... I noticed that the nails of her right arm are blue, and the butterfly dissapeared. I don't like this at all.

Ah crap, I've been talking too long. There is some serious wrong things going on here, and I'd like assistance ASAP. Energy is at 15% and we only have 40h of air left and... twenty chocolate bars... and five bottles of water.

I guess it's time to talk with the wall again.
SENDING INTERSTELLAR COORDINATES : 5OX04FAG8H38S5UP-HL2JKS
LOOPING DEACTIVATED

// Sorry for the delay, I was very busy irl :<
Near Baffin Jumphole, Tau-29, aboard the [TAZ]Chao's.Eyes

"Captain, we are ready to jump to Baffin. All systems green. Standing by your orders sir."

"Ah, Bannon, ready all scanners for any ships trying to pass through our home system. We've been told by the E-prime to password protect it."

"Aye Captain"

Suddenly a distress message was heard.

Quote:AUTOMATIC BROADCAST FROM NOVERIA AI
HULL STATUS : 1%
ENGINES OFFLINE
WEAPONRY OFFLINE
LIFE SIGNS : 2 out of 220 registered ADDITIONAL UNIDENTIFIED LIFE SIGN DETECTED

- Larry Patty here... Chief Engineer of The Noveria. I finally managed to hack the ship AI, two damn weeks...
Everything went wrong. Everything is still wrong, but I need to be quick before we run out of energy.
We were operating outside of Sirius, we've discovered new systems and even an habitable planet, jungle type. We've been on it and the science team installed a small camp and a satellite. We discovered life and intelligent species, although they are primitive. But something happened, an unknown ship appeared on our scanners, something veeeeeery big, it was organic at first but we saw something that looked like metal on a few sides. Anyway, it started to open fire at us and the jungle started to burn. We managed to evacuate everyone back to The Noveria and tried to escape. But the little guys didn't have only one gun. We managed to exit the atmosphere but we were still being shot at. Just imagine the power they have, our shields absorbed only five shots. FIVE SHOTS !
*sigh*
Two shots later we lost deck 5, 6 and 7 along with the engines. Then we used the experimental "that should not be used before we can test it" hyperspace device, some nomad thing we stole from a... very guarded place at the cost of lives, good thing they were mercenaries.
We used it, it worked, and I calculated our coordinates. I assume we are in the Kepler System, somewhere around B2.

Commander Hectic is still unconcious, this blue glowing butterfly thing we retrieved from the Planet managed to end in this escape pod, don't ask me how. But this morning when I woke up, I've found the Commander stuck against the wall, some kind of plant has started to grow on her, and it's still growing very fast. I can't see anymore her amputated left arm, the plant is hiding it with... roots or something like that. She's still breathing, heartbeat is normal... I noticed that the nails of her right arm are blue, and the butterfly dissapeared. I don't like this at all.

Ah crap, I've been talking too long. There is some serious wrong things going on here, and I'd like assistance ASAP. Energy is at 15% and we only have 40h of air left and... twenty chocolate bars... and five bottles of water.

I guess it's time to talk with the wall again.

"Hold that jump sequence! There's something going there aboard that ship. Bannon, call Doctor Carlisle."

"What going on Captain?"

"Doctor Carlisle, there's something you might want to see. If you would, please assess the situation onboard that ship."

"It appears that the specimen they took from the Planet was not well contained. I would suggest to Mr Patty that he stay away as much as possible to the plant. It may be contagious. And judging from the descriptions given by Mr Patty, the ship they encountered has some sort of description of a Nomad ship but I can't be sure."

"Bannon, how many hours before we reach Kepler?"

"24hrs max sir but if we hurry we can reach them in 18 hrs."

"That leaves them abou-"

"16 hrs! We've better hurry Captain."

"Alright Doctor. See if you can extract more data about this ship and its history."

"Right Sir."

"Bannon, put all crew on standby. Set scanner to Maximum range. Activate Cruise Engines! Do we have enough provisions for the trip and the survivors?"

"Enough to last for decades."

"Right, I hope they're still alive by the time we get there. Um Doctor Carlisle, we might need some protection against those specimen they brought..... Any chance you've encountered them?"

"Let me check. I think I have but I'll have to see for myself."

"Just in case we need to board the ship. Ready our bio suits,chemical equipment and arrange a boarding party."
"There it is again, Sir," announced Ensign Kent to his Commander as he tried to triangulate the signal.
"There is what again?" asked Commander Haddock of his communications officer as he rose from his chair and stood by the com station.

"The Noveria, Sir," explained Kent, "a distress call, much like what we got and lost a few days back."
Haddock shook his head, "The last distress call we persued turned into a wild goose chase. I'm not biting."
"Sir," added Kent, "he's broadcasting from Kepler."

Haddock took a couple of steps from the com in thought. He didn't want to chase again but he couldn't do nothing. Of course, being that he was at Freeport 11 and he wasn't about to fly into Kepler, he began to think of something else.

He then turned and waved his finger, "Charles, relay this message to the Ambassador's.Ark. They're a lot closer and have a medical facility on board."
"Yes, Sir," replied the Ensign as Haddock returned to his seat.

Kent began his transmission. "[TAZ]Ambassador's.Ark, this is Ensign Charles Kent of Med.Force.One. Do you copy?"
After a brief delay, a voice came through, "Med.Force.One, this is Sub-Commander Alicia Cook, we read you. How may we help you today?"

The transmission was relayed to "The Ark" as they spoke, "We received this distress call but unfortunately, we cannot assist from out here. Perhaps you could investigate this in the Kepler system?"
"Interesting," replied Cook, "if we can't, I know of a few people here in Baffin that will. We will keep you posted."
"Thank you, Commander," smiled Ensign Kent, "Med.Force.One out."

For the crew of the Ambassador's Ark, they knew they were a lightly armed diplomatic ship but they couldn't sit idly by. They could bring in people with medical needs but weren't equipped for a fight. Other ships were just the opposite, ready for a fight but not for medical.
"Hopefully there is help out there," sighed Alicia Cook, "Engineering, prepare for departure."
[.. Initializing ..]
[.. Loading list ..]

[.. SECURITY ALERT : BYPASS DETECTED ..]

[.. Retrieving feed from online security cameras ..]
[.. Two found ..]

TWO ATTACHMENTS ADDED TO TRANSMISSION

ATTACHMENT1 : BRIDGESEC1.JPGX
ATTACHMENT2 : BRIDGESEC5.JPGX