Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Twisted Fate of a Pirate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
date: 811A.S.
Subject name: J Steele
subject's current location: Ibiza Base, Omicron Alpha
Subject's Age: 13

a beautiful day on my home planet, when i was born, Malta. but i never was lucky enough to see the
weather from my eyes. feel the breeze on my face, the cool water in the river. my parents, sent me
to the ibiza base as soon as i was 6, and since then. i have been looked after by my godfather.
he may not be much now, seeing that hes 85, but he does love me more passionately than my parents ever
did. for them it was always patrick this patrick that. i can say, without a moments hesitation, that
commander stuart, my godfather has been my real parent, and those two on the planet, were two people
with an adopted son. me. no worries. at least i get training to be in one of the best outcast squadrons to patrol and keep the
system safe. since then, and even now, i recieve training to pilot a variety of outcast ships.
i am now a proud owner of a stiletto, and second in command in the Death Squad Alpha.

date: 815A.S.
Subject name: Lt. Steele
subject's current location: PLanet Malta, Omicron Alpha
Subject's Age: 17

I have returned to malta to enjoy a visit to my real family, but i didnt not even think of the outcome.
the visit was a surprise and i had got gifts for them collected during my travels with my squad. these were rare items,
which were really hard to come across. i walked down the corridor to reach the door leading to their house. i knocked
on the door, waiting for someone to open it. the door opened. but it was noone who i had expected.
i was offered to come in.there was my family, huddled on a sofa looking absolutely confused.
well, who wouldnt be if a civilian house gets raided by the imperial outcast guard. noone has ever seen them
and those who do see them, do not return to tell the tale of it...i sat down. and waited. 5 minutes later:

"and what reason do you have to return to this Planet? our home Planet Malta?" the leader said, with his deep voice.

" Reason? so now i have to give a reason to return to the planet to visit my folks? what kind of
a sick joke is this!!" i said, with a hint of unsuppressable anger.

"Ha. just as we were informed. Well, i have only one thing to say to you. you will pack all you possesions you have
in this house, even though you wont have much. you will leave those 'gifts' as you call them, here, for us to examine first
if they are clean your family can have them. if not, they will be executed along side you. you have 30 seconds to comply."
he said in his calm yet commanding voice

" this is outrageous! what is going on here! i demand an answer!! NOW!" i shouted. i had too much anger flowing through me preventing
me from thinking properly. all i felt was to exterminate all of these new people with the plasma auto-pistol every squad-pilot carries.

" outrageous you say eh? well can you explain why you never seem to have any cardamine on you? do you remember we outcasts cannot live without
a steady supply of cardamine. all you life. you have been like this. and since your recon trip to Omicron Gamma, you have not travelled anywhere
except atrol around ibiza base. all you comrades have been as far as Bretonia and Rhineland."

" that is my choice if i want to stay here or go on recon missions. and anyway, since when does a lieutenant have to accompany his squad EVERYWHERE?
i do have other things to do as well. and about-"

" other things like preparing a catastrophic nuclear ICBM strike on different targets all over malta?"

" nuclear strikes on malta? me? HAVE YOU COMPLETELY LOST YOUR MIND? I SERVE THE OUTCASTS AND OUTCASTS ALONE!!"

"all the same, you have a very small fighting experience rap sheet. it tells other wise. and a source has informed us of your plans.
why do you think you were transferred to the Ibiza base? so that you could not learn what you needed to know for you plan."

" tell me," anger seething through me " where did you even get an idea like this?"

" that doesnt matter. you have 5 minutes to take your possesions, and leave the planet. or you will be publicly executed." he spoke, as calm as ever.

i left. without so much of a goodbye to my family. i had so much anger within me, i stormed out to my ship. and returned to Ibiza.all i had come
to do was celebrate my birthday...

Subject's Age: 18

i had just landed on the bay of Ibiza. i hadnt even come out of the ship's cockpit when a few outcast pilots shouted insults at me
and called me a traitor to the outcast life. i ignored them and walkked on to my cabin. somehow, the corridors had never been more full
as they had been that day. and as i walked through every door, i heard more and more insults.
i held all my anger, my grief and my pain inside me, not showing a slightest sign of weakness to the people. but as soon as i walked throught
the door into my cabin, i locked myself in and had tears rolling down my cheeks.
those insults and comments had stopped outside, but they had been stuck inside my head...
i heard a knock on my door. i ignored it. after a few seconds i hear another knock on the door and a voice to accompany the knocking.

" open the door lieutenant. i want to have a word with you" said Stuart.

" word? or do you want to ridicule me about this.. this LIE about me as well?" i shouted through the door.

" like i said. i want to have a word with you. do not forget you are still enlisted here in the Death Squad, so i would like you to show
more respect than you are doing right now." he said.

" respect? after all this, I HAVE NO RESPECT!!! DONT YOU SEE WHATS HAPPENING AROUND YOU?"

" i do. thats why, let me in." he said once more, as calm as ever.

after a minute or of silence, i opened the door. there he was. standing in his uniform. looking simply splendid.

"right first things first. i do not believe a single word of what is going on about you. you have lived with me all your life and i know, after everything i taught you,
you will not do something this stupid. now. about your family, they will be fine. i have 'spoken' to the imperial guard-

"wait a minute. spoken?"

"- bribed them. now do not interrupt me. now. they have quieted about all this nonsense. buti think it is time for you to leave alpha."

"leave alpha? my home? my BIRTHPLACE?? ARE YOU CRAZY? you know outcasts cannot survive without a steady dose of cardamine. bloody high when we were born, high when we die.
its our way of life, even if we wanted to leave it we cant.i- " i rambled on

he slapped me.

" SHUT UP. and listen now. you are unique my son. why? because you unlike the rest of us are not affected by the vile effects of cardamine.
ever since you were born, you were taken care of by me. i didnt want cardamine to affect you the way it did me and my family.
i took you to the Omicron delta, under the care of the Zoners, with me to keep a constant watch on you and your development
when you were 7, do you remember that long journey we took? that was the journey back home.
i never let you on malta because at that young age, the cardamine could still have affected you. so i kept you here. trained you.
now you pilot and command one of the finest squadrons i have ever seen. come. take a walk with me."

i had stopped crying, but i still felt miserable. strangely enough, as we walked along the corridor, i noticed all those people had vanished as
fast as they had come to insult me.

"where are you taking me?" i asked

" its your birthday. dont you want to see your birthday gift from me and the squad?" he answered

" but, i thought they hated me after all this.." i said confused.

"no no. your squadron held by you. they challenged anyone and everyone who had a go at you in front of them
you have had them convinced. they are willing to die for your cause" he said proudly.

"but, i dont want anyone dying for me. anyone giving their life for me, i will not accept that." i said weakly.

"we will see. right now, we are going to show you what you have earned."

we walked through the equipment room to the ship hanger. i saw that a curtain had been drawn up over half of the hanger.

"now, you pull this" he said, handing over a piece of rope to me.

i looked hesitantly from the rope to Stuar, and shut my eyes. then i pulled the rope and opened my eyes.

all i saw was my family and my squadron. all i heard was a deafening SURPRISE!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY Lt Steele!!!!
it was then i realised that red thing behind them. i ignored and walked down to the causeway.
my father, came up to me and said:

"son, we never hated you. all those things we did, was on instructions to save you from a evil future,like ours is
we saw you were different when you were born. we just wanted the best for you. i didnt think it could have gone
this bad... forgive me"

" dad. its good to have you guys back" i said

Subject's Age: 18

this is my final log on Ibiza and Malta.

next morning i woke up early. earlier than everyone. the only people awake were the guards in the ship hanger.
i went to Stuart's cabin and knocked on the door.

"come in" he said.
i opened the door and went inside.

"how come you havent slept?" i asked.

"too busy planning stuff for you to do within the next 2 weeks. forget all this. i wanted to show you something
the gift we couldnt show you yesterday."

so we walked down to the hanger, to the red object hidden behind the curtain.

"this is what we decided to give you as part of your services to us, and for being an exceptional leader.
there are things i havent told you yet because you having a good time on your birthday meant alot to me.but before
i tell you anything, pull this second rope."

i pulled it and lo and behold. an outcast destroyer was sitting infront of me, in all its magnificence. i was completely awestruck.

"like it? thought you might. i have taken the liberty of fitting it with guns and a good thruster for combat and fligt purposes.
its fairly agile so...remember that search and destroy mission two months ago? it wanst a sarch and destroy. it was a raiding party
raiding a liberty transport convoy carrying liberty cruiser turrets, thrusters and loads of light arms. we destroyed everything except one fighter,
which tractored in most of the passengers, and flew off. we instructed the pilot to say they got ambushed by a corsair squad of gb and fighters
he complied. So. how do you like it?"

"its absolutely amazing" i said awestruck.

" right well then back to my office." he said.

we walked back to his office and when we were inside, he shut the door and locked it. he took a seat behind his desk and said

" one of the imperial guard over heard the me and the other about the bribe. he reported to the imperial office yesterday. they
executed the bribed imperial guard and the soldiers that were present to witness and have a share in the bribe. they, before dying told
the office that you were on the planet, not here so you have about 6 hours time to escape their jaws. i must remind you if you get causht, you alongside
everyone on this base will be executed publicly, unless you leave here before anything happens. you cannot remain an outcast. and one more thing.
this 'rumour' about your supposed ICBM strikes on malta have come from a high level outcast senator"

those last words hit me like a pack of bricks..

"alright. but before i go, whats going to become of you and the squadron?" i asked

"dont you worry about us. we will be fine once we know your safe. you need to leave now" he said, a hint of impatience in his voice.

"i...i cant just leave-"

"yes you can. if you love me then you can. as long as you are ok nothing can happen to us. now go"he beckoned.

"but i cant pilot such a big ship alone..."

"thats why officers brown and smith are accompanying you. they are part of your crew and they are on the ship waiting to leave" he said.

"i wont forget you. you have been like... no. you have been a father for me for most of my life" i said.

and thus with a final farewell i ran to the ship.

"good morning commander Steele. we are ready for departure" said officer Smith.

" good morning, you are not officer you are now lieutenant, alongside Lt brown. are we ready to launch? lets go. i want a striaght course
to liberty space" i ordered.

"liberty... sir do you remember we are outcasts and not lawfuls?" questioned Brown.

"yes i am fully aware. carry on a straight course to the new york system. i replied.

(More to come soon)