Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Mining trader?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just need a little clarification. Can a player with a Miner ID trade, and vice versa can a player with a Trader ID mine?
Yes.

Though a Miner ID'd Trader would be stupid as hell...
other way round.

A trader ID'd miner would have a very difficult time mining. The Trader ID(s) don't get a mining bonus, so filling anything sizable would be difficult at best.

A miner-ID'd trader, however, is fine. If you have a friend in a Hegemon, you can put yourself in a transport and fly the ore, still identifying yourself as a miner.
But generally
trading ships =/= mining ships so no bonus
' Wrote:A trader ID'd miner would have a very difficult time mining. The Trader ID(s) don't get a mining bonus, so filling anything sizable would be difficult at best.

My Helium mining Stork says otherwise!:D

I have to try that sometime...
Rule-wise, yes. Because the process of selling ore itself is called trading.
' Wrote:My Helium mining Stork says otherwise!:D

Helium is not one of the main mining commodities, so wont get a huge bonus with Miner ID and Mining Ship, even starflies get +20 drops from Helium fields.
Try mining Niobium in Taus with that same Stork;)

About IDs,
Rules-wise, Any ID can Mine, But wont get the Mining Bonus, so mining with a Interspace ID is a bit stupid! (Check the Mining Guide to see which ID has what Bonus)
And you can Trade with Miner ID, which many use for their Ore Hauler chars.

RP-wise, A Trader should buy the Mined commodity off a Miner and just Move it to a base, not sitting there, shooting rocks himself. Same goes for any other ID that is not related to a Mining Faction.
And Miners wont move their ore to 5 systems away themselves, They just sit there and mine all day, and sell the ore to Traders, but, Traders in Mining Groups and Factions are related to Miners, so it wont be something unusual if they have a Mining ID.