Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Small shipping idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got a ship's log going right now and I'm considering switching up to a Gull or Armoured Transport from my Camara. I don't want to just buy a new ship and write over it, nor do I want to have it just sat on a planet somewhere, where I wont use it. Which is where my idea comes into play - I 'hire' someone to fly it for me.

Basically, I'd send them the Camara, they'd keep the name on it, but the captain will have changed ship. I will then make a new character in a Gull. Right, so now we've two ships with a Gryphon related name. We'll keep doing our own respective thing, with maybe a thread we could both keep tabs on what we're doing. InRP I'd be getting half of their takings, but in reality, they'd be keeping all of it.

When I upgrade again from the Gull, I'll buy the new ship, and then send the old one to them. They'd then send the Camara back to me, and I'd look for someone else to give it to. See where this is going? It'd be a long chain of trade ships, until eventually, I start upgrading ships (or just giving people permission to upgrade).

So really, just like a heavily regulated trade faction. Slightly selfish really, seeing as it's just because I want to see all my ships flying about at the same time. Basically, look at this page, and align the list by cost, and I'll be buying all the generic ones.

If people like the idea of this ship sharing scheme, I'll actually write something out. But this wouldn't be a normal faction per-se, where I try to recruit as many people as I can get - it'd be a slowly expanding shipping venture. For starters, we wouldn't have the infrastructure to get overly big. I'd probably write up shipping logs, to represent ship expenditures, and the costs of me paying crews to see whether or not the combine is turning a profit. I wouldn't expect that from other people, but they'd be free to help.
So, thoughts and feelings?
And yes, I know this isn't anything exciting like space ninjas, or badger pirates, but I'd still appreciate feedback.