Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Illumination
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(This is, just so you know, the story i'm putting behind a little something i'm doing for DarkStar at the moment. Reply if you want, but keep in mind that there may be some more chapters after this)

Julius Kane, A.K.A DarkStar, made a slight gesture with his hand, and the system map in front of him pulled away. Floating suspended in the Life Support moduel of his ship, he watched as the strange, dagger-like pillers of black rock loomed up out of the purple cloud. The blue glow of his ship didn't do anything to offset the purple light that filtered in all around him. He sighed contentedly. I love this place. So dark, mysterious, it's such a wonder! And with a good home not far away, there's always time to hit and run. Speaking of home... He dropped a nav marker on Buffalo Base, and let the simple brain of his personal Nomad Fighter carry him there. He then lay back and relaxed, floating gently in the life-sustaining liquid that filled the capsule.

*AT LAST. ONE WE CAN TALK TO* The mental words resounded throughout Julius' skull. His eye's snapped open, and he looked about for hostile ships. His own sensors showed nothing, even on the long range scanners.
"He- Hello?"
*YOU ARE THE ONE WE MUST TALK WITH. COME TO OMICRON THETA. WE SHALL TELL YOU MORE.*
"Who are you!?" *COME TO OMICRON THETA...* The last echo's receaded from his mind, and Julius suddenly felt a presence leave the area. Whatever that was, it was now expecting him in Theta.

"I must be out of my f*cking mind..." He canceled his cruise drives, and the nav marker, and placed a new one that would take him to Omicron Theta. "All right, let's see what this mystery thing wants." The nomad ship pivoted and started to head on a new course; To Omicron Theta.

(*THIS STORY IS TO BE CONTINUED. DO NOT WORRY YOUR COLLECTIVE SELVES OVER THIS MATTER, SMALL MORTAL HUMANS.*)
It was quite a trip out to the Omicron systems from New York. Long and harsh, considering the lack of availible jump holes. However, it was done and now Julius found himself sitting on Freeport 9, waiting out a group of Bounty Hunters. They had appered on long range scanners, and Julius was not in the mood for a running battle with Bounty Hunter scum-bags. He was sitting at the bar, quietly nursing his Sidewinder Fang, when the Bounty Hunters walked into said bar. ****! Julius downed the rest of the drink, and made a descrete exit out the other side of the bar. Unfortunetly, one of the Bounty Hunters spotted him.
"There he is!"
Why is it I can never get a clean get-away from a station? The Bounty Hunters were buisy contemplating just how much they would get from Julius, and safe knowing there was 5 of them, and only one of him. What they didn't account for was Julius' reflexes. He reached behind him and pulled out two blaster pistols, custom modified with Nomad Technology. Side vents glowed blue, and he fired off a couple of shots before turning and runing. One bolt slammed into a Bounty Hunter's cheast, lifting him in the air and tossing him away like a rag-doll. Another Bounty Hunter suddenly saw a bright flash of blue, and was missing his face. He twiched and shuddered, long dead even before he hit the ground. The other Bounty Hunters took cover and pulled out their own blasters.

Fortunetly for Julius, he was already running, fireing over his shoulder. He made it all the way to the dock, and saw his ship. That's when the sixth bounty hunter drifted his ship over to the berth for Julius' ship.
"OH ****!" He dove behind an equipment rack, and the Bounty Hunter opened fire... On Julius' ship. Then the other 3 Bounty Hunters entered, took cover, and began to fire on Julius' position.
This just isn't my day, is it? The airlock alarm sounded, and the doors hissed open. Julius was too buisy cowering to notice the ship that entered. It was like some kind of manta-ray, with a potrusion on the top like that of an Angler fish. Thes ship swiveled in place and let loose a torrent of energy into the Bounty Hunter's ship. It exploded into fragments, scattering peices of ship and equipment hither and yon. Then the newcommer wallked his destructive fire accross the bounty hunters on the ground, frying them instantly. It moved forward and hovered over Julius. Then there was a flash, then darkness. *DO NOT WORRY, MORTAL HUMAN. YOU ARE SAFE NOW.* Julius could still see nothing, but heard some strange sound, possibly a reactor, increase in volume, and knew that he was being taken off of Freeport 9. Then he got dizzy.
I'll have to reimburse the Zoners for the damages and bodies I left... Was his last thought before he drifted into unconsious.

Lights snapped on, and a strange alien being hovered into veiw.
*Yes, mortal human. Sleep, rest. Let us speak with you directly. Let us speak with your mind.* Behind the alien, machinery whirred to life, and a variety of probes, scalpels, and strange alien medical equipment slid into view. Julius floated in mid-air, suspended by gravity fields, and the alien lifted one tenticle and grasped one of the scalpels.
*Let us talk with you, without words or pictures. Let us... Enlighten you...*

(Das Ende... F?r jetzt) (The end... for now)
Julius awoke about halfway through the operation. His sleep had been filled with visions, burning worlds, fields of orbiting debreis, death, destruction, the end of the Human Race. It wasn't painful, just odd.
"What are you doing?" Julius asked. He felt the alien doing something with his brain, directly.
*We are... enlightening you.*
"What... what does that mean?" Julius wonderd slightly if he should be afraid. He wasn't, yet he thought he should be.
*We are opeing your mind to our ways.*
Julius vaugly wondered if he should resist the Masters... Masters? Where did that come from? His confusion only increased.
*Do not worry... Go back to sleep.*
His eyelids began to close, and his mind turned to fuzz. I wonder who i'm working for now? Was his last thought before darkness closed in on him again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julius groand, and sat up slowly. He found himself on the bridge of a Hugenot Cruiser, moored to Planet Malta. A light blinked on the command console.
-This is your ship, enlightened one. You will serve us now, and you will be our will in this sector. Gather a crew, outfit your ship, and then you will be given a mission.-
DarkStar gave a sly grin. For some reason, it was good to be serving again.
"Gather a crew, outfit my ship, await further orders... I can do that. I've sure as hell had worse orders." Sirus awaited, and the Masters had plans for it.

(Eh, a cheazy ending, I know; I wanted to at least finish this off. Yes, you can now post your responces.)
Nice story Kane.Bet it took a long time to do:P:yahoo:
Well, its a year old...
Yea. Still, he is the best writer here in Discovery. It almost looks like the job of a pro writer.
"Almost" looks like?

Pray tell, just what do I need to improve on? (Realy, I would like to know)
Whoa grave Digging Much? W/e I don't care story rocked Kane!

Kepp it Up!
Verginix Out
See? See? I told you that the characters Kane and DarkStar were the same guy! Julius Kane becomes DarkStar, and Kane is also the name of Kane's trader!
I do have to admit you are a very good writer and story teller.:D

I also think its kinda weird that you and bestflyer have the same trader name.:crazy:
Pages: 1 2