Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Kusari Ravaged! Police Flee In Terror!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Tokyo Takeover
27 Aug 07

Quote:Long awaited by pirates across the galaxy, a day of reckoning has finally arrived for those abhorrations of nature, the Kusari dogs. Against all odds, a small team of pirates consisting of pilots representing the Outcasts, Molly's, and Liberty Rogues invaded, desecrated, and conquered the heart and gem of Kusari space: Planet New Tokyo.

The pirates' reported mission was to send a "...disillusioning message to the hapless children of the Emperor," that pirates throughout Sirius would no longer tolerate the abuse routinely inflicted upon them by Kusari forces. An Outcast spokesman made the following comment: "...the free Peoples of Sirius will not subjugate themselves to the tyrannical oppressions of Kusari's so-called 'Emperor' any longer. We reject and denounce his authority over any systems beyond the limits of Kusari space, especially with regard to the Tau, Sigma, and the Omicron sectors, where [KNF], and all other Kusari-based organizations, have no jurisdiction whatsoever. We further mandate that all free, non-citizen persons within Kusari space shall be allowed the same privacy expected and received within the Border Worlds, specifically regarding the scanning of private cargo without sufficient probable cause."

Teams
Pirates
  • UOG-Imperion K.I.A.
  • TR|AD-Elrond (The Left Bower)
  • A Liberty Rogues Representative
Kusari Navy
  • KNF-Collin Haigatu K.I.A.
  • KNF-Kurashiki K.I.A.
  • KNF-Mariko K.I.A.
  • KNF-Yomigae K.I.A.
  • KNF-Youma Tama K.I.A.
The Fight (as seen by TR|AD-Elrond)

Initial engagement: Even though I'm the invader, Collin Haigatu still manages to catch me off-guard - first blood! I'm half dead before I can even pick his name out of the list of hostile AI, he's *that* quick. Well played, Collin.
[Image: engagecollin.png]

Unfortunately for Collin, I am only a scout. After all, what pirate would fight an even match? A big AI Kusari battleship flies in, so I play ring-around-the-rosy with Collins around it, and mostly just try to stay out of his line of sight until the rest of my team arrives.
[Image: teamup.png]

Naturally, with so many RP'ers in one spot, a little trash talking takes place.
[Image: trashtalk.png]

Collin's idea of "making it interesting" is to try and even the odds. He calls in Youma Tama for some reenforcement. Our team decides to split up; I keep Collin engaged, while Imperion takes on Youma. The final shot came from the meddlesome AI, but Imperion did most of the work.
[Image: youmatamadeath.png]

So now it's 3vs1, and this fight is just about over...so we think. A couple traders show up, mostly on the diamond run, but hey, we're trying to make a statement here, AND we're also feeling pretty macho, so we split up and chase them off (I'm still fighting Collin). Everything is going pretty well...
[Image: drake.jpg]

...And then Kusari's cavalry arrives. Yomigae and Mariko make their appearances in Kusari fighters, and right behind them, Kurashiki sails in on a large and rather nasty-looking gunboat. 4vs3 is hardly the kind of fight a pirate wants a piece of, especially with Kurashiki's howitzer, and we consider jetting. Unfortunately for them, KNF has inadvertently placed us in what Sun Tsu calls "Desperate Ground." If we run, there are enough of them that they'll catch us with wasps and take us out for sure, and of course surrender is completely out of the question. We do the only thing there is to do - we keep fighting. Collins gets top priority, as he seems to be the best shot and the most beat up.
[Image: crossfire.png]
[Image: justbeforecollindeath.png]

Several minutes later, the moment we've all been waiting for arrives. Collins is a hell of a fighter, especially when it comes to evasive action, but he can't take on three people at once forever. Well played, to the very end, mate. <S>
[Image: collindeath.png]

The fighting continues. I eventually nail Mariko.
[Image: marikodeath.png]

At this point, Imperion's been their primary target for most of the battle, and now he's really starting to hurt. I'm doing my best at trying to attract Yomigae's attention, but Yomigae won't be sidetracked; a few minutes later, Imperion takes one for the team in a glorious blaze of particle beams and jet flames at his hands.
[Image: imperiondeath.png]

It's down to just myself and the Rogues representative, now. Imperion's evasion tactics had offered me several great openings on Yomigae already; when the KNF pilot finally turned to face me, he was already well scarred. I avenged Imperion quickly.
[Image: yomigaedeath.png]

For probably the last 5 minutes, I've almost completely forgotten about Kurashiki's artillery, which is now more than 5k away. As it turns out, our Rogue representative has been engaging him practically since he appeared, and... well, it looks like he might actually be winning. Just to make sure, though, I activate my Outcast-crafted, 7-million-credit Inferno cannon, and jump into the fray.
[Image: justbeforekurashikideath.png]

Rogue got the well-deserved honor of the final shot.
[Image: kurashikideath.png]

I'm in a pretty good mood now, having just won a drawn-out 3v5 match...I kinda feel up for a little terrorism:).
[Image: loot1.png]

THAT'S more like it! I pat myself on the back for a job well done.
[Image: hatred.png]

So just you remember now, Kusarians, what happens when you meddle in places you aren't welcome, and when you start cargo-checking pedestrians that never caused you any trouble. Just you remember what happened to your countrymen outside Planet New Tokyo today.

(Out of Character: great role play all around, guys - this was my first encounter on this server, and i gotta say i loved every minute of it. both sides fought well, and there was no bad sportsmanship on either side that i saw, the entire time - no "noob" calling, or personal insults...nothing. thanks for the great match!)