Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Journey of Revival
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Part 1 : The Revival

The cold began to leave him as the pod began to reawaken him. His eyes began to open and he saw blurred images through the canopy. The display was damaged and there were cracks in many places on the pod canopy. Realisation hit him as his memory began to return. The pods' motors were screeching in pain as the canopy refused to move. Grabbing the handle grasped in his right hand he pulled. Sending the canopy shooting forwards. He pulled the oxygen mask off his face. Vision still blurry he grasped for the side of the pod. Hearing people saying words he could not understand. Mind still fogged by the cryogenics process. Finally getting a handhold with his numb hands he began to push himself out of the pod. Shaking uncontrollably due to the immense cold he had just been liberated from. As he attempted to stand he blacked out, falling back into the pod... He knew no more.

Beep... Beep

The harsh light from the ceiling attacked his eyes as they slowly adjusted...

Beep... Beep

He began to listen to what the people were saying, he could not see them, they were out of his line of sight.

Beep... Beep

"Could be the scientific discovery of our time..."

Beep... Beep

"Or he could not be, either way he is a patient at this facility till i say so, Captain"

Beep... Beep

"Dating on the pod indicates it is at least a Milena old, this could be what we were looking for!"

Beep... Beep

"Either way I cannot permit him to leave this room until i am sure he is fit to do so..."

Beep... Beep Beep... Beep

"As you wish doctor, but as soon as he is fit, you must let me know."

Beep... Beep

Footsteps sound upon the deck as someone left the room. He tilted his head, and saw the person that could be concluded as the doctor of the vessel. Clearly a lass he thought as he looked through his slowly adapting eyes at the doctor. He moved slightly further up the bed. Still quite weak, he began to take a further look at his surroundings. Clearly a large vessel. The room had six beds of which he could see. Filled with diagnostic equipment. Up on a large monitor on the wall was what he thought was his test results. He instinctively sat up at the sight of these and the wire which was monitoring his vitals shot off from around his arm.

BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

Curse the gods He thought as he turned around to look at the doctor. Younger than he anticipated, she looked as if she had no idea what to do with this unexpected patient. Taking advantage of this he got up off of the bed and walked slowly to the chair where the majority of his gear was. He picked up the gear and began sifting through it. He threw the majority of the clothing aside but held onto a small computer device and a communication device.

The doctor, who seemed to have recovered from the initial shock moved towards him, at which point he surveyed her expression. One thing was clear, fear. He caught a glimpse of himself in a mirror and wheeled around to look again. His skin was a ghostly white, his blue eyes shone against his placid complexion. His face was thin, the look of a man who had lost a lot of weight in a short ammount of time, bones visible in his face. His short cut black hair in vast contrast to his skin.

He turned around to find the room deserted, he felt something cold against his chest. He reached under the clothes he was wearing to retrieve it. It read:

Lieutenant Thomas Meek
Marine Pilot
1st Gemini Platoon
Fighter Craft, Eros 9871
DoB: (Removed by what looked like wear)
Service No: 987-71-1-MC

Meek sat down on the bed again, thinking. This definitely ain't any design I am aware of, two options, either these are my people and I have been frozen over how long I should of been, or this is an Earth or otherwise vessel. In which case I could be screwed. Either way I need to shift meself fast as possible. He was brought out of his stupor by the sound of footsteps approaching. He reached for his equipment, knowing likely these folks would have been smart enough not to place his weapon in here. But still it seemed foolish not to check. "Great," he whispered voice croaking. "These people ain't as stupid as I had hoped." As the footsteps drew closer he reacted on instinct and hid behind the back of the door. He heard the 'Captain's' voice once again. "Awake already? Remarkable, he has only been out for twelve hours." As they walked through the door he held his breath. But as they walked through the door his stregnth began to fail and he sunk silently to the floor. He heard several distant sounds before he heard no more once again.

To Be Continued