Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Captain's Log
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Incoming Transmission:
Com ID: Axel Meyer
Subject: Captains Log

Today is a good day. No more days of flying around in those cramped Heimdalls. Today my request for the command of a Vidar class cruiser has been approved. Finally I am receiving recognition for my years of service to the Hessian cause. With this ship I will forge a new legacy for my descendents.

Fortunately the core of my staff from my pervious command came with me. Chief among them my first officer CDR Gross. In the years Gross has served with me Ive come to rely heavily on his judgment in combat. Weapons Officer LT. CDR Fiedler, Navigator LT. Adler, and Chief Engineer LT. CDR Kessler also were transferred to my satisfaction.

As with all new ships there are problems. The port sensor receptor isnt calibrated correctly, gun mounts three, five, and eleven arent cooling properly, the rear shield emitters flick off for no reason, and the cruise engines take longer than they should to charge. But even with all her problems Ive already fallen in love with my Vidar.

But what shall I name this magnificent cruiser? Something to strike fear into the hearts of my enemies. Something to bring courage to my allies. After giving the matter much thought I decided to name her the Ragnarok for she will bring great destruction to her enemies where ever they may be.

Axel Meyer Signing Off

Ending Transmission:
Incoming Transmission:
Com ID: Axel Meyer
Subject: Captains Log

After what seems like ages the Ragnarok is space worthy. I swear if those engineers at Wolfsburg Shipyard had it their way my cruiser would have stayed there until the universe ended. If took me over two million credits in bribes to get her finished and even then it took over two months more the original completion date.

Earlier today I was issued my first orders for the Ragnarok. We are to patrol the Omega-54 system for intruders. Well its not the most exciting assignment but it will give me a chance to get a feel for the girl. The Ragnarok is over twice as big and has three times the crew as my last command. It will take some getting used to but I look forward to the challenge.

CDR Gross is proving once again to be a great asset. Before I even set foot aboard the Ragnarok he already had files all the new crew members ready for my inspection. He had also already looked over the entire ship with Chief Engineer LT. CDR Kessler for any problems the Wolfsburg engineers may have missed.

The only thing the Ragnarok needs now is her first combat encounter. I can only hope it wont be too long in coming.

Axel Meyer Signing Off

Ending Transmission: