Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A fond ello!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Greetings fellow captains! Just wanted to drop by the forums and introduce myself. I've been playing Freelancer since it came out ohh so many years ago. I then got turned onto the Discovery Mod through a friend. I'll add that I really like what the Discovery dev team has done. Really a bang up job!

I'm 33 and an avid gamer. I have been an active member of one of the largest online gaming communites for adults. www.theoldergamers.com for 8 years. Our tag sign is TOG. Our member base stretches to all corners of the globe. We are a 25 years of age and older gaming community.

I have been trying to drum up some intrest in Freelancer and specificly this mod. Right now we only have a few that are playing, but I expect this number to rise. We do have some Australia members that run a FL discovery mod server. Sadly for us Americans the ping is just to large.

Myself and a few other TOGers have taken a liking to your 24/7 RP server. We have decided to stay there and mingel with all of you guys!

So far our experience in the server and the players have been very friendly! Us older gents really appricate that as it takes us longer to do anything!:)

So in closing if you happen to come across "oldskool" or "LaneRunner" feel free to say hello!

Cheers,

Welcome to Disco! Read the rules and have fun!

Oh and, if you didn't know yet, the server is down and will be down for a while. Check here for status: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20365
Welcome to you and your fellow TOGers! Hope to see you all out in space once this little storm clears over.
Check things out, meet new people but above all, have fun!

The rules on the server:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4040

If you have TeamSpeak, Kindred runs a server especially for those that play on this mod:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...=28500&st=0

Also, if you have Skype which most folk around here use, there is a Disco Help channel which the details are entailed here:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36647

Finally, a little guide that Dusty Lens made:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=51450

See you in space!
Hello, welcome to Disco, make sure you read and understand ALL rules, don't break them, and most importantly have fun.
Thanks all. Yeah we have and are still reading the rules for the server. Forgive us if we make some mistakes as we begin our adventure on your server. We're old and things take us a lot more time.:)
Excuses, excuses, excuses ... "My brother did it!", "My neighbor is stocking proxies like women and DDoS'd your server!", "We're old!"

We heard it all in here!!;)

well anyway - have a good time playing when the server pops back up.

might i suggest that you look in the Faction Recruitment section of the forum to get someone to show you the ropes and become virtual pals with awesome people. It always helps, from what I understand. (yeah i rant about not having a fwiend at the beginning when i had to grind for everything i have now. well i at least learned something on my own:P)

Read the rules and have fun.

ps:

Gallia is teh shiz, and it is a challenge as well. Plus it needs some love. Know what I mean?
Welcome mate, i checked out your website very impressive , see you in space. :)
Welcome to Disco, read the rules, and have fun.:)
Welcome to Discovery!
You'll find many members older than you in this community, which I believe is a good thing! Having "Older Ones" playing on the server and posting on forums prevents some childish behaviors that is common in other communities. So, See you around!:)

Also, Check these Links, They might come in Handy;
  • Complete Version of Server Rules
    - Reading and Understanding all these (Even though it might get a bit confusing in the beginning) is essential for Survival (!) on this Server!
  • Community & Forum Rules
    - Aside from this link, there are certain rules for each Sub-Forum as well. You can find those in pinned threads of each Sub-forum.
  • Technology Usage Chart
    - Want to make a New character with a Specific ID ? First read the ID and its restriction carefully, then check this chart to see What Ships and Guns you can use with it.
  • Discovery Wiki
    - Need Information about any Faction, Ship, or Equipment ? You'll find what you need here.
  • Server Commands
    - There are many useful Commands available on This server, which are really useful, You can find a complete list on the Wiki Page.
If you have any questions, or need help, You can always contact anyone from This List,
And when In Game, Look for those nice guys around with [The_Angel] Tag, They sure know how to help you out.
Also, you might like to spend some time reading our Role-Playing Hub And even decide to join in! Remember, Server Roleplay comes first, but then, there is Forum Roleplay, which can be really enjoyable if you are the 'Writer' type!

So, feel free to ask anything you need, and ... Enjoy Your stay!;)
Welcome! Follow the rules and have fun!
Pages: 1 2