Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Zoey Sakura, feedback thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Today was fun, really really fun.
You can say that again, we lost a Ptrans, and we killed:

Some Trader, Outcast Ravens Talon, BMM Mining Ship, BMM Mining Ship, Pirate Mining Ship, BAF Challenger, BAF Templar, BAF Gunboat, BHG Orca GB, Merc Sabre and Merc Kingfisher.

I call that a near-flawless victory.

xD

Again some time.
Though I didn't last long, it was still fun. Haven't seen that much action in Dublin in a while. Gimme a shout on Skype if you guys wanna do that again sometime.

Nice shooting on both of yas, by the way.

~ J
O that battle was fun whilst it last. can't wait for another bash at zoey. Hope I don't make that same mistake I made where I thought you was turning for my 6. Thats what I honestly thought. by the time I realised what you had done I was pretty much a gonna even if I fired countermeasures.

This is really starting to get interesting with Zoey and Davis now hope it ends up as a proper rivalry in the future.

O and I believe in that whole time of the battle I was the only one to get your shield down *hint hint* bet that has been a while if I am right since its gone down last.

Anytime dude. I find it funny how we went in to get money and ore, and we left with about ten kills and no money...

' Wrote:O that battle was fun whilst it last. can't wait for another bash at zoey. Hope I don't make that same mistake I made where I thought you was turning for my 6. Thats what I honestly thought. by the time I realised what you had done I was pretty much a gonna even if I fired countermeasures.

This is really starting to get interesting with Zoey and Davis now hope it ends up as a proper rivalry in the future.

O and I believe in that whole time of the battle I was the only one to get your shield down *hint hint* bet that has been a while if I am right since its gone down last.

Definately, it was Tito who tore through you in about two bursts xD

The rivalry is great, especially as Davis protects the BMM, Zoey aims to destroy them.

Great fun and kudos mate ^_^
at least you had loads of fun. I know i did even though i made my mistake.

I thought it was you as I saw zoeys ship behind a torpedo trail.

Reason why I don't like this:

You're a woman. The traditionalist Farmer's Alliance wants to help you, made offers to put Zoey in space. This makes little sense to me.

The Farmer's Alliance is, even in vanilla, a traditionalist movement. Traditional Kusari was rather sexist and chauvinist. The GC exist solely because of that fact. If you'd kindly check the bar of Kagoshima, there are no woman NPCs. There are no spacebourn woman FA NPCs either. This leads me to believe that the FA would rather follow the Russian's footsteps in putting a monkey into space than a woman.

It's because of this evidence that things like this have happened. It was a completely reasonable arrangement, but presented by a woman (not only a woman, but one which was not at all traditional). This broke the entire arrangement.

There are reasons why I depicted the life of Shiraishi in the Seeds Less Sown as so dismal and unappealing: because the life of a woman working for the FA would be. A woman working under the FA would be submitted to emotional abuse at the least, with no hope (or little hope, if they were that dumb) of actually advancing somewhere in the organization.

Also, your avatar is rather poor taste, in my opinion, and I assume it is to reflect this character...

And, well, that's my problem with this, but, if you so choose to continue, well, your job to run your RP how you run it, I just find it to be completely implausible the way it's laid out.
I'm glad you bring that up Bacon, something I plan to work on when I story out her time in the FA.

She spent six years in the Farmers Alliance being treated like crap.

After making a Griffin space worthy, she pretty much followed them about and acted as their bitch until about two years in when she actually go some shots at real combat. She's treated even worse because of her being half-Bretonian, so after the six years of proving herself, she eventually got a break.

Miyagi Ochi, the current leader of the AFA (mang109) likes her, he is less traditional I suppose, but he is one of the main reasons she managed to gain independance.

She was never allowed to join the AFA, due to her half-blood and gender, but she's such a strong figure after her six years of bad treatment, she ignores their abuse, verbal and occasionally physical.

This is her main reasoning for not continuing operations with the FA, as they would not let her work as she does now, under their command. She instead does her own thing and keeps her distance, and due to figures like Miyagi Ochi, less traditional ones at least, she is able to get what she needs and not be murdered in an allyway or something.

In Diary Entry #22, Zelot's FA was particuarly venomous towards her. This behavior I expect and welcome, as it's realistically how about 90% of the FA would feel about her.

I will detail out in stories to come, her treatment in school as a girl and as a half-blood, and I plan to detail some of her time in the six years she spend building up character before she finally decided to leave and go independant.
It will not be pretty, she wasn't treated at all like a princess, I assure you.

All in all, it is one of the main motivations of my desire to eventually request a Terrorist ID for Zoey, with an Alliance IFF. She is not a Gaian, or Hogosha, Alliance or Corsair, she is independant, this is her quest for independance anyway, and it's going quite well.
With the Terrorist ID though, she won't change at all. Her behavior will be the same, her actions and goals and allies and feelings will all stay exactly the same.

I'm willing to accept the concequences of her background, if the AFA leadership changes, and a more traditional leader steps in, she will have to deal with the new problems that arise.

She is loyal to Kusari, and loves it dearly, a patriot, but she is also an outsider, not be her own choosing. And she has to deal with it.

Make sense?

It's not implausable, it's just very unlikely, and very difficult for her.

My Avatar, I like because it's my avatar, she's not meant to be portrayed as a whore, or even as Zoey, I just like the expression and it never fails to cheer me up or make me smile.

In the full picture, she is cutting cake xD
You said...Half Bretonian? You definitely lost plausibility right there...

If you were acting as a subjective, half-breed woman to the FA, I think that they'd really just keep you as a subject and use you to do suicidal things which would likely kill you, and then never give you any respect, because in the FA, as a half-breed, you deserve none in Kusari.

What I see here is that you are applying Western culture to Kusari. No matter how hard Zoey would have worked, she would never have gotten enough respect to get a ship. As not only a woman, but a Bretonian woman, respect would be something completely foreign to her. It's simply not the culture there. If you're of a subject, and you act like a subject, it's simply what you're supposed to do. It doesn't matter how much merit you really have, or how much you love something. You are what you are, and as a half-breed woman, you are equivalent a dog...

Make sense? No. Not at all. At least not to me.
Like I said, she built her own ship before she joined, built it up from a wreck, she was never much assosiated with the FA, she was pretty much a subject, another gun in a combat situation, bait for a well planned trap, cannon fodder or the person that served the tea while the men took the credit.

That was her six years of FA experience, as a subject, it's the non-traditional people like Miyagi Ochi who gave her a shot by handing her guns and ships as oppose to a useless old Griffin she had repaired herself from scrap.

We have ghost ships, nekos, furrys, capital ships running on Cardamine, magical Nomad shared-minds and a super villain from Gotham. Zoey's story really isn't that far out of the ordinary.

And she isn't FA, she used to be. Like you said, a half-Bretonian woman in the FA would have been a subject, and for her six years, she was.

She wants to help Kusari, she couldn't help her background, and the Farmers Alliance were what she thought was a good way to do so, six years later she decided she'd finally had enough.

This is why she is independant, even with her 'take no s***' attitude, they still treat her like crap. Even if she saves their lives in a battle, the traditional ones will still be pissed off she isn't making them tea.

C'est la vie, for Zoey at least.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5