Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bounty Hunter's Guild & Guild Core
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
A note on why the Guild funds the Core- the Core brings back important weapons and resources for the rest of them. More importantly, however, some of the leaders of the Guild are megalomaniacs, and like the idea of conquering stuff rather than just being filthy rich. A dedicated, professional navy can do things that a guild cannot. Hold ground, claim the resources on that territory, and carve out an empire from the less tangible riches of Nomad space. A full monopoly on the iridium surrounding Dabadoru, for instance, would not be possible without a Core fleet protecting it; that's income right there, and it will only pay off more as those less tangible technological improvements start coming in.

The Core uses Guild weapons and ships because they're employed by the same wad of cash (and more importantly, the same wad of cash's engineers).

Hopefully that answers some of the questions raised.
Agmen, Sovvy, thanks for the additions.
Given what I've seen in some other threads, I think this particular one deserves a bump.
' Wrote:Given what I've seen in some other threads, I think this particular one deserves a bump.
In the real world they have a saying about leading a horse to water...

A & L Guy
Pages: 1 2 3