Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Journal of Earl Catharty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MESSAGE RECIPIENT: Earl Catharty
MESSAGE SUBJECT: Journal
MESSAGE SENDER: Earl Catharty
▐...OPENING MESSAGE...▌

Well, I'm not quite sure what the date is today. The neural-net terminals don't have access to any more than basic neural addresses, and there aren't any dates anymore. They say it's to save memory for the new gun tracking systems... Sounds stupid to me, but I'm not one to question my superiors.

▐...MESSAGE ENDS...▌
▐...OPENING MESSAGE...▌

It's been two days since I last entered that message. I haven't had any time, we've been training so rigorously. I'm onboard a cruiser, apparently bound for the Dundee system. I'm to be stationed at the Battleship Sterling, it seems. I wonder if it's that bad there that they have to send new recruits into an active war zone. Well, at least the food is good. There's even syrup to put on the biscuits, I can't remember ever having real syrup before joining up with the Forces. Anyways, I think it's about 8:30 right now, and I've got an hour before we start training again, so I'm going to catch up on some sleep.

▐...MESSAGE ENDS...▌
▐...OPENING MESSAGE...▌

Well, I've been here for about three weeks or so and I've already got my own ship. It's not any Paladin, but it'll do. Yesterday I came into contact with the HMS-Orwell, named after George Orwell, and we took down many Kusarian ships, including two cruisers. I bet I'm getting a promotion for this one. I'm now cleared to travel anywhere in Bretonia, the Independent Worlds, and the lower Taus. This is a real step forward for me, obviously, and I'm going to try and not get killed. I imagine most of my time will be spent in Dundee and Leeds, but there's no real way to tell. I hear that Chester has some interesting things in it, perhaps I'll go exploring later. Anyways, it's grub time, so I'm signing off.

▐...MESSAGE ENDS...▌
▐...OPENING MESSAGE...▌

So earlier I decided to go exploring in the barren Chester system. As it turns out, it wasn't quite so barren after all. I was with the HMS-Orwell again, but halfway through our flight, she had engine troubles, something about residual IONs needing scrubbing from the afterburners and whatnot. I hope she managed to limp back to the nearest shipyard okay. When she had left, I continued onwards towards a large, dark cloud in the "north" of the system. These are low-resolution guncam images of what I found.
[Image: hiveone.jpg]
[Image: hivetwo.jpg]
I decided not to get too close to the purple discharge, although on the other side of the structure, there was another purple discharge area, exactly the same as that one. My radiation, gravimetric, and electromagnuclear readings were off the charts, although my ship suffered no damage of any sort, quite strange.
After hanging about for a bit, some strange vessels flew up. I attempted to hail them, but to no avail. They seemed unable to see me, although when I went in for a closer look they fired a few shots at me, all of them missing, and managed to disrupt my cruise engines, but after that ignored me. I figured it best not to aggravate them. Here is a picture of one of them.
[Image: nommyone.jpg]
I've submitted this data to a close friend of mine, Professor Alvin Salt, and the coordinates for the object. Hopefully, he'll be able to make some sense of this, and the information may be used to better the fair land of Bretonia.
▐...MESSAGE ENDS...▌
▐...OPENING MESSAGE...▌

Another boring patrol. Haven't made an entry in weeks, nothing new's been happening. Took down some Kusarian ships earlier, but never managed to get a guncam image... I hope something interesting happens soon. I've decided to head down to Cambridge and patrol down there, perhaps something of note might occur.

▐...MESSAGE ENDS...▌