Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To LSF Command
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
*incoming transmission*
To: Liberty Security Force Command
Encryption: Unbreakable

Greetings,

I address you with concern over a recent incident at our base in Omicron Delta. I normally don't concern myself with these thing but when it's not the first time this has happened by a Liberty Government capital ship and the lives on board the station are threatened AND I receive a communication from a nearby pilot, I have to do something. Also, a short time before hand, a fire fight close to the base between the Order and Bounty Hunters had taken place so nerves were already on edge.

The LSF Hurricane, one of your cruisers, was sitting by Freeport 11, just loitering and drawing unwanted attention to itself. The Commander of a nearby research vessel was trying to get him to leave only to be insulted by the ship's captain. This research vessel was also in contact with me at the time. Being on the other side of Sirius at the time, I was being kept informed. I am including this video of the incident.

*uploading*
Video, LSF Hurricane

The Captain first claims to be hunting Xenos to which he corrects himself "Xeno-phobes." Out here, they are known as Nomads. I don't care if he wants to risk his neck to hunt them but I ask that he does it far away from the base. We have already been bombed by the Nomads and don't want a repeat of it.

He then claims he is docked, which he is not. If he was, he wouldn't be able to move. No kidding that his ship won't fit inside the base. Freeport 11 docking bays are only capable of holding a few fighters or bombers. For Gunboats and larger, there are mooring points or if the ship wishes to moor just off the base, there are shuttles to bring crews to and from the base.

As I said earlier, this isn't the first time a Liberty Cruiser has used the NFZ as a security blanket. By our law, it's loitering. The ship is welcomed to dock as anyone else is to conduct business and such. Large capital ships sitting so close to the base obstruct incoming and outgoing traffic.

Yes, I know, there are a lot of Order capital ships there as well. I have already spoken to them via proper channels on the same subject matter so no one is being picked on more than another.
And to clarify, I did authorize the use of force IF NECESSARY to get the ship moved. I don't make that decision lightly. It was then the commander finally decided to lock onto a mooring point as an ion storm was approaching.

My intention isn't to create any friction between our people. Omicron Delta is a hostile place with Bounty Hunters, the Order, Corsairs and Nomads always about. In such a lawless area, we Zoners just want to keep at least one place a safe haven for all to include the LSF and other visitors in the area.

Respectfully submitted,

Ambassador John Holliday
Zoner Alliance Committee