Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Who the Bleep are the TAZ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Hans von Goeben, your answers were nice.
You are now in the Fnordnet. Enjoy your stay.

23's.
Thank you. I am happy to be part of TAZ now.

Sincerely,

Hans.
*** INcomming transmission ***

Hello all,

I want to make an application to be part of TAZ.

-Do you know what you want to roleplay as a Temporary Autonomous Zoner? (The type here : trader, templar, etc...)
I like to explore and defend traders. Also i'm a jumper. So i like to jump to several systems in order to supply our people for food and other equipment.

-Do you have a character in mind in which you would like to roleplay? If so, tell us the history and general Roleplay. (Here you explain the character background/history, his mindset, everything related to his story. If you don't have any character in mind, no need to answer anything here)
My RP Character Tre-Del-Fida

Tre-Del-Fida's origin is unknown. As he was raised in an ophonage in New Berlin. Due to the part he was tormented in his youth. He was entirely driven to be an important captain on a big ship. He started out as a small boy who worked out in the machinery room. And after some years he made it up to the big ranks. As now he is flying a nephilim and defends mostly our ships.

He is famous for his strategic views and sometimes onorthodox ways of solving the issues at hand.

-Do you have a recommendation from a TAZ? If so, name them. (Note: This is a requirement)
Yes, Heraklion

-Will you follow TAZ roleplay guidelines?
Yes, i will

-What is your experience? When did you join Discovery?
I have played the original game from the start. After that i played some time the Crossfire mod. And now like 2 or 3 months i play discovery. (also my girlfriend plays too) and some others who followed from crossfire.

-Have you roleplayed TAZ before?
Roleplayed, NO.. talk too? Yes. For info about zoner bribes.

-Are you in other factions? If so, name them.
ATM in no other faction. Only Samurian char more. and an EFL one.

-What will be your level of involvement in TAZ?
I mostly play with my zoner ships. So guess will be like 80 til 90% playing for the group.

Zoner Lore :

-According to you, what is a Zoner? (Answer with your own words. No concise answer please. No copy pasta)
A zoner is a player who is independant. Someone who likes to be on his/her self and decided to go out of the main attention of collonies. (big groups)

-Describe the main asset of a Zoner as compared to others? (Answer with your own words. No concise answer please. No copy pasta)
Few words: Freedom, independant and helpfull (defending each other for example)

-What is the most important thing for a Zoner in the Sirian community? (Answer with your own words. No concise answer please. No copy pasta)
Beeing your own boss. In the rules of the RP then. And you decide yourself what to do. Nothing is a MUST. its only. if you want

** Communication lost **
Duvelske,

Your application is currently under vote. Shouldn't take long, but in the meantime
I would study up on your Principia Discordia. Once your initial application is approved
you will be asked five questions from a pool that are listed at the start of this channel.
Nothing too hard, just a bit of reading required.

Duvelske,

Congratulations, your application has passed through the initial stages, now all we need is for you to
demonstrate your knowledge of the chaos we believe in.

The following questions are simple yet key. I would suggest looking at the Principia Discordia for these answers.

1) Who is Eris?
2) What is a "Fnord?"
3) What is the meaning "5 tons of flax?"
4) State the meaning of the "Hodge and Podge?"
5) State the name of 3 Discordian pioneers?

Make sure that your answers are sent privately to me once completed. We don't want other applicants
cheating off your answers now, do we?
Duvelske,

Congratulations, your answers are deemed sufficiently Erisian and your robes await you
in our Hallowed Temple. Receive your robes, pineal amulet and complementary breath mint then
proceed to meet your fellow Popes in FnordNet.

Welcome to our madness.

-Do you know what you want to roleplay as a Temporary Autonomous Zoner? (The type here : trader, templar, etc...)

Trader (banker?)

-Do you have a character in mind in which you would like to roleplay? If so, tell us the history and general Roleplay. (Here you explain the character background/history, his mindset, everything related to his story. If you don't have any character in mind, no need to answer anything here)

Doctor_Killjoy:
Originally working in Dublin he found a sizable deposit of gold ore, shortly after which he began a business of loaning credits with usury rates to fresh spacefarers. He still enjoys trading from time to time.

-Do you have a recommendation from a TAZ? If so, name them. (Note: This is a requirement)

[TAZ]Constantine

-Will you follow TAZ roleplay guidelines?

Quite certainly

-What is your experience? When did you join Discovery?

I've joined discovery quite recently, but been am familiar with the rules

-Have you roleplayed TAZ before?

No but I do look forward to the experience

-Are you in other factions? If so, name them.

No other factions.

-What will be your level of involvement in TAZ?

at least 3 nights a week

Zoner Lore :

-According to you, what is a Zoner? (Answer with your own words. No concise answer please. No copy pasta)

Well a zoner is neutral party. Interstellar switzerland, if you will. Not taking sides in disputes unless the dispute takes you first. Focus on profit, and maintaining control of our zones.

-Describe the main asset of a Zoner as compared to others? (Answer with your own words. No concise answer please. No copy pasta)

Most governments tolerate us, we can go anywhere, we know the backroads, the out of the way corners and shortcuts. Freeports nestled across the galaxy sanctuary is only a short hop away for us.

-What is the most important thing for a Zoner in the Sirian community? (Answer with your own words. No concise answer please. No copy pasta)

Don't be a dick. Share some of the wisdom and knowledge, I personally play as a fairly nuetral character, Practically a banker giving loans to various people, let them get their first camara, let them pay back in time.
Doctor Killjoy,

Your application is accepted. Please provide me the name(s) of your ship(s) and type(s) so that I may roster you. Put an [A] after your name for "acolyte" as you will be in a probationary period for the next 30 days.

Congrats,
-Doc
Kallisti, hello, bon soir, hola, konnichiwa, ´Tag,
or like my doctor always says: have a banana, my friend,

My name is Carl Bergmann, explorer and trader mostly in the outer omicrons, Captain of the firefly transport "Deadcat". Zoner ID and IFF.
Members of the crew are:
Dr. Zaius Cornelius (Primus), medics, communication
Kaylee Norton (New York), mechanics, flowers
Nolte (New Berlin), thievery, trading
Natalie de Sonne (New Paris) , security
Luci Tomori (Ainu), pilot
Schroedinger, (a simple cat, believe it) board cat/mice hunter

We all want to join the TAZ. As recommendation i call for the captain of the Barrel.Roll, Mr. Richard Cole, i hope he will be fine with this.

Okay, this was the official part, so i have to admit: we are a collective of silly individuals with several ideas how to change the universe into a peaceful place where we and the fish can live together (no, we are not infected but it´s life too).
So we fly around and talk to pilots and crews (and made some credits by the way). On the other hand we are searching a place where to home our souls, tired to be a small lonesome community in the outskirts only.
We had some discussions on board about joining some Zoner faction, OSI or TAZ, and at least we found ourself choosing the TAZ cause of Your philosophy as it is different. As well as we know, that She is around all time, we don´t believe in Eris or Eris doesn´t believe in us (as we try to find some compromise on board), so we only discuss. And this is in a way temporary autonomous...
And we also are temporary non autonomous individuals, we dock on stations to have a beer, a smoke or a banana. And sometimes we need people around.
But mostly we love free space, no lanes, no gates. Drinking tea with synthetic m. and looking through the windows into the sun of Cayman or oZeta, sometimes it´s all we need. And these are the moments, when we begin to discuss. And then Luci sails into any near jumphole where fish hangs out.
So this temporary autonomous behaviour of the crew is another good reason to move our way to the TAZ. What do You think about board discipline?
But i´m sure Dr. Cornelius has some bananas for You. He is that kind of ape we wish to be...
Ah, nearly forgotten: Dr. Cornelius is very interested in human psychology, he comes from the Primus Science And Nature Institute Of Primate Nation, where he is well known and allocated for his book: "Mankind and Bananas". It´s about politics and medic (as what i understood). But it´s something You should ask him directly. The only thing i can say is: he is the best medic ever, we´re all well since he´s on board.

So we were flying to Baffin weeks ago but when we came nothing happeninged there. But we want to join Your faction more than ever. Could be some new experience in our lives. Oh, not at least we heard a rumor about free access to Leeds from o49, - so this sounds really interesting too.

And now to something complete different:
If someone needs supply, we have a 3300 cargobay and all time bananas and we would love to help.
And second: Your amulet doesn´t really help against fish...
but we keep it, it´s a question of whatever...

23´s and all time good sailing, Captain and Crew

P.S.: Ah, and since a nice conversation with a member of the TAZ, the [TAZ]Barrel.Roll again, we have skype on board. Maybe this makes things easier.
"A beer, a smoke or.....a banana." Now that is unusual...but I like it.
You sound like good TAZ material. In fact, since you come recommended, I think you will be a great fit.

I also like your mix of crew to include the cat. We need some ladies here in TAZ as well as some fellows.

Your application is herby approved. Welcome to TAZ. Feel free to post in the dump and introduce yourself. If you get any other ships, please notify me. Check in at the dump for information as well. I will get you rostered and when chance allows, I will give you a TAZ ID.

Hail Eris!
-Doc
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23