Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Colonial Government Public Broadcast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[font=Impact]
[Colportage of prohibited material is an act of sedition which is punishable by death.]

Fellow Citizens and all Tau lawfuls

We bring you a message of utmost importance regarding the newest armed uprising against the legitimate Colonial Government. Today at 1608 hours there was an attempt on the life of Colonel Jack Skalski, a decorated pilot and war hero. The attempt failed as the Colonel stood his ground against overwhelming numbers long enough for reinforcements to arrive and force the would-be assassins into retreat.

-So Colonel, how does it feel?

-Whaddaya think it feels ya newsie numskull?! I got my plane shot up by those backstabbing [color=#000000][CENSORED]
! But whatever - recorded something that oughtta ruin those [color=#000000][CENSORED]
's political support. Just as I had predicted - They ain't about "democracy" and never were - they're just mighty unhappy that while the fleet's practically a political majority, nobody will be forming a wasteful, overstaffed and too talkative "cabinet" composed of them! That wouldn't be a problem though - I am reputed to be ambitious beyond reason too, but at least i don't steal my service craft and go "protesting" against government policy by trying to kill my old squad mates. Anyway, had a chat with one Outcast today - you know how it is, we gloat, we hiss, we throw shoes at each other. The guy gloated about, that I quote "I wish they (CFF)will win, because then the colonials wouldn't be a problem for us" Whaddaya make of that? Now if you'll Excuuuuuuuuuse me, I got some wrench-and-hammer stuff to do.

-Well that was... Unexpected, we now return to the studio

In studio with us is Doctor Orrin Daniels, an expert in international affairs and retired Colonial ambassador with House Bretonia. Doctor, what do you make of that statement?

-While very crude vocabulary-wise, i do believe it holds substantial significance. I think the statement quoted by Colonel Skalski was not merely an act of bravado and gloating, but an accidental disclosure of the rebels' upcoming move and motives.

-That means?

-That means in my opinion what the Colonel already implied... In his manner of speaking...

-That the CFF intends to cooperate with the Maltese Regime?

-That would be the logical choice for them, seeing as the IMG are so far delighted to cooperate with the current government, I doubt the CFF could expect aid from them, leaving only one "interested" party in the region.

-Thank you doctor, we will keep our viewers posted as the story develops, I am Mike Andrews, CRBC News.

[font=Impact][This message has been brought to you by the Colonial Intelligence Service.]
[Support Your Government!]
"Hm. Resorting to blatant propaganda just a little quicker than I expected," Calvin noted as he and Akari watched the broadcast in his Nyx.

"What do you mean? That Outcast said-"

"Would the Colonials use anything an Outcast said fairly? I've fought alongside the Colonials, you haven't, so lemme answer that one for you: Hell no. No, they'd cut out relevant details or simply 'forget' to address the obvious fact that if the Colonials are weakened, the Outcasts are at an advantage, whether these rebels are working with the Outcasts or not." Calvin sighed, and turned off the monitor. "Damn I'm glad I got out of there."