Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To Vagrant Raiders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...hack.initiated...decryption.in.progress...
...comm.ID.Phate.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

I'll keep this short and to the point, since you prefer it that way.

You've recently expressed the desire to distinguish yourself from the Lane Hackers. You have declared that you are not Lane Hackers. Calling or only implying that one of your kind is a hacker has been perceived as an insult recently.

Therefore, we'd like to kindly ask you:
  1. to cease using Lane Hacker ID and IFF codes as soon as possible - immediate change is preferred
  2. to not distribute Lane Hacker technology any longer, since you are not owners thereof, as you frequently say yourselves.
This rhetorical nonsense has been approved by all Lane Hacker Professors. Please respond to inform us how you plan to proceed. Thank you.

...encryption.in.progress...hack.terminated...
See, here's the funny thing about us not being part of your little elitist goon squad: We don't have to listen to you.

Therefore, I request that you kindly defenestrate yourselves.

This retort to your, as you so accurately put it, "rhetorical nonsense" has been approved by me. We're a hell of a lot better at our jobs than you are at yours.

Taskmaster Escher, out.

...uploading.data...

That is unfortunate. I was hoping for a sensible solution. I don't know what else we can do to make things consistent in a reasonable manner, besides asking nicely. The non-diplomatic options are rather grim and I'd prefer not going down that road. Are you completely sure?

' Wrote:
Therefore, we'd like to kindly ask you:
  1. to cease using Lane Hacker ID and IFF codes as soon as possible - immediate change is preferred
  2. to not distribute Lane Hacker technology any longer, since you are not owners thereof, as you frequently say yourselves.
...uploading.data...

The issue is not with the Vagrant Raiders using what's commonly known as Lane Hacker technology. The problem is selling it to third parties and using the very ID/IFF codes that they have shown a very strong aversion to. They declare that they aren't Lane Hackers, and that they aren't associated with the Lane Hackers in any way. Yet they like to act as if they were? I do not see what the problem is with them switching to different codes when they're not happy with the current ones.

Our techs are working on a better code while you're busy wasting your breath on a futile endeavor.

When we stop using Hacker identification signatures, it will be on our own terms, to signatures of our choosing.

And I thought you might like to know that I have some of my own people working on replicating the designs for equipment that we are using. Meaning that your opinion on whether or not we can distribute it will remain just as irrelevant as it is now.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have more important matters to deal with than the ravings of a man whose last vestiges of power are rapidly slipping away from him. Like cleaning the gold dust off my windshield.

Taskmaster Escher out.
...uploading.data...

This transmission was not directed to the Hellfire Legion.

Your input was not requested but, well, we're rather tolerant, as you probably know. The next thing we all know, is that the assets will be moved at about the same time by which the VR will have succeeded to paint their ships with their own colors. It's not yet certain if they will succeed, although we have shown and provided support for it to happen.

The reason why we have decided to open this can of worms is that our polite inquiries about VR status have been met with insults, and an overall negative attitude, which has been shown here as well.

I don't think we deserve that for our outgoing approach. Or is the way to hell really paved with good intentions?

As much as the VR do not like to be associated with our name, we do not wish to be associated with a group whose representatives hate us for asking about how they're doing.

I don't really know if we should let you spit in our face like this. I have a great deal of patience but I'll ask the Senior Professor if he is as lenient as I am.

In the meantime, let's put it this way. What is the reason for you to continue using the Lane Hacker ID codes instead of moving to another - of your own choice?

-----INCOMING TRANSMISSION-----
Comm ID: Jada Zachary; Warlady
[Image: Power_Armor_by_thedarkestse.png]
Subject: Impatience.

I'm going to pick my words carefully for this one.

You claim to be patient and understanding. What you appear to be, to me, is some one who suffers from paranoia and the need to be a megalomaniac. I don't really understand why you're so upset, but you should know that we're working on this to the best of our abilities.

The more you try and rush us, the more upset we get. Capiche?

-----TERMINATING TRANSMISSION-----
Incoming Transmission...
...Decryption in Progress...
COMPLETED
Sender: LaBrie, James

[Image: vraidersc1.gif]

H-okay lackey. Explain to ol' LaBrie what lovely good intentions you have brewing within your warm and cuddly self. What "exactly" were your motivations of "asking us how we're doing"? Let's forget the fact that myself, and the rest of the Raiders fail to remember you asking in the first place.

If they're good enough, maybe I'll write a childrens' book.

Love,

James LaBrie, Lower Overlord, Vagrant Raiders.

PS:
Quote:It's not yet certain if they will succeed, although we have shown and provided support for it to happen.

Guess your cheque got lost in the mail buck-o, I haven't seen a credit of it yet.

End of transmission.