Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Party and Petition for Proper Patrols.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
--@Incoming Data Stream Detected@--
--@Data Stream Unsecure and Unencoded@--
--@Accept Data Packet: Yes@--

Greetings and Salutations,

I am Wanderman, of Wanderman Freight and Mining (WF&M), and this is a rallying cry. How many of you out there are tired of being accosted by pirates, brigands, killers, and thieves with a LSF, LPI, or Navy craft sitting just a stones throw away? I know I am. I pay taxes, some of which pay the salaries of the officers and men aboard those craft. Some of those taxes pay for the ships and weapons. In other words, we pay for all thier food, equipment, training, and even medical care and pensions. Is it not right, then, that we expect them to use all that we pay for to protect us? It is after all why we paid for all of those things.

What can we do about this? It's simple. Each and every one of you out there who feels the same need only chime in with an agreement, a short example if you want, and a signiture. When we have enough signitures, enough support, we will take our case to the politicos of Liberty.

Here is what we propose:

1) All LPI, LSF, and Navy craft be required to start one patrol every five minutes unless they are engaged in combat or an existing patrol.

2) Any captain and crew not adhering to the afore mentioned stipulation have thier pay docked on the first offense, be demoted on the second offense, and be dismissed on the third offense.

3) Any law abiding citizen can report to the Liberty Government, via a special Neuralnet Channel, the inaction of any LPI, LSF, and Navy craft.

4) Any captain and crew so reported, and having been witnessed by at least one other law abiding citizen, shall undergo investigation, as in subsection 2, for having failed to uphold stipulation 1.

5) Any law abiding civilian pilot who looses ship, life, or cargo due to LSF, LPI, or Navy craft failing to uphold stipulation 1, should be awarded that craft's crew and officer pay for one week as compensation.

<div align="right]Sincerely,
Wanderman; WF&M

--@Data Packet Ends@--
[font=Agency FB]
[Transmission Status: Incoming]
[Source:[color=#FFFF00] Concerned Liberty Armed Forces Officer]
[Target: Concerned Citizen]
[Encryption Level: [color=#FF0000]ALPHA]
[Transmission Status: Beginning]
The Navy, Police and Security Force currently have to deal with:
  1. Rheinland Military
  2. The Order
  3. Liberty Rogues
  4. Lane Hackers
  5. Vagrant Raiders
  6. HellFire Legion
  7. Outcasts
  8. Xenos
  9. Unafilliated Pirates
  10. Unlawful Mercenaries
On top of that we have to:
  1. Defend Liberty from Rheinland invasions or incursions
  2. Prevent the Order from commiting terrorist acts which could kill civilians
  3. Defend Liberty from the HellFire Legion terrorist organization
  4. Stop the Xenos from undermining Liberty's economy and stop them from killing innocents as well
  5. Stop the Liberty Rogues, Lane Hackers, Vagrant Raiders, Outcasts and Unnafilliated Pirates from pirating cargo or cash
Oh and did I mention at the same time we need to keep training as well so that our skills don't drop against an adamant foe? And that the Liberty Navy, Police and Security Force combined are still outnumbered by all these enemies combined? And that the pirates themselves are based all over Liberty, along with the Rheinland Military currently launching offensives in more than one system? Are you aware that we also need to launch offensives in more than one system, at the same time in order to protect the well being of this House?

Are you aware of the sacrifices that we have to make so that you can vote and speak freely in this House?

Have you even bothered considering what Liberty needs rather what you need?

I find this petition an insult considering how many of have to die so that you can make some money. By the way, I just exercised my right to free speech, something you won't under a Rheinland government.

[Transmission Status: Terminating]
:Comm ID: SecR& D Dr.J-Wilkins
.:Location: Classified:.
.:Encryption Protocol: Qoppa 1:.

[Image: eeg.jpg]

*reads outloud*

1) All LPI, LSF, and Navy craft be required to start one patrol every five minutes unless they are engaged in combat or an existing patrol.

2) Any captain and crew not adhering to the afore mentioned stipulation have thier pay docked on the first offense, be demoted on the second offense, and be dismissed on the third offense.

3) Any law abiding citizen can report to the Liberty Government, via a special Neuralnet Channel, the inaction of any LPI, LSF, and Navy craft.

4) Any captain and crew so reported, and having been witnessed by at least one other law abiding citizen, shall undergo investigation, as in subsection 2, for having failed to uphold stipulation 1.

5) Any law abiding civilian pilot who looses ship, life, or cargo due to LSF, LPI, or Navy craft failing to uphold stipulation 1, should be awarded that craft's crew and officer pay for one week as compensation.

Firstly LPI is a private corporation I'm sure they have their own suggestion box. Navy would have to be mandated by the Government. And LSF already provide as much help as we can. So instead of barking at the LPI, Navy try going to the higher power, which is the Republic, and try your luck there.

Secondly Patrols every 5 minutes? Obviously you have no idea what you're talking about as in the set operations of ether Navy or LSF branch. If you feel so compelled to show us how to do our jobs then please join the Navy. And figure this all out for yourself.

Second and Third on your list is already a system in place to do so. Civilians have no say in what the Navy chooses to discipline their ranks. LSF have their own system. This is none of the business of the civilians.

And 5 is just out right useless. You have Insurance companies to take care of compensation. The Government pays the Salaries of the Navy and thus you'll not be compensating anything. Just spreading the debt around. We have a war effort to provide for and if we must pay for every civilian pilot that gets themselves into trouble, by choice, then we will have nothing to pay for supplies to keep our boarders safe.

Before presenting such things as this I suggest you set up meetings with Reps of the Government LPI, Navy, LSF has nothing to do with this. This belongs to be discussed with the Congress of this Republic of Liberty.

Thank you,

Dr. J- Wilkins
[Image: LPIMessagedetect.png]

Comm ID detected: Hull O'Brian, LPI Deputy Chief of Police.

To: Wanderman Freight and Mining.

Subject: Your demands

Sir,

Respectfully, have you gone off your meds?

First off, your "Demands", as it were, bear no weight. Ships Captains usually don't get to make policy In Liberty, the Government does.

Second of all, If we aren't dealing with , and I quote:

Quote: 1. Rheinland Military
2. The Order
3. Liberty Rogues
4. Lane Hackers
5. Vagrant Raiders
6. HellFire Legion
7. Outcasts
8. Xenos
9. Unafilliated Pirates
10. Unlawful Mercenaries

On top of that we have to:

1. Defend Liberty from Rheinland invasions or incursions
2. Prevent the Order from commiting terrorist acts which could kill civilians
3. Defend Liberty from the HellFire Legion terrorist organization
4. Stop the Xenos from undermining Liberty's economy and stop them from killing innocents as well
5. Stop the Liberty Rogues, Lane Hackers, Vagrant Raiders, Outcasts and Unnafilliated Pirates from pirating cargo or cash

I might actually have time to change the bandages on my burns from my last patrol.

If any of you hare brained, self important, ship captains who think they rule the world outside of their hulls would stop and look for a moment to see what was going on, they would see that we have our hands full.

SOME of these captains have also employed the same people to run interference for them when they haul illegal cargo, and pass bots and bats to the same people, then whine when another one pirates them and blame us...

The same ship Captains who SEE we are in the middle of being attacked who get mad because we can't dis- engage and attend to their problem right at that moment......

Oh, then the same ships Captains adopt fake IDs and post bounties on the Lawfuls, further exacerbating the problems in Liberty.

You, sir, do not make the rules outside of your own hull plates.

Also, The LPI is a Private Corp. There is a complaint box, we will get to it if and when we have 2 minutes that were not being shot at.

So, In conclusion, If you think were doing a bad job,

Come and show us how to do it.

Attached is a employment application, I will be awaiting its return.

Employment application

I am in agreement that this is truly insulting to those who go out ever night and try to make this a safer place for those who are truly ungrateful.

[Image: Transmissionlost.png]

To "A Concerned Naval Officer",

I am quite aware of the laws of liberty, having lived here all my life. I do in fact know what you have to contend with if you are doing your job. The problem I specified is that many of your comrades, maybe even yourself, aren't doing your job. And it is definately best for Liberty that you do said job. As I am part of Liberty, it is good for me, too. I don't really care if you feel insulted by this. Had your comrades been doing thier jobs, rather than sitting around, my firm would not have lost 3 million credits and my pilot would not have been injured. Next to that, your feeling insulted by this means nothing to me.

To Dr. J-Wilkins,

Firstly the LPI has to abide by federal laws and regulations regardless of whether it's a private organization or goverment subsidised. If we succeed in making this a law, then thier pilots will have to abide by the outcome as well. If they don't another firm who will abide by the laws can and will take thier place.

Secondly I do in fact know what the navy regulations are, as I went over them before sending my original data packet. Five minutes is much more than is needed to stop, refuel, and head out again. Every one of those craft, excluding snub fighters, are self-contained, having facilities for personal sanitation, food, and even recreation in most cases. Thier stations are manned by shifts around the clock and there is no need for them to be idle other than refits and lane ques. If I can run clean through three systems in under ten minutes, then those ships with multiples of people manning multiples of stations can start a patrol five minutes after thier last one. If they cannot, they should be fired and replaced with lower order primates, because even they could manage that.

Stipulation five is a motivator, and very important. If they have to give up thier pay for failing to do thier job they will either do thier job in the future, or quit. Either way the people win because those inefficient and useless officers and crew who quit will be replaced by others who will do the job correctly.

And finally, I stipulated that with enough signitures we will take this to the congress to make it a law. That is what lobbying parties do. The fact that you missed that, and your previous comments, leads me to believe that your title of Dr. is assumed, not earned.

To Hull O'Brian,

First off, my "demands" are part of a petition that will be sent to congress to get a bill including those said demands passed. That is exactly how you go about getting a law made. You write letters, get support, have petitions and take it to congress. Please learn about your government before insulting those exercising their rights within said government.

As to your comments about having your hands full, those craft didn't have thier hands full, unless it was full of crepes and coffee. There were at least three craft, mixes from all organisations named, sitting idle on either side of the lanes when my ship was accosted. If you and your comrades have so little time, why do I see them constantly sitting idle? No, untill I see wrecked hulls and maimed spacemen littering the lanes and jump gates like smog on Leeds, then things are not nearly so dire as you purport.

I do make the laws outside of my ship hulls. In liberty every citizen has a voice. One voice, one vote. That vote defines what laws and regulations the people of Liberty shall abide by. This is a vote to make the organisations so named do all the things they are supposed to, not idle at shipyards and in high orbit around Manhattan.

And as I told Mr. Concerned Officer, private organisation or government subsidized, you still have to abide by federal laws and regulations. If we succeed here, and I fully intend to, then you will do as specified or you will find another line of work..laundry at sugarland, perhaps, for failing to follow federal mandate.

<div align="right]Sincerely,
Wanderman: WF&M

--@Data Packet Ends@--
[Image: LPIMessagedetect.png]

**Loud Laughing is heard..**

** More Laughing **

"Best one I heard all day...."

[Image: Transmissionlost.png]
Transmission received
Source ID: Fran, Mercenary

Hello. I am a lawfully aligned mercenary of Liberty origin. Direct observation of Liberty space shows beyond measure that the lawful forces are outnumbered and out gunned. Their opponents have both superior technology and more favorable tactical positions. Thus mercenaries such as myself are employed to "even the odds".

Quote:There were at least three craft, mixes from all organisations named, sitting idle on either side of the lanes when my ship was accosted. If you and your comrades have so little time, why do I see them constantly sitting idle? No, untill I see wrecked hulls and maimed spacemen littering the lanes and jump gates like smog on Leeds, then things are not nearly so dire as you purport.

Yellow selection: I have observed situations such as these myself many times. The reason for this and the answer to your question is simple: You did not report the encounter, therefore they did not know you were in trouble. Despite the earnest and continued efforts of many scientists, it is still impossible for police officers to be all knowing and magically appear at the scene of a crime the moment it happens. Please be patient while scientists work to correct this problem.

Red selection: The following was taken along the trade lane between West point and the California jump gate. Downloading image...

Complete

I have taken the liberty of calculating the cost of implementing the laws listed in your petition, that is, the amount of credits the Republic of Liberty would have to spend to accomplish this. I offer to perform the very same services for a mere fraction of that amount. Please send the first payment of $2,384,916,002 to "Fran" and I will begin my patrols immediately.

End transmission
[font=Agency FB]
[Transmission Status: Incoming]
[Source:[color=#FFFF00] Concerned Liberty Armed Forces Officer]
[Target: Concerned Citizen]
[Encryption Level: [color=#FF0000]ALPHA]
[Transmission Status: Beginning]
I'm not doing my jbo? Who the hell are you to tell me I'm not doing my job? Have you ever been in the firing line, outnumbered and/or outgunned?

Thats what all of us have to go through daily. Especially LPI considering the funding they get.

I don't think you're in a position to tell us who is and isn't doing their jobs, if because you did know, you wouldn't have made these ridiculous demands.

People have to die so that you can make some money, trader. You should try and think about that for once.

[Transmission Status: Terminating]

To Concerned Liberty Armed Forces Officer,

I fly a freighter. When it comes to combat I am always outnumbered and outgunned. Every time I start the engines of my CTE I know there is a good chance I'm not coming home. Despite that, I climb in the cockpit and set my course. I fly food and medical aid into warzones, arms and equipment to Naval bases, and steel to the foundrys that make your ships. I pay taxes so that the vast machinery that is Liberty is able to support you, pay you, take care of you when you are ill or injured. Who am I? I'm the guy who foots the bill and does the work. All you have to do is fly combat to keep the scum off me. I not only fly in combat, but do so in a giant target while carrying the things you need. Don't cry to me how tough it is, you don't know what tough is.

<div align="right]Sincerly,
Wanderman: WF&M

--@Data Packet Ends@--
=======inbound Transmission=======
source:Major James S Patterson,Liberty Marine Corps

<start>
Mr wanderman,you say we dont know how tough it is for the civilians of this house, you say we dont do our jobs or sit idle.

before i enlisted i once was a miner,were as sevral other people were traders or just non pilot civilians.

before i enlisted i mined the silverton feild for 8 years of my life,my parents were killed in an attack on our rhino i was 3kim away the lsf were fighting the pirates managed to break through and hit my mother and father,three years later my fiancee at the time was killed when xenos hit her armord transport,she was kusari-born and she died in my arms.

<he cleared his throat his face now clearly visable hes got at least 4 purple hearts> did you ever stop and think that befre we engage we have to verify our targets,make sure there not a innocent civilian.

did you ever stop and think that we might need to request clerence to engage from our respective commanding officer.

<his voice was a bit calmer now yet a bit distressesd as well> have you ever had to watch men die... plasma burns decompressions fires ectra ave you ever promised a 19 year old kid you would get them home as they lay on there deathbed or watch your second family,your fireteam or ship crew be burned alive by a plasmafire and you mere inches away unable to do anything behind a forcefeild to cut off the ship compartment the fires in.

<he calmed down his ice blue eyes stareing right at the lense as he picked up a uniform his combat dress>

mr wanderman.,have you ever wore one of these?

until lyou do you sir with respect have no right to tell me how to do my job as you cannot possably understand what this marine,and his comrades in the other branches,exprerence.

im not proud to get these purple hearts you see on me,it means ive been shot or otherwise wounded most often times getting hurt in direct action agenst the enemy,be them rhineland an outcast or unaligned merc or ANY threat to libertys people and borders.

it takes a special kind of person to enlist,to beable to witness death and move on silently mourning as you march into possably your own death around the next corner a foot away.

it takes an even more special man to be an officer,a leader of say 2200 other soldiers,to know that the action you make could send them to die,does it make me a murderer? no we al lsigned up knowing we may be goin home in a box or fired from a missle launcher in a missle caseing.

we all signed up to defend the nation we all love.

and we all would die if needed to defend her even tho our own civilians apprently think we dont do our jobs.

if i put you in my place,would you die for this nation? would you order men to there potential deaths... <the camra zoomed out as jimmy stood>
would you wear,this<he held the uniform visable again and the transmission cut to black>

think long and heard mr wanderman,reguardless il lstil lgive my life if needed to save yours

<transmission terminated>
Pages: 1 2