Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Printable Quick Reference for Factions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Edit 3/19/08 : Added [AFA], LPI, XA, BPA), removed several that ceased to be official some time ago
http://www.mediafire.com/?mbnzb5h7yim
If you want the file in pdf format, download it and then take a look at post # 29 of this thread.
I have taken the NPC and Player Factions and set them up in a two column table that prints on just one page.
Color coding suggestions are across the top but you will have to color code each cell to fit your own alignment since obviously I can't do that for you.
I did this because not only do I like lists, but I like lists even more when they are on one printed page right in front of me. So if you feel the same way, or are new to Sirius, you may find this to be useful.
I have used an ancient MS Word 2003 program to encode this information and upload it into the galactic data-net.
I will make every attempt to keep this file current according to changing politics.
Please alert me to any innaccuracies.
Thanks to AC Merc for his great quick reference with links to faction pages.
Enjoy.

Note that with a couple of exceptions, only currently active officially recognized factions are included on the Clan/Guild side of the list.

Edit: 4.5 hours after first posting I discovered that Synth Foods was left off the list, so that has been added to an updated list.
Edit 10-15-07 : Phantoms added to NPC list. Juan_Arquero earns the bragging rights for being the first person who figured out which one was left off the original list.
Edit 11-3-07 : Benitez, [CLR], (DE) removed from list as they are either unofficial factions, or no longer active so far as I can tell. QCO replaces QCP.
Edit 11-11-07 : Epigoni removed due to absorption by RoS; LSF added as a player Clan; Benitez put back on the list since their members have reappeared on the server & many factions list them in their diplomacy already
Edit 11-27-07 : =BSG= changed to =CR= Colonial Remnant
Edit 12-9-07 : Black Dragon Society Added. Revised the legend. Some cosmetic changes made on the player clan side of the list. And I FINALLY noticed that Diplomatic has been spelled wrong this entire time right at the top of the list! Juan must be slipping!
Edit 1-5-07 : The Lane Hackers and Liberty Rogues added.
Edit 1/28/08 : Added to list the following : [KOF] [202nd] [66th]. Also added the callsign tags of several commonly seen groups of players on the server, along with known data on their ID.
Edit 2/17/08 : Added [GC], removed Workers Front, added a couple of ubiquitous non-clan groups
Edit 2/24/08 : Added [FTS] Flying Tigers, a BOWEX corporation

Cool, thanks.
' Wrote:Also, I am certain that there is 1 NPC faction that I have left off, but I can't figure out which one.
Bragging rights to the first person who figures it out.
Xoria: You're missing the Phantoms.:P

Do I get the bragging rights now?:yahoo:

Also, you're missing the following underscored details (listed in the order of the current list, but should be rearranged to stay in alphabetical order):
  • BHG Bounty Hunters Guild;
  • BAF Bretonia Armed Forces;
  • IMG Independent Mining Guild;
  • IC Interspace Commerce;
  • KNF Kusari Naval Forces;
  • LPI Liberty Police Inc.;
  • (Orbital) Spa & Cruise.:rtfm:
In case you're wondering, I have years of work experience as a proofreader and typesetter, so I usually notice typos at a glance.:nono:

Juan_Arquero
Sorry, could you try to make a PDF version? Pleaseee?:D
Juan_Arquero,
Are you saying that the Phantoms are a NPC faction?
If so that is definitely news to me and I will add them.

As to the others, are you saying that those are PC Clans as well as NPC factions?
Otherwise, I'm not following you.

In any case, thank you for taking the time as I am a bit of a perfectionist.

Arthad,
Sorry, but I don't think that I have the software necessary to transform a word document into PDF format. I've never done such a thing before. Maybe someone else here can do it and post the file.

That list should be considered public domain. It is open to anyone's improvement, use, etc.
' Wrote:Juan_Arquero,
Are you saying that the Phantoms are a NPC faction?
If so that is definitely news to me and I will add them.

As to the others, are you saying that those are PC Clans as well as NPC factions?
Otherwise, I'm not following you.

Yes... the phantoms are a NPC fraction. Not to be taken lightly.
Ever heard of the "Temple"? Well, these beasts take care of all those little rule breakers. They show no mercy!

ANd the other fractions are NPC :laugh:
Dude, for a newb like me, this is awesome! Thanks alot!
File updated and new one uploaded per responders' corrections.
' Wrote:Arthad,
Sorry, but I don't think that I have the software necessary to transform a word document into PDF format. I've never done such a thing before. Maybe someone else here can do it and post the file.

That list should be considered public domain. It is open to anyone's improvement, use, etc.

I've taken the liberty of taking this task myself, Xoria, since you've already done this much. I've also taken the liberty of making the fonts a tad smaller so the blank page wouldn't show in the PDF file.

There it goes then, the PDF file as requested by Arthad. All rights reserved to Xoria.

If you want me to convert future releases of this list, feel free to PM me.
The QCO (Queen Carnia's Own) is unrepresented in this. We are a new BAF guild that started just a few days ago.
Pages: 1 2 3 4