Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: distress call to Toledo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
incoming transmission from freeport 11, omicron-delta

"This is a distress call from freeport 11, Jinx voluntary guard of the station. Troubling news have to be sent to the order; and advice of how to proceed.

Today while on guardduty, i was surprised by a Nomad cruiser heading at cruise speed towards freeport 11. Unfortunately i was in the back of my ship getting a coffee when it entered maximum sensor range, and only noticed the thread when it was too late.

the Nomad Ship made contact with freeport 11 and forced itself into the docking area, nothing could be done about it. its callsign was [OZN]............squirrel ( i m sorry but my memory leaves me there ). i know that is not much information but i remember it was something with squirrel.

upon alerting the station, the nomad ship answered ( which was a surprise ) and consented to leave the space after undocking. I do not know what happened inside the station while the ship was docked, but i fear the worst. apparently it wasn t the genuine nomads making contact, but probably those calling themselves "the wild". their ability to speak and interact was alarming, aswell as the fact that the ship was obviously alligned with one of the pirate factions (//ooc ah, no idea what tag that was )

while we zoners do not have too much experience with those matters, we might lay it into your skillful hands and decissions of what we shall do about it. maybe put freeport 11 under a quarantaine, but that would hurt the trade too much. maybe the order can investigate a bit into the direction of the origin of that nomad ship, because as far as i know, you guys have your eyes and ears everywhere.

possibly it wasn t a nomad ship at all - but some experimental ship or it was the long guard duty without sleep and too much coffee that started images in my head. it acted passivly and no shot was fired. it left omicron-delta without any trouble."

transmission end
Connection; Jinx
Comm Channel Opened -- CommID: Fleet Admiral DBoy of Black Squadron

Jinx, Admiral DBoy here... [OZN] and the Captain of the Cruiser '[OZN]RadioactiveSquirrel' have been warned about their Nomad craft experimentations. Testing the ships in an isolated area on Toledo is clear for the Order to do, but FLYING the ships is over stepping their bounds. A transmission has been sent to the OZN about this matter. They have 48 hours or they will be considered a Nomad infested group. If they don't rid of that horrible craft, we'll do it for them.

Admiral DBoy out
incoming transmission, freeport 11, satelite uplink

"good to hear that the order has it under control. i wasn t aware of those experiments, and had to fear an infestation at freeport 11. now with that matter settled, i am sure we can all sleep calmly in our bunks again. thanks for the prompt answer, - jinx out"

transmission end
Connection; Jinx
Comm Channel Opened -- CommID: Fleet Admiral DBoy of Black Squadron

I'm afraid to say the experimentations scenario is only a guess, as there seems to be no records of the Nomad experimentations under the OZN name. The Captain onboard the RadioactiveSquirrel seemed Human enough, though we never got any full scans of the target due to it running off. But as I say again, if the craft is not removed within 48 hours... Then we'll have to suspect the worst.

Admiral DBoy out
**INCOMING TRANSMISSION**
FROM: ENSIGN PRAETYRE QUINTANE, CAPTAIN OF THE T.O.S. THOTH
TO: Admiral Dustin Hoff, Zoner Security Volunteer Jinx, Admiral Adamson
SUBJECT: Nomadic Possession Rights

This news is incredibly disturbing, Admiral. And not only that, but diplomatically disastrous in more ways than one. According to generally recognized property claims and numerous interhouse treaties, all Nomadic vessels and brains are the de facto property of the Cambridge Research Institute and its Sunderland branch.

The possessor of the craft is not only in violation of common sense and Supreme Commander Orillion's Order Charter, but is also the possessor of what is the property of the Cambridge Research Institute. As of this message, neither the individual in question or OZN is in possession of an authorized license, making them in violation of the Nomadic Transportation Ban archived here; http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=766

Though I possess little authority to speak for the Order or Black Squadron, I am sure the Admiral will stand with me in saying that we will NOT tolerate the Nomadic unless it is either ours or the CRI's, and even then, we will only tolerate it if it is in a controlled and authorized environment.

If the OZN does not immediately reprimand the rogue captain of this cruiser, have the ship sent to our or the CRI's facilities and apologise, we will declare a state of war even our enemies will align with us on.

To Admiral Adamson, I issue a full apology for my past, scathing remarks and attacks upon your character. You were indeed right about Nomadic infestation, but you were set on the wrong faction. The rogue ship flying with the Hellfire Legion has not been sanctioned by the Hellfire Legion, but this ship bears the OZN's colours, and even though I may be at war with your men I'm sure we can both agree that there is a larger enemy at hand here.
**TRANSMISSION ENDS**

**INCOMING TRANSMISSION**
TO: Global
SUBJECT: Outrage!

This is surely outrage against manmasters! This is deigning violation against the natural order of the universe! This is blasphemy, this is madness! This is Soporofic, Prattish, Angering, Raging, Twisted Anger! The luck wish flies with manmasters! Death to hybrids!
**TRANSMISSION ENDS**
Opening communication channel to Freeport 11....
Comm ID: Ensign Massada
Target: Jinx, Order Fleets

Jinx, thank you for your ever watchful presence in Omicron Delta. Your reports have proven helpful in various situations. I have received the order from Admiral DBoy and will have my bomber at the ready should the 48 hour limit expire or the Nomad ship turn hostile.

Order pilots, nomad infestation is knocking at our doorstep and we are responsible for protecting human life in Sirius. Any suspicious activity should be reported immediately. There are reports of new Nomad Strongholds developing near our home system. This may be an indication of their increasing strength. I will up my investigations on these matters.

-Massada out

Closing Communication Channel....
Erasing source paths...