Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Kiriko Hidamari Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
' Wrote:outdated information
<strike>hello there, thought I may as well make a thread so I can recieve information/support and also give people a space to critique my character role play of Kiriko Hidamari.

She is a shy frail and tentative little girl who constantly tries to hide her real age from the people around her, physically weak she relies on the Clytemnestra "Cly" -her artificially intelligent hussar- to help her pilot the ship. She will be a little rude to kusari lawful/corporation or hostile mercenary players in a typically child like manner, normally by showing her tongue.

Generally she tries to always do her best and smile dispite the harsh racism she endures everyday from passing traders, Mollys, Gaians, Hogosha and even Bowex/BMM and BAF.

She since joined the Bretonia Police Authorty and has worked extremely hard, sometimes working herself to near death to gain the recognition she wants from her peers.

many questions some people will have, most have been explained
</strike>

Figured I could give Kiriko Hidamari a little bit of love in the feedback department.

so feel free to crit my character role play of Kiriko Hidamari, this also includes the Cly AI whom never leaves her side.

Her RP has gone on a long time and I have enjoyed every moment of it, even though it doesnt seem like it, this is a summary of the character RP, if i blabbed on about faction RP as well as her Life it would never end:D

-------- Summary --------

Kiriko has grown over the time she has been in Bretonia, starting off as a shy person almost too afraid to talk to Bretonians because she was Kusarian, to a girl who knows her way around without a map and can have long and detailed conversations with even the highest ranking Bretonian Admirals without a stutter.

When inside her hussar she becomes a much more formidable and confident person, helped by Cly's constant support for her ideas and general health. She can dogfight with the best of them and knows it, never afraid to enter combat if it means saving somebody from hostile attack..

outside of her ship, Kiriko is much more vulnerable to the elements and it shows, she becomes tired more easily and more easily afraid of circumstances that may appear to be beyond her control. however, now she is completely comfortable with talking and meeting people in person in Bretonia whereas a few years prior she wouldnt have dreamed of it.

The role play of Kiriko Hidamari is a double act, the "Cly" AI is always present wherever Kiriko goes and provides a needed minor confliction to Kiriko's often Gullible and impulsive nature, offering her a Objective and subjective opinions to consider in order to make sure she is really making the right decision.

In 2010 Kiriko was working so hard for the BPA that her physical condition became so poor that she had almost died, due to her need to stay with Cly, whom at that point was fixed into the chassis of the restored Hussar fighter and couldnt be removed. having being dragged kicking and screaming back home by her foster parent Shizuma Sakuragi (Heraklion), her parent then worked hard at finding a way to separate Cly from the ship so that Kiriko wouldnt go to the ship and most likley end up in space.

the result of this was a custom made PDA device housing a smaller version of the main AI, allowing Kiriko to bring Cly anywhere and everywhere, which is exactly what she does.

Cly
Cly is short for Clytemnestra, which is the AI's full title, it is the side of Kiriko's role play that players know the least about, the only obvious thing they know is that its an AI Kiriko treats as a friend and that they are always together.

Being a machine means Cly is mostly looking at things kiriko says and does from a outside viewpoint, allowing Kiriko the insight she needs to make the right choices. This isn't to say Cly can't make mistakes but often enough if enough information isn't present Cly will remain mostly quiet until it has found more, offering any assistance it can to Kiriko in that time with subjective opinions of a situation.

Cly has a young female sounding voice and as such Kiriko announces Cly as "she". Kiriko has always claimed Cly to be her best friend and doesnt like it when people analyse Cly to be a mere machine and will often not speak to that person for fear they will be mean to her friend. They are so closely intertwined that Kiriko often dreams of Cly and will almost always speak as if for a pair of people, saying "we" instead of "I", she includes Cly in all the activities she takes part in, Cly literally never leaves Kiriko's side even for a moment.

On its own Cly is actually much more devious without supervision from Kiriko, hacking into systems and databases out of curiousity, Cly has the ability to access almost any other electronic system at will, the only thing that is different is the time it takes to achive her objective.
Cly has a series of emoticons that it uses in order to get across much needed emotions to Kiriko and to other people to help them and Kiriko understand what Cly means and to help them break the "its just a machine" barrier, making Cly appear more personable and less cold. Sometimes Cly does have moments where it can interpret available facts into an order to make a dry humour joke, though they do not appear as jokes told for humorous purposes and are more similar to jabs they can get across the implied meaning rather well, and ofter gets her scolded by Kiriko for being mean.
-------- End Summary --------

Working around Bretonia for so long she has ironically become one of the most well known characters in Bretonia, If you have anything to say about her then you may feel free to do so now:)

much more information can be found on Kiriko's Wiki page if you are interested, feel free to check that out before commenting, if you make it back then i'll be glad to see you again:)

Information on Cly can be found here on the Clytemnestra's, Wiki

Kiriko's writen backstory, Kusari to Bretonia this is a short private story I am writing for my main character, I started it just a little before I joined discovery (seemingly all those years ago) the story is still unfinished. If you take the time to read it then thank you for that, please post any feedback you have in it.

:3, now, shoot people, im listening..:)
Hey ! Kiriko is nice, smart, funny and charming. Both the character and the RP are very enjoyable, just keep it as it is matey !

~Robert Senchou:)
Ya know what's coming now :cool:I've always had a great time RP'ing with Kiri, so much that I decided to include her into my Characters, Leonardo's, "family". I never really had anything to whine about your RP with Kiri, it's funny, interesting and, most importantly, authentic. Since you told me that you're really -into- your Character, that you even feel sad yourself if your Character does, I really respect that. All I can say is awesome, plain and simple.:)

<3

Imma give a bit of a mixed review...

Back when I was on my molly (nickbrock) I had really good (although crazy and funny rp)
But on my merc, tyronne, not so mush.
I think I've come through 3x on him and kinda got a cold shoulder.
First time you were talking to a baf and I went after you (funnily looking for work). Went to dublin to talk, you went to nl, docked and logged somewhere.
Second time I came through I said hi and you logged.
Third time you were fighting a GB and a black dragon fighter, offered assistance. Got turned down. Organized another merc RPr to drop by and lend a hand with the gunboat, no real reply.

I can.... Kinda understand. Although as a suggestion.
You are kind of a 1 man faction right now, if there are other BPA) I have never seen them, get some mercs to back you up.
' Wrote:Hey ! Kiriko is nice, smart, funny and charming. Both the character and the RP are very enjoyable, just keep it as it is matey !

~Robert Senchou:)
' Wrote: Ya know what's coming now :cool:I've always had a great time RP'ing with Kiri, so much that I decided to include her into my Characters, Leonardo's, "family". I never really had anything to whine about your RP with Kiri, it's funny, interesting and, most importantly, authentic. Since you told me that you're really -into- your Character, that you even feel sad yourself if your Character does, I really respect that. All I can say is awesome, plain and simple.:)

<3

aww Korny, and Roy.... you guys are also super awesome much love back to you both.

' Wrote:Imma give a bit of a mixed review...

Back when I was on my molly (nickbrock) I had really good (although crazy and funny rp)
But on my merc, tyronne, not so mush.
I think I've come through 3x on him and kinda got a cold shoulder.
First time you were talking to a baf and I went after you (funnily looking for work). Went to dublin to talk, you went to nl, docked and logged somewhere.
Second time I came through I said hi and you logged.
Third time you were fighting a GB and a black dragon fighter, offered assistance. Got turned down. Organized another merc RPr to drop by and lend a hand with the gunboat, no real reply.

I can.... Kinda understand. Although as a suggestion.
You are kind of a 1 man faction right now, if there are other BPA) I have never seen them, get some mercs to back you up.

heya man:), Kiri doesnt like Merc's at all and will normally avoid any kind of conversation with them (except for her Mother and Father who are mercs), since nearly every single one she see's tries to kill her:(about the time I went to NL and logged off, I went to the battleship there because I needed to go, sorry for being a little ignorant, thats my bad.

I didnt turn down your help from that fight, but when im fighting, I cant type, it just doesnt work i cant type fast enough to do it in a fight, if I stop for even a second I just get killed, and alot of the time i cant read during a fight either because im concentrating only on not dieing. so just join in next time and assist me, we can sort the payment out afterwards:)

I have inspired a few other people to become members of the BPA so activity is getting better slowly.

thank you for your feedback Veronee, I appreciate it.
Kiri is alot of fun and you RP her awesome. I regret that there are so many haters who claim a Kusari serving in the BPA doesn't make sense... IF it's RP'ed well... everything makes sense!
You're the best in <strike>bed</strike> that hussar.
Jailbait.

All i got to say.

~K.
' Wrote:You're the best in that hussar.
I must agree.
guys i appreciate the bump.. but, please comment on the character RP.. lol :ylove::sleep:
Pages: 1 2