Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The rebirth of the Buccaneers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[font=Comic Sans Ms]Lonnie smiled as he entered the bar on Trafalgar. The place was exactly like he remembered it: full of thugs, whores, gamblers, dealers, smugglers and just generic ne'er-do-wells.

He made his way where he expected to find Andrew... At the poker tables of course. Andrew always had a soft spot for poker, ever since he could remember. And to tell the truth, so did Lonnie.

He slapped Andrew on the back with such force he'd feel it for the next 2 days at the least:

[color=#FF6600]"Oi, silly old bugger, who's yer friend 'ere? And could you perhaps share with me what'r'ye up to anyway?"

Andrew: Arghh... I see that your salute didn't change. Take a sit, you lazy scum. Oh and here's some rum from our buddy, Jack. Now ears to me coz I got a lot to tell you. You know about those pirates, the Buccaneers? Yeah... well, they are kinda out of business. Many of them were caught, killed or got too old for this bull****. Now, before they went down, our old buddies from BAF took damaged their main ship, the Leviathan. This was a prison liner of some sort, captured by those guys long ago... blah blah. Anyway, I met a guy that knew quite a lot about this ship. He told me that the ship is somewhere in Leeds. Now, here's what I think: If we manage to find the ship, we can ask the junkers to re-pressurize it and we can use it as our base. We can do what the old Buccaneers were doing which is a lot of fun. And we can get rich. Like... very rich. The only problem is that Leeds is a God damn big system and we don't know the exact location of the ship. That's why I called you here.
Andrew pointed to the corridor leading to the lower levels where it used to be the Buccaneers Bay.
Andrew: I'm hoping to find some information, something to link us to the Leviathan. God knows... maybe they got a special tracking device for the ship in here. Worth a try, no? If we can't find anything, we will have to search it ourselves and this will take some time. Another idea would be to pay explorers and freelancers to find it but this I don't like because they could steal it from us. Besides, we have no money.
He took a bottle of rum and drunk its content. Then he went to a more darkish corner of the room and he pulled his hat over the eyes, trying to get some sleep.
Andrew: Now go and do something, I need to rest. Oh and watch if any new faces appear, I'm waiting for more people.

Silance has befallen over Trafalgar. Used to the noise, Andrew woke up looked around him and noticed that a few junkers were sleeping over the tables. His friends, Jack and Lonnie were also too drunk to care about anything. He decided to go to the Buccaneers Bay and not wait for the others. He couldn't see anything in the dark corridor and he almost hit his head on a rusty door. He tried to open it but he couldn't. It was stuck. He searched a console to see if it needs a code and he found it.
Andrew: Great! This thing needs a code... Where is that old buccaneer when you need him? I hope that Lonnie haven't forgot his hacker skills.
Andrew went back to the bar and on the way he hit something with his left foot.
Andrew: Bloody hell! Ahhh... what's this?
He picked up a data-pad from a little slot in the wall and he realized it belonged to a Buccaneer.
Andrew: Looks like they left in a hurry. I need to recharge it.
Took the device and asked the bartender if there was any way to charge it. Despite it was an old model, the junkers had the possibilities to recharge the batteries and he found the codes for the door. Inside the Buccaneer Bay, he found nothing useful. Just some vague comments on the Leviathan being in Leeds.
Andrew: There's nothing here... only junk. The hell with it! I'm going to Leeds.
He kicked Lonnie and Jack to wake them up.
Andrew: Hey, you two, wake up! We're going to Leeds. Wake up! We're not waiting for the others. Let's go!
"Huh? Oh! We need to take the Bounty. I'd rather not go through the spaceport, and it has some.....modifications that should help with getting on the planet undetected." that prototype atmospheric entry shield looted from a military transport had come in handy many times.

"I *hic* know where a Buccaneer ground base is. I'll get some of the prospects to look after your ships."

Seeing that Malcolm managed to get to Trafalgar and had an idea on how to get on Leeds, Andrew replied:
Andrew: I'm glad you made it. I will take my Gold Rush. I don't think I'm on the wanted list so it shouldn't be a problem for me to get through the docking ring. Sparrow has no ship for now. He will come with you.
Andrew wend directly to his ship and powered up the engines. He undocked fast and didn't wait for the others. He was thinking "They know the way to Leeds" so he didn't stop till he landed on Leeds. Riots, crime and robbery were the key words on this planet. The evacuation was a disorganized fight for survival now.
Andrew: Ah... the place to be, said Andrew when he got off the Gold Rush.
He contacted Malcolm and the others to ask for coordinates of the Buccaneers secret facility.

"Hang on, some BPA wing picked us up bein' all stealth-like, sending you the coordinates. We'll loose 'em in a sec, about to hit atmo. Scotty, fire up the atmo shield!" "Aye, on it! hittin' atmo now."

A few minutes later anyone looking up on the top level of the right corner of Leeds was witness to a heavily modified Percheron, flames trailing around the edge of the atmo-shield, come screaming down into one of the urbanscape's many canyons. A few minutes later, in the part of Leeds where there wasn't much sunlight, the Bounty landed in a concealed hangar in the side of an old warehouse.

Coming down the ramp, Jack saw a shuttle with Andrew in it park in an empty space. Up ahead, the biggest man either of them had ever seen, carrying a gun that looked like it would be mounted on a vehicle, came out of the door. Andrew had second thoughts about coming here on seeing him, but Jack recognized him immediately.

"John! How ya been? What're you doing in this hellhole?"

"Not much. Scaring off the homeless that get to curious. Who's this guy?" he asked, gesturing at Andrew with the big gun.

"Oh, right. Andrew Roger, meet John Morris." Seeing John's glare, he quickly added: "And his gun. He calls it Vera. It's apparently his very favorite one."

Andrew: Hah... Hullo! I am afraid my gun is not that... big. This is Hans. I got him from a crazy rheinlander. It's very precise. Now... I would like to take a look around. Malcolm, it would be nice to tell him why we are here.
While they were discussing, Andrew already scanned the place but found nothing to capture his attention.
Andrew: We should wait for the others and... erm... I think I'll rest for a day or two. I don't feel in a good shape to explore the system right now.

Pages: 1 2 3