Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Project: Eris Ex Machina
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Entry 1
24 June 818 A.S

This is Annette Donut of the TAZ, reporting in.
This experiment, being performed by Optimusjamie, will be the first of its kind: A human brain powering an AI drone of the kind found on Planet Gammu (Optimusjamie uses 'Artificial Intelligence' rather loosely, or so he says).
Current experiment stage: Resource aquisition and subject preparation.
Experiment codename: Eris Ex Machina (A oun on Deus Ex Machina).
Supplemental entry:

I don't know how he did it, but we're almost ready to start. Right now, I need to spend some time with the robots, learning their ways and all that. I'll be spending some time on Gammu and around that area.
Optimusjamie will be negotiating with the robots for use of a drone and with A.D.M.I.N (via Doc Holliday) to secure the paperwork. I have also been given permission to share this log with the TAZ members.
Entry 2
6 July 818 A.S

I was low on supplies, so I headed to Freeport 11. I said that I was on an expedition to Gammu, but Uncle Steve tried to hold me back. He says that if I spend too much time with the machines, I'll become one of them. If only he could know...

Entry 3
10 July 818 A.S

Looks like Jamie's ready. He's coming to meet me on the 17th. Quite a lot of the machines are interested in me. I can't blame them.
Entry 4
17 July 817 A.S

Jamie's gonna do the transfer in half an hour. I couldn't understand a word of his explanation, but I trust him. I'll be spending a few days in the life-support tank to make sure everything works. Once that's done, he's gonna hook me up into my ship's computer so I can test the flight controls. When he's sorted out the bugs there, he'll get the drone ready.
Entry 5
18th July 818 A.S
Right, testing interf-*Static* Quark dingbat double-helix badger-*Static*-ace. It's screwed up. Jamie says he's gonna fix it, but apparantly his main concern is getting the ship ready. He's gonna meet up witht his girl called Reina (my sister's girlfriend) to help witht he ship but-*static* LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROY JENKINS-*Static*-it's gonna take two weeks, starting on the 29th.
Entry 6
25 July 818 A.S

Interface has been fixed. Jamie's working on my ship, but it's gonna take a few hours.
Entry 7
9 Augist 818 A.S

Hooked up to the Spatial a few days ago, but I've just been getting used to the firmware. NWill go out for a test run later.
Entry 8
10 August 818 A.S

Jamie's sent me the Mobile Intergrated Life Function Supporter. A list of pro's and con's was enclosed.

PROS:
  • Sure to attcract boyfriends (or girlfriends),
  • Everything has failsafes (even the failsafes),
  • Designed to resemble your 'real' appearence.
CONS:
  • The acronym.
A masterpiece of enigineering, both inside and out. I'll take it to Club Discordia later.
Entry 9,
August 19, 818 A.S

Because of an undesirable change to the required IFF code changes by the AI ID, Projcet: Eris Ex Machina will be brought ot a stop at it's current prog-

::WARNING- EXOSKELETON RUPTURE DETECTED::
::LIFE SUPPORT FAILING::
::VITAL SIGNS ARE DROPPING::
::FAILSAFES ENGAGED::
::WARNING: CRITICAL FAILSAFE FAILURE::
::EMERGENCY: USER DEATH IMMINENT::
::INSUFFICIENT POWER- ACTIVATING EMERGENCY LIFE SUPPPORT FUNCTIONS::

*An evil laugh is heard that rapidly fades*