Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Jiyuu Kunrin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The Jiyuu Kunrin

[Image: tiger21680x1df050copy.jpg]

[color=#FFFFFF]*The Eye represents the vigilance of the Jiyuu Kunrin in protecting the rights and freedoms of Kusari's people, while the red coloring represents the lives lost in doing so.

Meaning
*Translations not 100% Accurate.

Jiyuu - Freedom

Kunrin - Reign

The Jiyuu Kunrin - The Reign of Freedom

History

The Jiyuu Kunrin is led by the direct descendant of the only bastard son of the Third Blood Dragon Generation Tai-Shogun, Jiyuu Hideyoshi the IV. After the death of the Third Blood Dragon Generation Tai-Shogun, his heir, now known in history as the Fourth Blood Dragon Generation Tai-Shogun, came into power.

The Fourth Blood Dragon Generation Tai-Shogun was an extremely paranoid man, and he believed that his half-brother, Jiyuu Hideyoshi was planning a coup d'etat against him, and had him executed without trial on suspicion of treason and the endangerment of the Blood Dragon Movement.

The rest of Jiyuu's family was scheduled to be executed, however, due to revolts of many outraged Blood Dragons, they were spared. When released, the Blood Dragon Shogunate decreed that people who acknowledged Jiyuu's heir, and his family, as heirs of Hideyoshi, as well as Jiyuu's heir himself, would never be allowed to join any sub-groups within the Blood Dragons, for fear of conspiracy.

Eventually, those who supported the legacy of Jiyuu were pushed off of Kyoto by Blood Dragons who claimed it dishonorable to support someone who wasn't their beloved leader, the Tai-Shogun. Fearing for their lives, they scattered to the small Blood Dragon installations, trying to get farther and farther away from Kyoto, and established new homes there.

[size=small][color=#000000]Present Day and Goals

While today, the ban has been lifted, they are not allowed to join the Rising Sons movement. Rather, they have formed their own movement, the Jiyuu Kunrin, or the Reign of Freedom, led by a descendant of Jiyuu Hideyoshi. The Jiyuu Kunrin currently controls it's own military fleet, while not as powerful as the group known as the Rising Sons, they are currently the second largest group within the Blood Dragons, and are secretly supported by many of the Blood Dragon Members.

The Jiyuu Kunrin wish to overthrow the current corrupt emperor, however, they do not wish to restore the Blood Dragon Shogunate. What would be accomplished if the Shogunate was restored? In Kusari, no rights are given to the people, they do not have the freedom to chose. If the Shogunate would be restored, this would still be the case. The people of Kusari deserve the rights given to the populace of the more democratic nations of Sirius, like Bretonia and Liberty. If the Rising Sons' goal was achieved, rather than using an Absolute Monarchy like Kusari uses now, it would merely shift to an Oligarchy. The Jiyuu Kunrin wishes to establish a Constitutional Monarchy and give more rights to every Kusarian Citizen, including Women, such as the right to elect their leaders and vote on key government policies, and Freedom of Speech.

In order to establish the new government in Kusari, the Blood Dragons must be united, and at the moment, the Blood Dragons are far from that. The Jiyuu Kunrin believe that the time that the Empire will be at its weakest is soon approaching, and if the Blood Dragons are divided, they will not be able to take advantage of this coming opportunity. They are slowly biding their time until they can grow powerful enough, and gain enough support to remove the Blood Dragon Shogunate from power.

Diplomacy

Allied

NONE

Friendly

Golden Chrysanthemums
Blood Dragons

Neutral

Everyone else

Special Relations

[color=#FF99FF]Rising Sons While they are Blood Dragons the Jiyuu Kunrin has never gotten along with the Rising Sons. They are the elite order within the Blood Dragons and are the military arm of the Tai-Shogun. While we have never engaged in open hostilities with them, there is a clear hatred between our two groups.

The Order The Order claims to protect Sirius from the Alien Threat known as the Nomads, and to do so, they occasionally need to use the facilities of the Blood Dragons as bases of operations. Our stance towards the Order is based on the individual diplomacy of our members, rather than our group as a whole.

Outcasts While the Outcasts are Gajin, and despite the fact most members despise the Cardamine trade, they are allies to the Golden Chrysanthemum movement and we mustn't engage in hostile actions towards them. However, our opinion towards the Outcasts isnt based on the entire movement, but rather the individual opinions of our members

GMG - The Gas Miners Guild has a secret relationship with the Blood Dragons. Much Blood Dragon equipment was funded by the GMG. However, the funding and equipment is being utilized by the Rising Sons movement and the Tai-Shogun. Rather than have hostile relations with the GMG, the Jiyuu Kunrin believes that the funding coming from the GMG would be better utilized by themselves than by the Tai-Shogun. The Jiyuu Kunrin believes that if they can convince the GMG to cut off the Tai-Shogun from funding, and instead give it to themselves that they would strike a crucial blow to the Tai-Shogun. So, they are trying to establish better relations with the GMG in hopes they can secure a valuable ally in the times to come.

Unfriendly

[color=#FF9900]Bounty Hunters Guild
Gaians
Corsairs
Kishiro Technologies
Bretonia Armed Forces

Hostile

Kusari State Police
Kusari Naval Forces
Samura Industries
Hogosha
Farmers Alliance
Nomads

Ranks

[color=#000000]Shogun

[color=#FFFFFF]The Shogun is the leader of the Jiyuu Kunrin, and his powers are kept in check by the Jouingiin, while he still plays an important role in the government branch of the Jiyuu Kunrin, it is the decisions of the Jouingiins that count the most. The only time a new Shogun can be appointed is if the current Shogun dies or forfeits power to his heirs.

Jouingiin

[color=#FFFFFF]Jouingiin, or in Gajin Tongue, Senators, are the elected leaders of the Jiyuu Kunrin. They are elected to serve as Senators for three month terms, and help manage the Jiyuu Kunrin alongside the Shogun. When the current Shogun dies or resigns they decide which of his heirs takes power.

Shikan

[color=#FFFFFF]Shikan are the commanders of the various battle groups that operate within the Jiyuu Kunrin. Every 3 months, there will be an election within the Jiyuu Kunrin for the Jouingiin positions. These are the only members who are eligible for the election.

Gougun

[color=#FFFFFF]Gouguns are the members of the Jiyuu Kunrin who have been deemed worthy to be elevated from the recruit status of the Rikuru-To. They have earned their place within the Jiyuu Kunrin by either showing great skills in combat, tactics, or a mixture of the two.

Rikuru-To

[color=#FFFFFF]The new recruits of the Jiyuu Kunrin, they are treated with disrespect by the more senior members as a sort of initiation process. Training in the Jiyuu Kunrin isn't conducted by members in simulations fighting others, but rather, through real battles, if they show skills in these battles then they'll be promoted to the Gougun rank.

Policies
*Our Policies for things such as Gajin, and Piracy

Gajin

Gajin are a controversial subject within the Jiyuu Kunrin. Many members are much more accepting of Gajin due to the less traditionalist ideas of the Jiyuu Kunrin than most Blood Dragons. However, some members still retain much of the traditional ideology that most Kusarians have. Due to general consensus ( 73% ) which was recorded during the one of the many voting sessions that take place throughout the year. Gajin are not to be harassed unless they show clear affiliation to Samura, the Empire, or the Farmers Alliance and Hogosha. Or unless they show clear hostilities to the Golden Chrysanthemum's or Members of the Blood Dragons who are not affiliated with the Rising Sons movement.

Honor

Honor. Honor is the basis for everything that occurs in Kusari. Many could claim, that entire Blood Dragon movement, was formed, on the principals of honor. That the only reason the Blood Dragons fight to restore the Hideyoshi Dynasty is because it was dishonorable for the current regime, to take power in the way they did. However, honor is not law in the Jiyuu Kunrin. Honor is not the basis for everything that is accomplished. Many members in the Jiyuu Kunrin believe that honor is what is holding back the Blood Dragons from taking back the throne of Kusari, and thus Honor is not required to become a member of the Jiyuu Kunrin. Fights with even odds are often lost. Why fight fair when you can assure victory by fighting unfair? This is the philosophy many Jiyuu Kunrin members follow. However, some of the more traditionalist members still follow the traditions of honor that have become a permanent part of Kusarian life. And so, having a sense of honor remains entirely up to the individual.

Piracy

Piracy is another controversial subject within the Jiyuu Kunrin. However, unlike our Gajin Policies, the required majority of 60% of the Jiyuu Kunrin's members to agree or disagree on a policy has not been met. Currently, our policy on Piracy, although it is subject to change, is as follows. You are not to engage in acts of Piracy unless there is a member of the Golden Chrysanthemums movement is present. When engaged in acts of Piracy, you are to demand no more than 1.000.000 credits from a trader. However, Cargo can be taken freely, as long as it is brought back to one of our bases of operations. You are not to pirate in anything bigger than a bomber, the few Capital Ships we do possess cannot be risked in acts of thievery.

Recruitment

After a long debate, a method of recruitment was drawn up by the Jouingiin, and 92% of the member base decided to vote for the recruitment law being passed, the law is as follows. We do not openly recruit within the Blood Dragons, if you wish to join, you will come to a representative of the Jiyuu Kunrin and provide sufficient evidence that you are joining for the betterment of Kusari, and that you support our ideologies. If you are deemed worthy, you will be given either a Tanto Light Fighter, or a Katana Very Heavy Fighter, depending on your style of combat. Remember our motto, and use it to guide yourself when in service of the Jiyuu Kunrin.

Naming Conventions

Fighters/Bombers

Rikuru-To - Kunrin|R-Callsign

Gougun - Kunrin|G-Callsign

Shikan - Kunrin|S-Callsign

Jouingiin - Kunrin|J-Callsign

Shogun - Kunrin|Sh-Callsign

Capital Ships

Gunboats - Kunrin[GB]-Ship.Name

Cruisers - Kunrin[C]-Ship.Name

FAQ

Q: If you've been kicked off Kyoto where do you base out of?

A: Currently, the Sendai Research Complex is where we plan to make our headquarters. As we were pushed off of Kyoto, the Blood Dragon base farthest away from Kyoto is the Sendai Research Complex. Sendai is also underused and does not see many dragons frequent the base, which makes it perfect for our headquarters, away from the vast majority of the Tai-Shogun's supporters.

Q: So wait, you've been kicked off Kyoto, does that mean that you no longer have docking rights?

A: No. The Shogunate didn't banish us from Kyoto, it was the people on board Kyoto who drove us out. While we do retain docking rights, visits to Kyoto are restricted to visiting family members, purchasing equipment, and Diplomatic Missions to the Imperial Court, with the approval of the Shogunate.

Q: You've stated you don't support the Tai-Shogun, does that mean that you don't obey the Shogunate?

A: Well, we don't want to obey the Tai-Shogun and his Shogunate, however they rule over the Blood Dragons, and must be obeyed if we don't want an open war on our hands.

Q: So, you don't like the Rising Sons, does that mean that when they're fighting groups like the KNF or Hogosha, you don't help them?

A: Yes, that's exactly what it means. Unless we're ordered to do so by a member of the Shogunate, we'll let the Rising Sons fend for themselves.

If you're interested in this faction or have any questions feel free to talk to me over PM's Skype, or post them here.
Really like what I'm seeing here, interesting take on the Blood Dragons.

Like the unique approach and not just a copy-paste of the Blood Dragon NPCs but that you take their lore and create something new.

I really hope you get the activity up for this Faction so you can interact with us Hogoshans.

Some minor details you need to possibly fill out are naming convention, technology list as well as ID/IFF even though it's obvious. But perhaps you are just looking for Role-Play feedback for now.
Yes, I don't plan to go in-game with this until the role-play has been worked out, and hopefully approved by the community. So, the naming conventions at the moment remain undecided.

EDIT: Technology and IFF/ID, as well as ZOI will be added soon, even if it's pretty obvious, I just need to write it up. And, we are going to have a different ZOI than the Rising Sons, while the story isn't done yet, a few things in their will be added to show why we'll operate in some slightly different areas than most Blood Dragons.

EDIT 2: Added to the Story and added the Policies section.
I was going to accept your app today. Guess not. Anywho, to me, it's so so.. i suppose it could work.. sorta. And i would post what the guys in our skype chat have been saying about this, but it's too graphic.
Great idea you got there, looks like a mix of the GC and the Dragon ideas. The history part could need some more informations and the things that were already mentioned should be added.
Lets see how this works out here and ingame, but I think there is much potential in it.
' Wrote:I was going to accept your app today. Guess not. Anywho, to me, it's so so.. i suppose it could work.. sorta. And i would post what the guys in our skype chat have been saying about this, but it's too graphic.

Speaks volumes about the maturity level.
' Wrote:Speaks volumes about the maturity level.

That. >.>
' Wrote:I was going to accept your app today. Guess not. Anywho, to me, it's so so.. i suppose it could work.. sorta. And i would post what the guys in our skype chat have been saying about this, but it's too graphic.

This was a very unnecessary input since you hardly provided with any reasons why it was bad/good.

Simply excusing yourself that you have alot to say but since it's too graphic you can't say it, is a lame attempt to throw mud at them. Surely if it was so bad that you didn't accept the idea then you could form a few opinions without adding swearwords to it. The fact that you are one of the leaders. if not the faction leader of the ]bd[ makes this a far more of an utter disgrace. Not a behavior you should show as an Official Faction.

And even more relevant to this Faction since you are the Official Blood Dragons.
After talking to the Blood Dragons about their concerns (Which were mostly misunderstandings due to the fact that things could be better explained) I'm going to do a bit of editing to the document to make sure that anyone else who may have had the concerns that the Blood Dragons had are explained to them.

EDIT: Added the FAQ Section, if there are any questions you think should be added, PM me them, or post them here, so I can make sure that there are no misunderstandings.

EDIT 2: Added honor to the policies section.
Any critiques/questions for the faction document in it's current form? I'll be moving on to the Technology and Ship usage stuff tomorrow, but before I do that, I'd like to make sure what I have at the moment is decent.
Pages: 1 2 3