Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Faction Activity Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
' Wrote:I understand why QCP is included here, but would be keen to make a suggestion:

The RM, for instance, should have much more members than the LWB. An LWB faction being forced to have lots of members would be detrimental to their RP as a small faction, effectively forcing them to be something that they are not.

This is a keen point. The RM, as it fights a great many things, and covers a rather important area, has more impact than the LWB does, and needs higher activity.

For instance, the KNF should be more active than the GC or the BD or the Aoi Isejein, because they interact with all of those, as well as Outcasts and Bretonia.

The question, then, is whether faction activity requirements should account for the relative importance of factions, and how that could be achieved.

Opinions?
' Wrote:This is a keen point. The RM, as it fights a great many things, and covers a rather important area, has more impact than the LWB does, and needs higher activity.

For instance, the KNF should be more active than the GC or the BD or the Aoi Isejein, because they interact with all of those, as well as Outcasts and Bretonia.

The question, then, is whether faction activity requirements should account for the relative importance of factions, and how that could be achieved.

Opinions?

I have felt this way since this new system of activity measurement went into effect (even before when all factions no matter the NPC size needed the same number of members to be considered official.) There should be some way to encourage membership in the factions that should be large without penalizing factions that should be small. They shouldn't be viewed using the same set of criteria.

I concur. For what its worth.
Agreed, the small factions are suffering pretty badly.
how big are nomads supposed to be?

how much impact do the wild have?

what about the LSF?

are there any ingame hints to categorize every faction? - for that... what exactly are small factions and what are big ones. - surely, no playerbase can reflect the size of a NPC faciton anyway.

so who is to say which faction may be less active and which faction may be more active. the admin team? the general perception?
Why not put official requirements on par with system request requirements? Smaller factions have a lower member requirement.

For example, military and major factions must have 8, while smaller less significant factions need the bare minimum of 5.

: Igiss obviously had no problems, seeing as there are already membership requirements for all factions in the system request thread.
' Wrote:are there any ingame hints to categorize every faction? - for that... what exactly are small factions and what are big ones. - surely, no playerbase can reflect the size of a NPC faciton anyway.
I'll take a wild stab at this one.

Each house has a military. They're pretty important. Probably the most important, maybe they should be three times as active as the current minimum.

My next tier of activity would be the OC, the Hessians, and the Corsairs. They're pretty big, primary bad guys and kingpins for entire regions.

Then the IMG, Keepers, and the GMG

Next up a primary tradefaction, choose one for each house, or average between a few. Whatever.

Then Police and secondary pirate/splinter groups (this is every pirate organization in Kusari (but there's five of them, if you count the Aoi isjien) the Unioners and the LWB, the Xenos and the LH the gaians. Include in this tier the zoner groups that make up the ZA, and the mollies.

and finally the rest of the corporations.

EDIT: I seem to have ignored Gallia, but I'll wager, with my less than concrete understanding of Gallia, that the same model holds.
and thats the problem about it...

what if i say that :

- keepers as part of a more than sirius wide faction need to be superactive
- corsairs / outcasts as almost houses, but without structured military / dedicated military - are second
- trading factions as the blood of sirius are next
- house militaries are forth, cause they are branches of a govermental structure
- splinterfactions are fifth

the problem is - its subjective - and there are reasons for assigning a faction to be more or less active. - and its a huge disadvantage to require like 8 active members compared to like 3 or so.

the above is just an example - but if i WANT to - i can find reasons for every faction to be active or less active... it depends on my intention.
' Wrote:the above is just an example - but if i WANT to - i can find reasons for every faction to be active or less active... it depends on my intention.
Jinx, I dare you to come up with a coherent explanation for why the LWB should be more active than the RM, or the Gaians more active than the BAF, or the GC more active than the KNF, or the LH more active than the LN
I see the point, but to me it's more of "Not me? Then not you either." Sure, they can be a bit more active. But three times more? Not everyone in a military faction has the time to be on say, three nights per week, or three hours per day. And even if they do, not everyone wants to always play Freelancer. Hell, I enjoy a good game of L4D myself, or I like to play a little fallout. If I knew that the moment I hop on Skype, the only game I'm going to be playing is Freelancer just so I can meet some activity norm, I'm out of here. Rotate the members? Not everyone wants to join a military faction. And not every military faction hires every single random Joe they see.
Pages: 1 2