Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Lightningflashes over the magellan sky
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Transmission from New London, Central insurence bureau - Spaceport

"Today the Persephone was crippled beyond repair in the magellan system at the Liberty Jumphole to California when the Nomad Battleship Harbinger and the Persephone engaged each other. An angry battle broke out with all turrets blazing deadly beams of light at each other.
In the end, the hull of persephone was crackling and I had to launch the escape pod, but the last thing i saw was the heavily damaged harbinger retreating back to its hidout.

the Bretonian shipyard replaced the basic ship quickly - but it will take a long time untill its fully funtional again. technicians will be called to freeport 11 for that duty. hopefully the harbinger will need time to regenerate, too. sadly though the harbinger was able to beam a load of nomad weapons on board."

Ps.: i thank my insurence company for replacing the ship and paying for the required repairs without complaints. :laugh:

//ooc: nice fight - and makes me think of buying a bit more capship armor
**Incoming Transmission from Planet Toledo, Omicron Minor**
**Comm ID: Ensign Massada, Black Squadron**

Jinx,
It troubles me to hear that the Harbinger is so active that deep into the galaxy. I hope that this encounter has not traumatized you. Please contact our Order agent in Cambridge, Comms Code: *********. They will examine you for any early signs of Nomad Infestation and extract any infections thereof.

Order Pilots,
The Nomad ship Harbinger is attacking the people of Sirius far from the border territories. We have obviously made a misstep somewhere. I am requesting for an order to hunt the Harbinger to keep the people safe and to correct our failure in defending Sirius from this threat. I await executive orders.

Massada out...
transmission from the london spaceport, public message interface:
*** to the cambridge institude of research and Battleship Isis in orbit of planet toledo ***

"The events are as follows: - after the destruction of the nomad battleship "harbinger" by mercenaries, freeport 11 received warnings from several - but yet not specified individuals, that claimed not to be in touch with the nomad, but having a thorough understanding of that being in particular.
it was said, that the nomad in question was known to be peaceful and rather different to the rest of its species. and that it was to hold back other nomads from launching a full scale assault on the rim systems again. the origin of those informations is unknown - but the hideout of the nomad battleship appears to be close to the hacker systems. so information might have been gathered by one of their legendary sensor arrays.

it is true that the nomad ship acted most strangely in the past - not close to the aggression level of other, more common nomads which appear regularly in delta and in kappa.
but today, the nomad ship acted like a nomad is expected to act. it set a straight intercept course, even used the tradelanes - which means that it learned to use human technology.

it attacked with the full force, either as a reaction to the recent attacks on itself or cause of a change of mind.
all in all, it appears that it has put some efford into understanding the humans in sirius - but its unclear to what purpose. - it is highly dangerous. i had no chance to scan it for human equipment parts, weapons or armors - cause i was too busy working on channelling the fire on it. - but i can say for sure that it turned out to be much tougher than any other nomad battleship encountered throughout the known nomad systems.

further investigations must be done. but for now, the persephone will remain docked untill fully functional again and i will take a liner back to freeport 11."

end of transmission
I commend the Commanding Officer and crew of the Persephone for a gallant fight.
Once the Persephone is operational again, an honor guard of united Sirians ought to be present to offer their gratitude for such valiant service on our behalf.
Unfortunately, the story only gets worse.
Apparently, the Harbinger has taken up residence in Magellan for the purpose of "recruitment".
Last night, I and a wingman were attacked in the Unknown system between Planets Primus and Gammu by two Nomad Ships squaking Lane Hacker identification codes.
My wingman was destroyed after the infected Lane Hackers (if they can still be called that) called in "run-of-the-mill" nomad fighters for support.
I barely managed to escape to Omicron Gamma. The infected Lane Hackers pursued me half-way to the Omega 41 jump hole.
Garbled Comm messages alluding to "I will avenge" were received before and after the fight.
The comm codes emanating from the two nomad ships were "Blitz" and "Taurvi", who are doubtlessly recent additions to the missing persons list at Mactan Base.
In addition to the threat of Nomads once again taking over human bodies, human weapons systems had been integrated into the Nomad fighter's arsenal.
This menace is growing, not dissipating.
We must learn from the lessons of the past, and put aside our petty differences to unite behind The Order to eradicate this virulent force from Sirius before it is too late. At the very least, the Unknown systems ought to be considered a ceasefire zone whenever Nomad infected humans are detected, so that all humans regardless of creed can unite to defeat this threat.

Scans confirming these facts are provided.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e15/rnat...is/screen16.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e15/rnat...is/screen15.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e15/rnat...is/screen13.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e15/rnat...is/screen12.jpg
**Incoming Transmission from Freeport 11, Omicron Delta**
**Comm ID: Ensign Massada, Black Squadron**

The ship you identify as Taurvi actually precedes the Harbinger and may have some relationship to it. Bs| has encountered this Taurvi a few times in Omicron Minor and Major. My intelligence reports tell me that Taurvi may actually be a human but no longer one as we interpret. Mangled and a destroyed mess of what once was human. I hypothesize that Harbinger is under the influence of Taurvi and the Harbinger itself is a Nomad. Please proceed with caution and report ot Cambridge Research Facility or Battleship Isis for evaluation after any encounter.

Massada out...
INCOMING TRANSMISSION...
DECODING...
SCANNING SOURCE...

Comm ID: Denelo Mori
Target ID: Jinx, Malaclypse
Encryption: None

*BEGINNING TRANSMISSION*

News Report

I warned you. I warned you, and you failed to evacuate the civilians. And because of that, many are dead, and more than a few have been driven almost mad by the horror of it. Because of you, the people you were supposed to protect are dead. And what's this I saw in the news report? You ran from your duty? I will not continue for fear of snorting in disgust.

Malaclypse, I will say it now. I told you so, you poor, rude man. Please learn some self control in the future. Maybe this will show you that this Nomad issue is worth discussing. If you had not refused me my say, we could have more than likely stopped this before it happened.

You have both failed quite utterly.

*END TRANSMISSION*
Malaclypse to Denelo Mori:

Say what you will of me, Mori. If you feel that I have somehow "let down" the Zoners of Sirius, then that is your bloody perrogative.

But, need I remind you that there are "Zoners" much closer to hand than the TAZ? I refer of course to a bloody Juggernaut owned by Madam Jinx, which appears to do little to oppose the threat, while she wrings her hands in trepidation. I also refer of course to our fellow Council members, the Asgard Warriors. Why were they not called to defend against this threat?

I find it amusing, you officious turd, that you would expect the TAZ's fleet of trading ships, composed of whales, trains, bloody Kushan freighters, and Kusari lux liners to jump into a fray with Nomad vessels.

Now, your "Nomad Threat" is worth discussing. I have not and did not take issue with that. I did take issue with the way you pompously strode into our Council Chambers and walked all over its procedures and agenda with your hobnailed boots. Had you had the good graces to wait for the Motion at hand to be decided, you would have had your chance to dribble out your precious information while we all sat aghast at your wondrous proclamations.

Your brother Tarlkor is still welcome to discuss this issue in Council, Denelo. But you sir, are like an old curmudgeon doling out single bits of penny candy to a child on Halloween.

I have suddenly lost my appetite.

Malaclypse
INCOMING TRANSMISSION...
DECODING...
SCANNING SOURCE...

Target ID: Malaclypse

*BEGINNING TRANSMISSION*

I was not saying you should have fought. I was saying you should not have stopped the issue in your "council". There were more pressing issues at hand than whether or not some mercenaries could vote. Our could have at least asked for a temporary evacuation. I believe YOU are the one who tried to FORCE me to leave AFTER I'd already OFFERED TO! You are COMPLETELY ignoring that fact. Poor man. I really don't envy you for the barrage of requests to remove you from the Council that will more than likely come next.

*END TRANSMISSION*
Mal to Mori:

Talk about ignorance. Does a loud voice make you more comfortable in your omniscience?

Your assumption that I am ignoring this threat to Freeport 11 is specious to say the least.

Once again, the matter is strictly procecural. Your apparent "accomplices" in trying to make the Council of Zoners look ineffective are exhibiting no more credence, nor offering any more solutions, than you are.

Aid will be sent to Freeport 11 by the TAZ immediately. I have urged to Council to expedite the vote on Jupiter Guild's status. But, I will not cave to these blatant tactics to pressure the Council into making some rash decision that it may later regret.

I am done with you, sir. You have access to the Council proceedings. That is all you deserve.

Malaclypse.
INCOMING TRANSMISSION...
DECODING...
SCANNING SOURCE...

Target ID: Malaclypse

*BEGINNING TRANSMISSION*

... I have now completely lost any remaining confidence in your intelligence. You completely missed the point.

I've done all I can for you. When you regret it (if you live long enough to, as at this rate you'll sit around talking about whether or not you should grow tomatoes on a remote moon while your facility is bombarded), please remember that I did attempt to help you.

I am finished here.

*END TRANSMISSION*