Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Light fighter = Needs Stuff Or Buff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Aint light fighters ment to intercept the biggers fighters (bomber,VHF,HF,SHF)?
Well it seems they dont
1. they can even damage properly on armor 8 ships/and without armor.. shield nor hull
2. They get killed too fast, even with armor.. (And no dont say "lol u cant fly it thats why nub".. Because I can.. And I evade like heck)
3. Weapons too weak, and use energy like heck
4. Some light fighters like the scrimtiar and the phantom is too big and can be razored easily
Your sayings?
NO FLAMING/TROLLING.. ETC PLEASE.
IMO, light fighters cant do nothing but damage a little bit, Only thing they can hurt well is freighters and transports.. They should their own type of weapons.
edit: hey wheres the poll gone >_>
Reuse the low tier weapon slots (one through three) and make light fighter specific guns.
Sounds to me like you're flying it like a VHF.
I may not have much experience with light fighters, but they can be decent in a fight. However, giving them a specialized set of weapons might not be too bad, if it's done right.
' Wrote:They should their own type of weapons.
No need for that. Just manage that they can use guns by class stronger.
edit: Maybe than little more energy for guns... Or stronger shield class...
They are already getting buffed next version >.>
Pff, LFs are nice as they are.
And they're not meant for solo'ing, it's support fighter. <_<
' Wrote:Sounds to me like you're flying it like a VHF.

You fly *your* LFs like VHFs, Jake >_>

And sure, the current balance works for them as being support fighters, but to be effective you have to have at least four, and these aren't exactly the 'good old days' when you can go onto skype and instantly conjour up a fighter wing :\
in my experiance of only flying these things, I have to say that it takes a long time and very very carful play to successfully bring down a larger opponent, more often than not it will take so long they are more likely to retreat or start moaning about how long its taking before you manage to finish.

its all about waring you opponent down, shield running and forcing them to make mistakes, avoid jousting becuase you will lose if they are much bigger than you are, 1 nuke or razor and your done, lure them into a turn and then you can plug away at them.

You have to force them to fight how you want them to fight, dont play by their rules, if they want the kill you make them play by your rules. obviously jousting is sometimes unavoidable, and is more often than not the way fighter victories/deaths occur.

my advice is jousting is fine, but if they show conscious signs that they can lay mines or fire their mini Razor at you, then do not play along, this is when you just have to outsmart them and ware them down.

vid of My Victory over a Gladaitor in a Hussar LF

this is the edited version, the actual fight lasted about 40-50 minutes before I could finally bring the son-of-a-thingymbob down, during this time he broke off twice, retreated to 5k and began to spew how bored he was, i promptly told him "get back here and take your lumps or flee now" :/ they do need a little bit of a buff, however if they are getting buffed in .86 then I will not say anymore untill i climb into my hussar after the changeover and see how it flies then.
[Image: pebcak.jpg]

Light Fighters aren't underpowered. I remember when I was in the LPI and me and Gourgia fought off two Xeno Taiidans and two SCRA Sabres with our two Liberators without taking so much as a scratch. That was in 4.84, and LFs are even better now that they don't die to a single missile from those damn Taiidans <_<
Pages: 1 2 3 4