Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Judgment Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Everything was still. Of course, since everyone except the guards were asleep. But I could not sleep. Not after what I had heard. This has been one of the biggest discoveries since the Supreme Commander's disappearance. I was in my cabin, upon the Mentu, striding to and fro, thinking hard. The thought about his whereabouts themselves made my heart beat faster.

Those navy personnel had better be right. That is, if they want to live. I thought.

Lt. Reeves, set the fastest path to America base please. It is an emergency. I said.

I took a seat and watched as the Mentu shot through the ice fields from Mactan towards the Vespucci jump hole. A regular bounty hunter patrol was in scanner range, but I ordered the Mentu to ignore the hostile and continue in cruise to the jump hole.

We reached the jump hole, and went through. On the other side, i saw a rare sight indeed. A spyglass had been stationed near the jump hole by Acting Supreme Commander Mori after that little raiding party the South Alliance had made.

Unknown gunboat. Identify yourself. said a womans voice over private comms.

This is Major Aethelu, captain of the HFGB Mentu. I do not have any time for formalities unfortunately, so please do the honors, will you? I said.

Certainly. You're clear to proceed. I ordered Lt. Reeves to hit cruise and head straight for America Base. It had become of the utmost importance to talk to Commander Mori now.

Captain, America Base is in sight. 11k and closing said Lt. Reeves.

I nodded at him in acknowledgment and kept staring at a piece of paper, the same one I had been holding ever since I met those two in the bar on Mactan.

Am I being rash ? Could this be a trap setup by the liberty forces, playing upon our fears to get us out in the open for a quick kill? All the more reason to talk to the Commander it seems... I thought.

"HFGB Mentu, the docking codes please."

Lt. Reeves said, Its America Base asking for the security clearance code. You will need to enter the code for us to dock
I opened the keypad, and entered the 12 digit code rapidly.

Acknowledged HFGB Mentu, you have been cleared for docking, please proceed to Large Bay 4.

The Mentu was in docking sequence, and as soon as it landed, I made my way to the hatch. The bay was deserted, except for the drones working intently.

At ease. You and the rest of the crew should get something to eat, and a bit of rest. I will call you if I need you. I ordered the crew.

I made my way to the bar first. I threw open the doors, and all I saw was a stillness. There was no one in there, except the barman doing his cleanup.

Hmm. Seems like the Commander might be in his cabin. If he isnt there, then god knows where he is. I thought.

I walked away from the bar, and head towards the sleeping quarters. Denelos room was just on the left, at the end of the corridor. I moved quickly and upon reaching the door, I hesitated for a second. Then I knocked upon the door. No answer. I waited 2-3 seconds, and I knocked upon the door yet again, a bit harder this time. No answer.

I decided to look in his office before contacting security. Sure enough, he answered the knock.

The door slid open, and there stood Denelo

Major Aethelu. From your face, I assume you have news. he said.

Commander, can we move back into your office? I have some information of the highest priority which I must discuss with you this very instant. I said, a hint of impatience in my voice.

Certainly. he said. I followed him inside, where he sat behind his desk, which was piled with mountains of paperwork. Have a seat. he pointed to a chair on the other side of the desk.

I took the offer and sat down in silence.

I assume we have no time for formalities. Your news? he asked.

I didnt answer for a whole minute.

Major, do not ignore me.

Again, I didnt answer, but this time I help aloft that piece of paper for him to grab hold of and read. He complied. There was a complete silence for a while that seemed like an eternity. Then I spoke and broke that silence.

I do believe this is true Intel Commander, a type which we havent seen in a while, since the pilots who gave the information were questioned at gun-point, and are known associates of an LSF official known as Sniper. I still had a bit of doubt, and that is the sole reason why I came to you. For confirmation of this, and the orders for the assembly of the Vespucci fleet I said

Hmm. Gunpoint often isn't enough. I wonder... Commander Mori seemed to become lost in thought.

"Sir?" I asked.

The Commander looked up. "Oh, yes. We should most certainly investigate this. And yes, by 'investigate', I mean 'attack and rescue'. We cannot allow the slightest chance to discovery the Supreme Commander's whereabouts."

The Commander sat in thought for a moment more, then stood. "Come. We will prepare the fleet." The Commander walked to a wallside communication unit.

"This is Executive Commander Mori, to all Legion Vespucci Fleet pilots on America Base, Monterrey Base, La Paz Depot, and Fort Veracruz. I want everyone ready and in the briefing hall in twenty minutes. Noncompliance will result in severe punishment. That is all. Thank you."

We reached the briefing hall. We have a situation upon our hands. Major Aethelu has gathered some intelligence on the whereabouts of the Supreme Commander. It seems that the LSF may have abducted him, to try to destroy the Legion. They have foolishly placed him in a top-security jail on California Minor, after somehow knocking him out. We all know how dangerous he'll be when he wakes up. We NEED to get him back here before that. Fortunately, pair of drunks have sold us the details for some drinks and a weeks accommodation. Not the best way to get information, but we had to make do. Our highest priority at the moment is freeing the Supreme Commander and getting him back here before he wakes up. Denelo said, while I listened patiently from the side. "I want everyone ready and in space in half an hour." Dismissed.

Everyone moved off to get ready. Meanwhile, I proceeded to the mess hall, where Lt. Reeves was watching the news and the rest of the crew was finishing with their dinners.

Gentlemen, if you are done, we must move to the Mentu. It is time. I said.

With that said, we all moved to the Mentu, and when we launched, I saw the Vespucci fleet out there, assembled in all its glory.

"This is the HFGB Silverfire. Let's head out. For the Legion!"