Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Chosen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Shortly after the great wake when the colony ships had landed and the various peoples had started to rebuild, several expeditions were sent out. Many didn't come back. Who knows what wonders and terrors these people saw in the deep black...

The Chosen are thought to be the descendants of a Brettonian expedition sent out over 500 years ago. All that is known of them is that when they encounter a colony or base they offer the people the choice of converting, to bend knee to a mystical "God-Emperor". The only other choice is death...

The Chosen seem to be an arrogant and fanatic people, under no-ones authority and no leader has as yet been picked out from their midst. So far no large presence has been assaulted but the threat looms closer each week, as reports of outlying probes and outposts grow silent and information expected from survey teams and expeditions never arrive...

Though rare they have been spotted passing through the "core systems", usually not caring about the local laws and doing as they please. So far they have been labelled as merely terrorists and aren't considered a national threat.
Im sorry buddy but..
Do some more research on the forums before making a faction.. We have allmost every new guy who has come onto the server making a faction of their own.

Please, get abit more experience with the server and community before making a faction, espescialy one which just go's around blowing stuff up:dry:

Exile.
I guess you picked the wrong server to have a PvP faction , this is roleplay and as such will follow our role play rules, sorry buddy this wont work.

Cheers
A few problems from me here. Number 1, get a little experience with discovery under your belt before starting YANF. Number 2, when you do start a faction, please give way more information than this (i.e. NPC allignment, what it is exactly that you stand for, better history, etc.). Number 3, we will not, WILL NOT, have a faction whose sole purpose is to attack any and all players they come across. This is not a PvP only environment. Sorry, but this will not work the way it is.
yeah.
what AC said.
you can't do it, either.
against the rules.
Join QCO, figure out how a faction runs.
also, Your faction sounds like the Phantoms.
and they are better at it than you.
much better.
more fun.
and more betterer,
also, they are invite only, and take admin aproval, because disco won't have just anyone running around with terrorist IDs, which is the only way you are getting what you want.

you want to pvp, go join a server without the letters RP in its name.
sort of an obvious choice.

also, you could have gotten a funny poem, but instead, your first post was in the Faction forums.
where we tear YANFs apart.
because they make no sense.

where would you get your members?
your money?
have you thought about it at all?
or did you just decide 'Hey, I need to be in charge of other people who kill things'
I, as a member of a faction in progress that has taken months, am horribly offended.
I, as a 'faction leader' who spent 2 weeks preparing for my faction before I even broached the subject, am offended.
I, as a person who asked for outside input for a whole week, before making my proposal, am offended.
I promise you from my own experience you need to think through carefully exactly what and who your people will interact with. If you attempt to come here to conquer all your going to get your 4r$e shot to bits. Try flying with a few factions here and then re launch your faction with a good idea of what your going to be up against in terms of roleplay and ideas. Good luck to you though, its always nice to see people coming up with new ideas. Its best to see them succeed because they thought them through fully though. I have been playing freelancer for 5 years and have had the same clan for most of that time. Exporting my old ideals to here was a complete disaster despite SOME good roleplaying and experienced pilots.

Talk to me in game and ill tell you more.
Yeah, the others here can show you the ropes.

In fact, there is a new faction, mentioned by Unselie, that is, in part, designed for this purpose... educating newer players in roleplaying whilst still having plenty opportunity for pretty explosions.

Oh, a shameless QCO plug? Don't mind if I do...
However, that doesn't mean QCO is a noob-only faction. Far from it; it just happens to be a very noob-friendly faction that doesn't necessarily expect you to be firing on all cylinders right out of the box. Join the QCO, fly with us into Kusari space, and there'll be plenty of stuff to blow up.;)Then, after you've had more time to flesh out your faction idea, _then_ propose it and see what support you can muster. (and, as others have said, it can't be an "attack anything that moves or doesn't" faction)
Well... sort of proves the point yet again that i'm not suited to this server. Because I have been on this server on and off for a long time and have been disappointed by it's so called role-play. By it's rigid rules and intolerable admins.

Exile - Do some more research on the person making a faction before making autonomous replies, and know how many people already on the server, who just go around "blowing stuff up".

BULLDOGNK - Sorry, I always try and respect admin on their own servers but admin aren't just there to uphold rules they are there to help the community prosper and to teach them. Yet your's were the only words without advice. Your defination of a PvP faction must also be peculiar because most factions fight other players from time to time... and ours is not meant to be a solely PvP faction, we won't hunt down players. We want to provide people with an opportunity to truly roleplay. Take factions like SA and RM which take on pirates/terrorists NPC or PC. We want to take on police/military NPC or PC.

AC MERC - I have plenty of experience with Discovery, being my most played mod, and most favoured. Yet you were honest and made a good point, more info was coming but me and the rest of the faction were suddenly conflicting about certain things after i thought we were resolved. Perhaps i was premature in posting, but I felt that seeming as we already had 4+ players with "Chosen" characters it was time the community had an idea about us.

Unsilie - Your responce was humorous at best. How you get offended by a complete stranger because he is trying to do something that you seem to rub into other people's face your ineptitude about is hilarious. I have already written how we get our members, we get money just as other pirates/terrorists... "The spoils of war" to coin a phrase. Lastly I guess I am the leader but we are more of a collective than anything else.

Gentle - You are the only person i can thank or even slightly admire of any who replied, because you wished us luck. I have been playing freelancer since it's release in 2003 which makes playing it for 5 years impossible without a time machine, but we'll glass over that and say you're a veteran. I was part of a good faction to start with that fell apart due to the faction leader leaving, however the rest of us moved server and created a new faction, later unfortunately the leader went AFK for a long time without notifying us. But instead of giving up we kept it going and the BSO even appeared on this server once, till people whined about ships without listening to our RP on the subject and the admin came down harshly on us. so after a vote on the subject we moved server again. I'd love to talk to you more in game and thank you for the invitation but i think i'll no longer be welcome on this server.

The server I have had most fun on was Blue Knights Discovery, and I mourn it's loss. You have all been prejudiced, you have all commented and poked holes, you have all made assumptions without asking questions first. I have interacted with players that have broken your precious rules almost daily and have not quibbled because a game is for playing and we play them for fun. I have followed your rules wherever I could, I have role-played and have been commended for it by other players because they said it was better than most. I have been asked questions about systems, trading, and fighting, yet have answered all. You all take me for ineperienced without knowing me... I should be more offended than Unsilie, but have resigned myself to sadness.
You're not gaining sympathy points here. We've offered advice on things to do instead, but instead you whine about what you don't like about this server. Slightly rude, in my opinion.

Take your YANF elsewhere. The 'rigid rules' and the lovely admins applying those rules are sorely needed to keep this a roleplay server, not a poorly disguised PvP server. If you wish to have a PvP faction, which is what you look like, the PvP server is open and the large number of people with similar attitudes to yourself can head there and have fun together without such criticism from ourselves.

But when in the roleplay server, you play by the roleplay server's rules...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5