Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Connection problems - Problem solved
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello guys,
Some of you know, that I can't connect to the official Disco server. I am trying to fix it for nearly 3 months but nothing works. The problem occured when the server returned to the fiber connection. When I want to connect, I can see the Disco server, how many players are there, but there is IP of my proxy server, and when I select the server and click "Connect", FL throws error message saying "I am sorry but I couldn't establish connection to the server." Interesting is, that server like Disco Berlin or Sirius work, and servers like Disco of Disco, UK and official server don't work.
Note: I am not able to connect to any of the servers without connection to the global server.

I tried to put the -s command (It looked like this: ...\freelancer.exe" -sdiscogc.game-host.org:2302) at the end of the shortcut, I tried to configure my proxy, router, firewall... and nothing. I even tried to set excepcions both on my comp and on the proxy. I tried almost all combinations of those and I don't have any more ideas how to fix it.

Everything I discovered is that some incoming connections from FL don't go through 2300-2400 ports. (but through 13000 or so) But it seemed that it wasn't from the disco FL server.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Jam
Well if you can see the server on the list nothing is blocking it, maybe it's your connection that makes it unable to connect. What's the ping when you see it on a list ?

Try pinging it in CMD (command prompt), command is ping discogc.game-host.org, does it respond ? and copy the stats from it
Ping in the game menu is around 30-40 (still changing), and in CMD I cannot ping it, but nslookup says the server is alive.

EDIT: Ping works on another computer.
I got these IP after my shortcut target command line:
-s87.72.218:2302 -s87.72.29.113:2302

Can't remember which one is from the gc.
Maybe adding both would fix it. (MAYBE)
' Wrote:I got these IP after my command line:
-s87.72.218:2302 -s87.72.29.113:2302

Can't remember which one is from the gc.
Maybe adding both would fix it. (MAYBE)

I already added the DNS name of the server.
Are you running vista?

What is the name of your anti-virus?

Make sure you have the latest service packs on Vista and 7.
' Wrote:Are you running vista?

What he said, If you are running vista, the anti virus program your running will more than likely block from the servers. Norton and McAfee do not allow discovery (or any server) to connect.You'll need to completely uninstall either with a specific tool you can download for each specific program. The program that I use, and works, is AVG. I've heard Avira works as well. both are free anti virus programs that get updated. Oh, and if you're using a router, Port forwarding wouldn't be a bad thing to do either.
' Wrote:Are you running vista?

I am running Windows 7 Pro with Microsoft Forefront Antivirus.
' Wrote:Norton and McAfee do not allow discovery (or any server) to connect.You'll need to completely uninstall either with a specific tool you can download for each specific program.

Your totally wrong, I have McAfee and Freelancer is working, it doesn't block the connection to the server, and I can play on discovery without any problems.

Also telling people to try and use AVG Free is the same thing like having no anti-virus installed.
Pages: 1 2