Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Republique de Gaule
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: AustinComkopiera2.png]
<div align="right][Location: Planet Harris -- Tau-31]

Good day,

Not sure if you chaps heard about me, but I'm a former commander in the Bretonian Armed Forces, and I really don't feel like explaining my story at the moment. Mm, anyways, I'm looking for my calling card, can't set foot on my home soil for plenty of reasons, and I've been rather interested in the affairs around this area.

I'll require a few things, however, to keep my vessel in working order. She's bloody beat up by the war and other engagements, but she still works. These frequencies are open for the time being. I'm eager to hear your reply.

[Transmission Terminated]
[Image: comheader.png]
[Image: 170232-VMA4R4F.jpg]

Comm ID: Dassault, Jean-Francois
Destination: Austin Rodney Goodman
Subject: no subject

Bonsoir, jeune homme.

So, you're "interested in the affairs around this area"? Why, exactly?

I've heard from you. Very briefly and summarily, but your name is not foreign to me. If exile is what you seek (I have a feeling it is), then we can make certain arrangements. Understandably, given our current campaign, we'll be keeping you very close-by. Trust can sometimes be a weakness, moreso with an "etranger".

Alors, my question still stands. What is your interest in us?

Respectueusement votre,
Jean-Francois Dassault, Amiral
Republique de Gaule.

[Image: comfooter.png]

I was half expecting two days between each transmission. Interestingly enough you lads seem to have a fast communications network. Anyways, while I was a commander in the Armed Forces, I've always heard traders talking about a war torn area much like Leeds. I have my reasons for leaving my home, and yes, I would like to seek exile.

The affairs in the area intrigue me a bit, a Civil war, people fighting against the apparently corrupt government, a cause worthy, in my opinion, to be followed. This war with Kusari has been nothing but a feud over territory, no real cause other then the Kusari Empire wishing to expand, and destroy a neighboring house. I've fought until the Bretonian Crown didn't require me anymore. Time to fight for a new cause, and one thats worth dying for in my opinion.

Simply, chap, I'm a soldier and I need a cause worth fighting for.

[Transmission Terminated]

The logistics of war and modern diplomacy requires efficient means of communication. Past are the days when we operated shoddy comms arrays on Reunion.

I have never been much of a soldier myself. My rifle is my brain and I make sure the war effort is sustainable. With that said, my resolve for human decency and freedom for my people remains implacable. If such is what you fight for, jeune homme, then I have no reason to stop you.

I just hope you know what you're doing. Bienvenue a la Republique de Gaule.

Respectueusement votre,
Republique de Gaule.

I don't ask for much, but I'll require the basic essentials as far as food and water are concerned, and a place to sleep. I'm sure your military facilities will have everything else needed to equip and keep vessels stocked. However, I'm not sure your lads know anything about Bretonian technology, which might be a small problem, but I'm sure I can talk to my contacts and see what we can do.

I'll be setting off immediately then.

[Transmission Terminated

As far as lodging, essential supplies and basic maintenance of your vessel goes, there will be no problem. You will likely occupy living quarters along with other soldiers of the Republique; this'll be sorted out once you arrive.

As for the technology used on your ship, you need not worry. Operating our current fleet of fighters already requires a fair deal of ingenuity and pragmatism. Your arrival will represent a welcome challenge to our engineers.

Au plaisir de vous avoir parmis nous,
Republique de Gaule.