Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: My Personel Jinkusu (aka) Prospina
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Well, I got to say that Turkish and I were creating our own "little" project on making our on Juggernaughts. Here's one of my creations - (it has a lot of Jinx's design - but he did explain how the Zoners build their ships by showing a diagram, which i followed).

[Image: Pros-Unknown.png]
sexy
me wants
Poly count?

Then I will give some crits.
6.7k polies
Now shoot!
Quads or tris?
It's a beautiful model...but more Zoner capital ships? C'mon...add some things to Rheinland...Or Kusari...Hell, give the Hogosha their own gunboat.

I like the cargo pods underneath.
Nah, Zoners don't need more caps, but this isn't another cap, it's a Jinkusu.

The point of the Jinkusu is that all of them are different, and there are very few. Very, very few.
' Wrote:Quads or tris?

Quads, mate.

' Wrote:It's a beautiful model...but more Zoner capital ships? C'mon...add some things to Rheinland...Or Kusari...Hell, give the Hogosha their own gunboat.

I like the cargo pods underneath.

Erm,...Shagohad - it's a personel ship. Zoners created a few of different Jinkusu that each played a unique role. This one plays a COLONY Ship with minimal armory, but a powerful hull strenght that will actually take a while to penetrate through the thick hulls of the ship. this gives a chance to the citizens to evacuate before the ship goes critical.

My thoughts were:
-12 Battleship turrets (real thought is 18 turrets, since the Jinkusu can run 32, afaik of what Jinx said)
- 2.500.000 HP
- 550.000 shield (not sold in-game, i know)
- 2500/2500 (bots/bats)
-Cargo: 4350
- 8.200.000 power core
Okay so the poly count is actually 13,400. I personally am one that always tries to go for lower numbers. But what you do is up to you really.

Here are a list of the problems I have with it:

1: From the top down view, the first section of the ship looks decent, but it doesn't flow enough into the second and third sections. I would say make the second and third sections conform with with first more, because thats the best part.

2: The Engines look good on their nozzles, but I would drop them a little lower in the poly counts and add more details on the rest of the engines flat cylinder.

3: I can't be sure but the tail section looks like it has a strange bend going on their. Might just be me though.

4: The side profile view, this is by far what lets the ship down the most. From the top it looks good, from the side you have lost everything the top represented. The lines, the flow, it all heaps up into one blob-ish boxy shape.
I would have made it alot sleeker, the entire top should have gradually worn off into a pointed edge at the bottom. It should have some sharp sexy razor lines, with a little bit of a curve in them.

Now, there is plenty about this model that is good, but thats what my criticisms are. What you choose to do with them is up to you. You have some real talent there, in the end it's up to you.
' Wrote:Quads, mate.
Erm,...Shagohad - it's a personel ship. Zoners created a few of different Jinkusu that each played a unique role. This one plays a COLONY Ship with minimal armory, but a powerful hull strenght that will actually take a while to penetrate through the thick hulls of the ship. this gives a chance to the citizens to evacuate before the ship goes critical.

My thoughts were:
-12 Battleship turrets (real thought is 18 turrets, since the Jinkusu can run 32, afaik of what Jinx said)
- 2.500.000 HP
- 550.000 shield (not sold in-game, i know)
- 2500/2500 (bots/bats)
-Cargo: 4350
- 8.200.000 power core

Okay. It better have an impulse speed of 10 and a cruise charge of four minutes. That's absolutely ridiculous. Ships designed for combat don't even have stats like that. And these are engines forged by the very powers that are constantly in conflict with one another. Hell, not even the Valor's that good!

What you described is a transport that is impossible to pirate. What's next, want it to land on house bases and be neutral to anything?

I can understand custom Jinkusus, but when the Zoners make things better than what ANYONE has, it's a little ridiculous.

As I said, the model and custom Jinkusu idea is absolutely beautiful, but your ambitions are not.
Pages: 1 2 3 4