Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: How to get people to RP in houses other than Liberty.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
' Wrote:Gallia appeared, but the ones who play Gallic characters are really, really few.
People don't come to Gallia? Well, let's make Gallia go to them: BOOM! Gallia is now trying to take control of the Taus...

That's what they're actually doing. But, there's another way to get people playing in other houses.
-How?! D: Tell us please!
-Ok, ok, I'll tell you: With subsidies!
-Wha..?!

This is the idea. Each player who used the /reset command with low populated houses, and actively plays within that house during, I don't know, maybe a month? Will be given x ammount of money, enough to incentivate people to play within that house, the less populated the house, the more money it's given.

What do you think?

Well 1st of all. Buff npc-s in every system except for the core ones like New York, New Tokyo, ect, so new players can make missions in the core systems without getting killed by npc-s. Maybe put a few 1system trade routes there where they can start to trade (ofc the profit should be moderate so older players may not abuse it with 5000k transports) and also make a mining location in these systems. New player can rep here up, make missions, learn trading/mining, prepare a better ship to leave the core system.

And another idea to accomplish the idea above. Make an oorp starting system instead of Pennsylvania.
This system would be actually empty and contain 4-6 jumpholes. To New York, New London, New Berlin ect. And make the jumpholes one way only. So traders dont abuse it, nor anyone else. Not every new player would choose Liberty. I know this would be oorp, but hell, its a game.

And another good idea is the already mentioned PvP command (sorry I dont remember who came up with it) . The only jumphole to Connecticut is in New York, a command like this would decrease the number of players in New York/Liberty too because there wouldn't be a "// sorry heading to connecticut" kind of traffic.
Put any other house in the middle of Sirius, and it's gonna get crowded.
about Conecticed -place somewhere else, personally I will choose a some JH or JG in Magellan or Cortez or some Sigma system - becouse all fraction have an acces to those system.
People roleplay in Liberty?
' Wrote:People roleplay in Liberty?

Apparently... :laugh::laugh::laugh:
' Wrote:People roleplay in Liberty?

Yes. I spend most of my time there, and yes, there is roleplay, god dangit. Do you even go to Liberty, or just hear its a lolwut zone like everyone else does?
As far as I noticed RP is everywhere. Thou PvP goes in Liberty, since there you can get the most of it at the same time. So if you change the two letters to three in the OP, you get a completely valid question.
Well, to keep track, I've got an idea: Make a thread in forum, in which people who want to participate would post their character info. There will be a max ammount of people of course. When the goal is reached, a new group of players would be allowed to participate.
' Wrote:Well, to keep track, I've got an idea: Make a thread in forum, in which people who want to participate would post their character info. There will be a max ammount of people of course. When the goal is reached, a new group of players would be allowed to participate.

Uhm I don't understand... or maybe I did, but it seems like an awfully impractical thing to implement, so maybe I got it wrong. Care to explain in detail?
Better idea, put trade routes in Gallia that aren't suicidal. The latest iteration of trading factions has discovered great use for freighters... as glorified countermeasure flares.

Activity follows profit. Simple rule. Where there is profit, there are pirates. Where there are pirates, there are lawfuls. I direct you to 4.83's Planet Harris, 4.84's Sigma-13, and 4.85's Omega-49, Pennsylvania, Tau-23, Dublin, and Omega-7, in that order.

For those of you newer than half my examples, let me explain. In 4.84, Dublin got perhaps one person to fly in it each day. Most I ever saw was two. Tau-23 was only active when Panzer and Eppy whipped out their... fleets and started measuring, something that happened every handful of days. Omega-7 had thru-traffic confined to the lanes, and not all that much compared to nearby Sigma-13. Yes, Sigma-13. You know that system that almost no one is in these days? 20 people at a time, and an empty S-13 was weird like an empty NY is weird. If cargo piracy wasn't bugged at the time, you could make a fortune in minutes. No less than four player factions based their entire activity off of patrolling the New Berlin-Sigma-13 jumphole. Four active player factions, at that- and that's not counting the hordes of indy BHG cattlebruisers that flocked to the place.

Now, as I said, Sigma-13 is pretty desolate. What happened? The profit moved elsewhere. The new profit is in mining, so the mining zones become the hotspots. It changes now and then, and can be fixed dynamically due to the magic of FLhook. But the principle is still true.

If you want someplace to be active, put profit in it. I guarantee people will flock to it.
Pages: 1 2 3