Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: How to get people to RP in houses other than Liberty.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
There is enough role play in Liberty, I play there daily. I'm tired of this sort of threads. :crazy::crazy:
We have how many system? ~120?

Players: 198

So in average: ~1,6 players per system.

That is the problem. NY is ever the best populated system in FL, also in other mods.

We would need 6 or 7 players per system in average. But how: Lower the mumber of systems? Clone the active players 5 times?
' Wrote:We have how many system? ~120?

That is the problem. NY is ever the best populated system in FL, also in other mods.
We would need 6 or 7 players per system in average. But how: Lower the mumber of systems? Clone the active players 5 times?

I've pointed out this math now and then. Sadly everyone just wants their own little corner. Probably related to the reason people cry that their battleships can't kill six players.

I estimate 30 guard factions, and assuming each one has a guard system (yes, I'm aware that the Outcasts and Corsairs have three or four each) that's 30 systems that no one ever goes to. Those systems could be reduced to a guard depot without reducing their functionality, all they are is glorified weapons shops anyway. There, we just cut out a quarter of the systems in Disco. Then, cut out the useless systems like Oita or Sigma-59 and we've probably trimmed the mod down to 70 systems. That's almost half of what we started with, just removing systems that NO ONE EVER SPENDS ANY TIME IN. Before you say "training" let me say "Discovery of Discovery server". Suddenly, all those minutes spent traveling through systems like Oita that exist only to slow you down are spent in systems where you might actually interact with a player. WHOOOOOO!
@ Sovereign

While your idea is solid and I support it. I highly doubt the guard systems will be removed. Too many people think they need an entire system to train in, own, or further their factions role play.

A single guard station (or multiple) would allow them to do two of the three. We have Conn for a reason, and you can easily train around some of the more remote areas.

----

Anyways, as Sov said; with profit comes population.

1) Standardise NPC difficulty across all Houses.

2) Pick a selection of major trade runs moving into/out of Houses - and apply a rotating bonus! People will always follow the best path for making money. If it rotates then the joy (as well as the pain) will be spread around.
Irritatingly referring to himself in the 3rd person, Marburg steps in, employs what would seem to be flawless logic in the normal run of things & states:

Marburg believes that if you want people to leave Liberty, than it's "you" that needs to stay outside of Liberty. (The "you" in this case would apply to anyone that feels that Liberty could use less population)

Take some friends with you when you go & doggedly stick with it and you may discover in time that you may get exactly what you ask for.
' Wrote:I've pointed out this math now and then. Sadly everyone just wants their own little corner. Probably related to the reason people cry that their battleships can't kill six players.

I estimate 30 guard factions, and assuming each one has a guard system (yes, I'm aware that the Outcasts and Corsairs have three or four each) that's 30 systems that no one ever goes to. Those systems could be reduced to a guard depot without reducing their functionality, all they are is glorified weapons shops anyway. There, we just cut out a quarter of the systems in Disco. Then, cut out the useless systems like Oita or Sigma-59 and we've probably trimmed the mod down to 70 systems. That's almost half of what we started with, just removing systems that NO ONE EVER SPENDS ANY TIME IN. Before you say "training" let me say "Discovery of Discovery server". Suddenly, all those minutes spent traveling through systems like Oita that exist only to slow you down are spent in systems where you might actually interact with a player. WHOOOOOO!
I support with 200% Guard systems are useless- every faction can have one station in the normal space with guard NPCs guarding it an very very mean weapon platforms armed with cruiser/gunboat misses and train cds.Right now every man,trader his wife and his dog can come in guard system survive and trade trough it -may be wilde/SCRA/Nomad ones are not that easy- but others...
Put this weapon-shops in one of the edges of the normal space - 30k under or over, make sure that there is enough space to train- ready.It is funny when CR train in their guard and miss the pirates in 23 because of that.
With 200 players limitation adding around 20 new systems in 4.86 nothing will change. People will go for the player interactions all the time.Gallia will remain empty in 90% of the time. In the other 10% will be events from the official factions there.May be making nice smuggle routes from gallia core-worlds to Sirius will change it a bit.
' Wrote:There is enough role play in Liberty, I play there daily. I'm tired of this sort of threads. :crazy::crazy:

It seems you didn't get we want exactly the opposite.

' Wrote:We have how many system? ~120?

I don't want more people PER SYSTEM, I want more people PER HOUSE. A single system in liberty has more people than the whole gallia, rheinland or bretonia (except for dublin)
Anyone else notice how these kinds of threads are always made by people that avoid Liberty like the plague?
Personally I avoid Liberty like the plague... but I joined with the intention of becoming a pirate, sooo a densely-packed house filled with nubtards and an active military obviously scares me off... I'd much rather stalk Stigma or Dublin >:)
Pages: 1 2 3