Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A faction idea, give me your feedback: The Byzantine Empire
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
History: The Byzantine Empire was originally the Eastern Roman empire on Earth, after un earthing the books on it in the Corsair Archives on Crete, young christian idealist, Juan Fernandez, gathered his Fellow corsair christians who where looking for another way of life Gathered up what ships they could and made their headquarters onboard the Osiris Battleship "Startide". they eventually managed to convince other christians on other worlds to join them and became a large fleet. They eventually established a small city in a remote corner crete and have begun to develop technologically. The Empire is currently trying to get enough ships to move its burgeoning populace into a new system. If there are any uninhabited planets out there, they will find them.
(Unfortunately, thats all ive got for a story atm, if you could give me some suggestions via pm, id be grateful).

Main Goals: Getting their own system and spreading the Word throughout sirius.
Secondary Goals: Eradication of the Nomads

Factional Stances
Liberty Factions: HOSTILE
Outcasts and allies: HOSTILE
House Militaryies other than liberty: Unfriendly or Hostile
Order factions: Freindly
Corsair Factions: Friendly
Zoners: Neutral
Terrorists: HOSTILE
The Foundation (Eppys faction): HOSTILE

Ships
Fleet
max: 4 Crusiers and 1 battleship plus any number of gbs and fighters
Ships:
Fighters
Cataphract Class HF (Proposed now)
Al corsair fighters
Nepthys
Zoner ships
Capitals
All corsair ships
Zoner Ships (Except Juggernaut)
Madrid Class Battleship (Proposed now)
Halberdier Class Crusier

so what do ya think? could it work?
I think it's an interesting concept, and not a half-bad one. It needs a lot of development, though, a single paragraph isn't really enough to work on. Also, a word of warning: dealing with religious things isn't necessarily a free-and-clear idea, I've received a few less-than pleasant PMs about my Sanctifieriae story (little did they realize that a Rheinland Battleship with a Mk IV Regular Armor and six Razors can die to a Liberty Dreadnought, especially in a Sigma-17 Asteroid field...); an entire faction would draw plenty of flak. Last time we had Billy the Kid try to have a faction led by Jesus. That was a good one...

Bloody Corsairs...if it goes through we'll be glad to play your Anglicans With Bigger Guns Than Thou:P
*Sigh* I thought it was about time for our monthly influx of YANFs.

I dont want to be a jerk, but I dont like sooooo much about this. First, and its been discussed before, leave RL religions out of factions please. Besides, Christian Corsairs??? Do I need to explain how oxy-moronic that is? Please when you pick an NPC faction, at least use them as a basis. Don't say we're gonna be Corsairs, but in ideology and practice we will be something completely different.

Second, there are already, what, 3 or 4 official Corsair factions in existance? Join one of those if you want to be part of a Corsair group, there is no need to start a new one.

Lastly, where are you finding these other "Christians" that want to join the Corsairs? And who are these Corsairs that are going to be your allies whilst you convert their members to some ancient Earth religion? You do know the Corsairs are pirates and criminals right? Im sorry Vape, this just doesnt work for me on a lot of levels.

But I am just one person, and this is just my opinion. Let's wait and see what the rest have to say.

well i had an idea, eppy, is your faction got its own religion?
i had an idea to elaborate on this, the founder of the empire created a religion called "Origin" (yes its the religion from SG-1, i couldnt think of anything, suggestions are welcome) which is a mix of different religions, and the empire is pretty much made up of religious zealots hell bent on spreading their teachings throughout sirius (much like the old catholic church, and yes im catholic)
and on what merc said, i thought about the christian thing and figured it wouldnt work.
I'm watching this thread and I swear if this becomes a religious debate I will lock it. This is not the place for it. Understood?
yeah i understand that
and its an idea, that warrrants a change in allegiance, maybe i could make it aligned with a lawful faction
edit: wow, ive attracted a lot of attention
atm, 14 users are reading this topic
EDIT AGAIN: This is not a Christian or corsair faction at all anymore, ill change the story when i have time, its just an empire of religious zealots trying to convert everyone
No, Vape, the Foundation doesn't have a 'Religion', strictly speaking. We have a Prophecy of sorts, based around an extremely complex series of mathematical processes designed to ensure the survival and prosperity of Humanity. And yes, I will admit that another Corsair faction is probably not a good idea, but don't shoot it down straightaway, AC, who knows? It could have something very worthwhile in it. If all else fails he can associate them with the Coalition or the Order or something.
Sounds okay to me... But umm. Yeah, another Corsair faction? Maybe have it be the "New Byzantine Empire"... Several thousand years later, it's bound to be new:P

Mr. Merc, there are Corsairs that don't really like their life style... Or whathaveyou. An entire populace of a world aren't all the same, just like everybody on Earth isn't the same. People in America are multi-cultural, multi-racial, etc. for instance.

Perhaps another, untapped NPC faction? It seems like last week's episode of Stargate Atlantis:PStrange nomad people whose homes are ships, floating about looking for survival. Only they were running from the Wraith... But that's completely off-topic! Perhaps make another, fictional religion? Christianity might offend some people, like Jewish people *cough* or Muslims... NONE Of which I have a problem with! Freedom of religion... I'm all for it. I hold no opinion.

Maybe... The Disciples? Or something related off-handedly but not directly BAM Christianity. Christian RP might also be an issue. So again, fictional fanatics.

And look at the Worker's Front! I join; a week later we've got four or five more members! We're on fire... The only difference there is between all this is that its a not-so-needed NPC faction faction.

-Edit- Omfg... Four posts while I typed that? The last post I saw was Merc's first. Wow! Chatty Cathy's.
yeah, im thinking something like origin from Stargate SG-1
And your own ships are currently out of the question. Many factions would love exclusives.
Let keep religions right out of it please, unless its one purporting to be a joke, or was that
a joke purporting to be a religion

Hoodlum
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5