Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Calling on Bretonia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
The house colonies all have successful clans running them, but the Bretonians have two clans who are inactive and half pirate mercenarys...

We need a true Bretonian clan to rise up who will be organised and supply a forum like the other successful house groups do like the rhineland military [RM] Simple name to the point with a forum and a website, Bretonia is calling out for something which is going to be solid military and security, the SF dont dablle in security and the QCP are mercenarys mixing as an military which is incorrect for a colony house system to be mercenary at all. We need the [BMF] or [BSF] or something to take a stand the Queen Carolina idea is good but i feel it was let down by the fact of being mercenary's aswell as military. We need a hardcore Bretonian military force true roleplayers who will secure and attack/defend its lands from pirates and engage in mild combat with other houses...

The [RM] has got the right idea and the [LSF] But i want to join a Bretonian group as Iam British in real life and my nation calls to me even in outter space. I need a military/security rp and i want one in Bretonia and im sure there are others who feel the same way as me someone please do something.

Thankyou for reading this I hope a new clan is formed to finally stop the arguing and claim Bretonian space who are going to organise themselfs with a forum and be more active.
At the moment, the [SF] is the major Bretonian NPC faction, As they are the system owners (They own the guard system, and with that, they run Bretonia). And the QCO have been doing a great job as well. They're not inactive, they're just working on new members.

Now, I don't think we need a -new- faction. I think people just have to start joining the ones we already have.
i think i kinda get where your going with this.

i also think it would be nice to have the ACTUAL house militaries as factions similar to the RM and KNF

LN = Liberty Navy
BAF = Bretonian Armed Forces

i know that SF runs bretonian for the most part but from my understanding they were originally based out of both Bretonia and Liberty.

we all agree that there are too many factions popping up.

*let me just state beforehand, this is just an idea*

why not combine the multiple lawful house factions in both bretonia and liberty

SF+QCO+QCP=BAF

and

LSF+SA=LN

would make for some strong factions and not confuse the nooobs

i remember when i first joined it took me a while to understand who SF and SA were affiliated with as i saw both in each others space.

just my two cents
Hmm, ya know Draygon. That proves a pretty good point there. Combining factions would help with RP here and there. I can see the LSF+SA thing happening. But the SF+QCO wouldn't fully work. There is RP behind the QCO/QCP that wouldn't fit with the SFs current RP. (More specifically, the privateers RP in Kusari)

EDIT: Oh, and to point out. It's the SA that owns the guard system and controls Liberty. Not the LSF. The LSF has their power because of the alliance with the SA.
I do humbly disagree with you. Please do not take offense, I am here to defend the already existing Bretonian factions. The SF does a lot of security work, scanning many of the ships that pass by, and the QCO/QCP are frequently flying into Kusari space for military action. I am a member of the QCO, the non pirate division of the QCs. We only attack military targets, where the QCP only preform privateer acts in Kusari space. Both factions have a solid RP factor to them, but I would have to agree that we are not as organized as the RM or the LSF. But for the most part we don't have to be, as our mail enemy, the Kusari, are just as frequently not online. Now, I personly like the uniqueness of how Bretonian space is protected; with different forces. But this doesn't slow things down, as I have taken part in many the join operation with the SF. When ever the SF need back up, the QCO/QCP are quickly informed and just as quickly en rout.

Now, if you want to join a BAF/BSF faction, i suggest the SF, as they have many the strict rules about what can be shipped through there space, are frequently monitoring ships passing through, and can be found on military missions. The QCP is if you want direct, and almost frequent, military action most all against Kusari. The QCP will attack non military targets, but only after warning them and giving them the option to hull their cargo to Bretonian space and leave it there. The QCO are for constant military actions against Kusari, UOG, Corsairs, NLH, and other enemies of the crown.

Now yes, quite often there is no member of any Bretonian factions online, and yes all of us tend to be disorganized, but that doesn't call for making a guild that has the same job description. I kindly ask you to join one of the three already existing factions if you're interested in defending Bretonian space, choose one that best tickles your fancy. Once there, move towards organizing it, and getting it into better shape. Hopefully I'll see you in space, my friend.
see i'm already confused again with all the different tasks each faction has.

who is in direct command of Bretonia and their military?

does one faction have jurisdiction over the others?

now i understand you have good RP for them don't get me wrong. it's just a bit confusing to me

3 factions, 3 message dumps, 3 tags...same purpose?

please don't take this as flaming i'm more or less trying to rationize all of it aloud.

don't we police new faction ideas when they are too similar to another one?
I'm with Griz on this one; think of it this way. There are real-world militaries that have different groups performing different tasks. For instance, the US; only reason I use this as an example is because I am more familiar with it (for obvious reasons XD)

The Marines are the first-strike mobile force; analagous to the QCO.
Special forces of all branches perform various, ah, plausibly deniable operations. That's the QCP.
The National Guard generally stays within US borders (the mess in Iraq aside; I don't want to start talking about real-world politics here), and is roughly similar to the SF...except that the SF is as organized and disciplined, and as well-equipped, as the more aggressive QCO is.

Put simply, I see it like this:

-BAF
---SF performs policing and security actions within Bretonian borders
---QCO actively strikes lawful and unlawful enemies and generally operates outside of Bretonian space
---QCP perform covert raids and interdiction in enemy space

And it's an understood fact that any member of these three factions will come to the aid of anyone in any of the others. I have, as my QCO char, participated in an SF police action against a bounty hunter destroyer, for instance.
We don't need any new Bretonian factions, what we need is simply more people to join the SF (and KNF).

To be honest, SF is a great faction for people new to the servers, and new to factions. It has its share of pirates, but they aren't the hardcore groups such as the Outcast and Corsair factions (101st, RoS, TBH, etc). Its great to train people in that inviroment, and SF is very new-player friendly.

Same for SA and KNF. I think RM is a bit more skill-dependant, and requires more veteran-type players, since they are always fighting TBH, and MANY pirates, most of which are some of the best in terms of skills and organization in the houses. The thing is, the RM HAVE those veteran players, but the SF and KNF do not have many veteran or new players. SF has a few, and those are the ones that keep it alive, but all the new players nowadays want to be either Outcast, Corsair, or independant pirates. No one is joining houses anymore, which is reflected in the KNF's and SF's activity levels.

Also, the KNF and SF activity levels are also dependant on each other. Their war is what will drive their member's activity, as neither has as many pirates/general enemies as SA and RM. KNF has NovaPG/Bushido, but that is it.
I suppose we might rename QCO to BAF; and perhaps we could merge with SF. Because "Sirius Federation" doesn't sound like it's a Bretonian organization, it sounds like a Sirius-wide police force or something. I don't know; I've explained how things are now, but I'm not sure how it would best be "fixed", if indeed there is anything wrong with it.

EDIT: I'm with you on the new players bit, Dab; Bretonia is a great place for people to get their "space legs", so to speak, as it doesn't have any huge, hard-core enemies.
Your right on SF sounding like a Sirius-wide police force. Thats kind of how it started. It was SDF, Sirius Defense Force. There was another arm called Liberty Sentinals which were, obviously, a Liberty Navy faction. When SDF lost some of its members, they merged LS back into SDF and made SF. When LS was made, SDF took Bretonia and officially became the Bretonian military. SF kept that job, and left Liberty to itself. Personally, I think they should just change their name to BAF, as its more fitting for what they do now than SF is.. But thats just opinion.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7