Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Neo-Terran Front to Zoner factions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
***INCOMING TRANSMISSION***

[color=#FFFFFF]Priority: High
Encryption: High
Destination: Temporary Autonomous Zoners, Zoner Ore Extraction, Zoner Defense Force
Source: NTF Executive Commander Greg Matthews, NTBS Belisarius

I apologize for not informing you of this sooner, but things have been... chaotic, to say the least.

The NTF is no longer able to operate in Kansas. The forces of Liberty "evicted" us, so to speak, a little over four days ago. While most of the Front's members were able to escape, we did sustain a number of losses, including our Conference-class science vessel Hinton.

Needless to say, this means we can no longer lay claim to Kansas' Iridium deposits. This regrettably means that we can also no longer hold up our end of the agreement we made with Zoner Ore Extraction.

This also means we lack a place to base ourselves out of. This is the main reason I am contacting you today -- we would like to base the Belisarius and the rest of our flotilla in the vicinity of Omega-49 or Omega-50, preferably at Lanzarote or Boa Vista.

I am open to negotiation, and await your reply.

- Matthews
>>>Incoming Transmission<<<

> CommID: Admiral Gideon Ravenor
> Location: Gran Carnaria, Omega 49
> Encryption: High
> Destination: Neo Terran Front
> Subject: Re-location

***Initiating Video Feed***
[Image: GideonRavenor-1.jpg]

Greetings Commander Matthews.

I am Admiral Ravenor of the Zoner Defense Forces. This message is a response to your plea for relocation and is to let you know that the Zoner Alliance has received your message.

I would extend to you the same courtesy that we extend all sirians, that you may come and berth at any of our stations for re-supply and a place to rest from the hostilities of the void. As for operating out of our installations, as of now I can not make that call. That is a matter for the alliance to decide. Specifically for Lanzarote base, that is a ZDF installation and I can not allow that stations to be used as a berth. As for Boa Vista, that is currently under the control of the Virulian Enclave, so you may wish to speak with them.

But for now, you are welcome to find temporary refuge on Omega 49 until we can sort this out. I will make sure the alliance receives your communique with all due haste.

Ravenor out!
***End Video Transmission***

>>>Transmission Terminated<<<

[Image: ambassadorsoffice.png]

*incoming transmission*
Comm ID: [TAZ]Doc Holliday
To: NTF Executive Commander Greg Matthews, NTBS Belisarius
Encryption: Very High

Commander Matthews,

I have an idea that may suit your needs, one that I would rather not put over public communications where some may hack the channels. I will be sending you a private transmission with my idea.

Dr. John Henry Holliday
***INCOMING TRANSMISSION***

[color=#FFFFFF]Priority: High
Encryption: Full
Destination: Doctor John Henry "Doc" Holliday, TAZ
Source: NTF Executive Commander Greg Matthews, NTBS Belisarius

After much deliberation, I and the other High Command members have come to the conclusion that the solution you proposed in private will not be sufficient to our needs. Among other reasons, our Spyglass-class vessel would be far too conspicuous at that location, and would cause both of our groups serious problems when House navies eventually found out. Furthermore, we're distancing ourselves from our erstwhile allies in the Hellfire Legion; they're too fixated on Liberty to be of much good to us.

However, I'd like to make a, shall we say, two-pointed counter-proposal.

Firstly, there are numerous refugees who wish to flee the fighting in Bretonia and the Taus. While Neo-Terran combat vessels are personae non gratae, our transports apparently still retain docking rights in both Bretonia and Rheinland. We would be able to safely extract individuals who would otherwise lack the money to flee the fighting, as well as those who have fallen victim to the slave trade.

As you can guess, our motives for this aren't completely altruistic. Though part of it *is* that we want to live up to Bosch's vision of utopian citizenry, we're definitely hoping to pick up some new colonists as well.

Problem is, we don't have anyplace to take care of these people, and very few viable places to ultimately bring them, given your stated preference for avoiding overcrowding on Gran Canaria. Ideas on that score would be most welcome.

The other point to my proposal is this:

I have been in communications with the LWB about food shipments to the Front. During these talks, I had an idea that went further. I wondered to myself, "If a bunch of gray weeds can grow in spaceborne bio-domes, then why not actual food?"

It occurred to me that the Zoners would be in an excellent position to make use of this idea and help bring it to fruition. A number of the people I've talked to at your Freeports have complained about Synth Foods' licensing fees for their dome technology.

Not to mention, more food (and better food) is always a good thing, particularly given the high demand in the southern part of Sirius. One bad harvest on Stuttgart, and *poof*, famine across half the sector. This idea ought to alleviate that problem to some degree.

The LWB tells me they love the idea, as well -- not least because it will most likely cut into Synth's bottom line. And the Front stands to benefit by having the technology available to integrate into our eventual sleeper ship.

Let me know what you think about these ideas. I'm currently in the process of helping move the Front's flotilla closer to Rheinland, so there's no rush.

- Greg Matthews
- ]NTF[-Suralin
** Message resent, 20% power boost **
** Message re-sent, addendum follows: **

I realize you're a busy man, but I am hoping to get a response, at least as far as the biodome idea is concerned.

- Greg