Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Neo-Terran Front to Hellfire Legion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
***INCOMING TRANSMISSION***

[color=#FFFFFF]Priority: High
Encryption: Full
Destination: Hellfire Legion HQ
Source: NTF Executive Commander Greg Matthews, NTBS Belisarius

Look, I'll be honest. I haven't paid much attention to who exactly is leading the Legion since Joyeuse stepped down. But we've had other, more pressing concerns over here. As you are well aware by now, we have been forced to abandon our position in Kansas.

What you may not know is that the LSF may have captured one of our high-command members, Jered Koth. He might have killed himself to prevent capture, but then again, he might not have had the opportunity, or backed out, or something. I don't know. We have to assume the worst.

This means that the LSF probably knows the location of, at the very least, Mactan and the Vespucci jump hole, assuming they didn't already.

To be perfectly honest, though, I'm no longer convinced the Liberty Navy is the greatest threat anymore, and I'm more than a little tired of the Legion's myopia on the subject.

We're still willing to be your eyes and ears in the rest of Sirius, though, in exchange for the parts we need to keep the Belisarius and our handful of Legion-built fighters running smoothly. And I'll start with the most important info we have.

I'm not sure how well you're aware of what's going on in Gallia, so I'll summarize. There are a bunch of revolutionaries, the Council, fighting against the Royal Navy and the Gallic Crown. Very dedicated, highly skilled, and very scrupulous, even if they do work with the unsavory elements out of necessity sometimes. Good folks, you'd like them.

The Royal Navy, on the other hand, seems to have plans to invade the rest of Sirius. Their pilots even *boasted* about that at length when we ran into them in Languedoc. I'm not sure what the reasoning is; maybe it's to distract from domestic concerns, maybe they're running out of resources, or maybe the Gallic royal family is just full of jerks.

I've personally seen their tech in action; it's equal to or *better* than anything in Liberty's arsenal I'm aware of. Furthermore, the Council informs me that the Gallic Royal Navy has several hundred battleships, a fair number of which are massing for an assault. I don't know if that's an exaggeration or not, but it definitely bears looking into. The Council says they'll probably be overrun in less than a year. I'd give it at least another year after that for the Royalists to consolidate their position and then attack the Taus.

The Front has now moved far enough away that, hopefully, neither the Liberty Navy nor the Gallians should really be an issue for us. This also means we can't directly militarily support you anymore -- not that you ever really saw fit to lean on us.

Trust me when I say this, though: Start building up now, as much as you can.

- Greg Matthews
- ]NTF[-Suralin
Connecting to Secure channel 3-***-*69-***-77...
Password required...
Password entered, verifying...
password accepted..
Legion Secure line opened...
message status:
in progress...
Comms ID: Fleet Admiral Richard Wainwright
Target ID: NTBS Belisarius

We are indeed aware of your enforced evacuation of Kansas. Quite how Liberty managed to coordinate their attack without us being able to get wind of it is being looked into. I am glad that you are still in a position to provide intelligence to us.

With regards to Jared Koth, we will endeavour to ascertain what has happened to him. Fortifications at the Vespucci jump hole have been ramped up and we are confident that any force Liberty may send will be repelled.

Parts for the Belisarius and the Legion fighters you have we are more than happy to continue to supply to you. We do not forget our friends, Commander. Whatever you require, just let us know, and we will make it available to you.

With regards to Gallia, we have heard rumblings, but it is good to have information we know we can trust. We will be ensuring that there are no surprises in store for the Legion from that direction.

I wish you the best of fortune on your travels.

Wainwright out.

Message status: complete...
Message Sent...
Closing connection...

Transmission ended...