Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Derelect Nomad Artifact
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
*Dr.Dhagon.Gent waited nervously On Sugarland waiting for the officer the LNS-Indiana told him about..He thought to himself* I never should have destroyed the fake artifact...I should have given them the fake and I'd never have ended up here..*He sighed* But on the other hand if they found out i had given them a fake....Well i suppose i could just tell them The man sold me the fake...They'd never believe that....I just hope they don't find the vault i hid inside the hull of my ship...*He hears soemone approaching*
Malrone walked down a corridor, either side of him were small, cramp offices where LPI officers were suppose to be working. He eyeballed a few trying to concoct some sort of liquid donut but didn't say anything and passed straight onto the cheap-wooden door labelled "Interrogation Room 2". As he entered, there was an LPI officer sleeping off what must've been a terribly hard day - In one of those extra padded wheelie chairs. Malrone thought it was only prudent to wake him up by tipping his chair over.

Gaaaahh! yelped the officer as his head crashed into the solid floor beneath him.

Oh I'm sorry, did I disturb you from anything? Malrone sarcastically said as the officer slowly got to his feet.

All he's been doin' is gettin' nervous an' talkin' t'imself n' stuff.

So you thought it only prudent to doze off? Go on, back to your little cubical.

Malrone eyeballed the Doctor through the one-way glass and then moved to sit in front of Doctor Ghent.

Seems I'll be conducting this little interrogation, Doctor. Now understand that everything here will be recorded and it can be used later as evidence in a court of law. You got that?

Doctor Ghent nodded and twiddled his thumbs as Malrone flicked on the voice recorder.

Now as you probably know I'm here to investigate a rather unusual energy signature that was aboard your ship. Some sort of "artifact" I believe it was, then this artifact got destroyed by yourself aaaannnd I brought you here for more questioning. Now I'll be perfectly frank with you - I don't believe the artifact was destroyed and I believe you still have it on board.

He paused for a moment

Tell me right here, right now. Is the artifact that I detected initially still on board your ship?
Dr.Gent froze..If he told the truth he would obviously be going to jail...and if they caught him lying..he would also be in jail..there's a slighter chance of them catching me lying...What have i gotten myself into?

Well...Mr.Malrone...I am positive That there is nothing like the artifact i destroyed left on my ship..Let me interrogate you for a little bit.....Why does the navy treat me as the criminal when I destroy a nomad artifact...Did you perhaps plan on using it as a weapon

He stared at Jack for a few minutes..The Doctor's eyes were bloodshot and his hair was greasy..He obviously hadn't had rest in several days.

Well....? I answered your question you answer mine!
Jack lent back in his chair, lowered his head and grinned slightly.

You want to ask me some questions? Sure thing. Now lets see why I treated you as a criminal...

He paused, reaching down for a file next to his leg.

Lets see here...you disobeyed my orders to relinquish the dangerous artifact on multiple occasions. Uhmmm...oh yes, the most interesting charge - You deliberately destroyed a potentially catastrophically dangerous artifact with a hammer as I understand it. Is that correct?

' Wrote:Jack lent back in his chair, lowered his head and grinned slightly.

You want to ask me some questions? Sure thing. Now lets see why I treated you as a criminal...

He paused, reaching down for a file next to his leg.

Lets see here...you disobeyed my orders to relinquish the dangerous artifact on multiple occasions. Uhmmm...oh yes, the most interesting charge - You deliberately destroyed a potentially catastrophically dangerous artifact with a hammer as I understand it. Is that correct?
He stared at jack for a moment

Fair enough....But the artifact was obviously unstable...Why would the navy want to bring in such a dangerous item? I don't care why..All i know is that several lives were at stake if the navy had taken it in

Thinks about what he was planning to do with the artifact: Track down it's energy resources to find a nomad habitat and then destroy the artifact once he had found the location of the nomads

Mr.Malrone..I believe it is unfair to bring me in here when i meant no harm..What if I hadn't destroyed it...Those pirates knew it had catastrophic capabilities if i hadnt destroyed they'd have taken it and no doubt use it as a weapon!

Looks over at the clock..It reads: 11:00 P.M

It's getting late Mr.Malrone...How long do you intend on keeping me in this un-air-conditioned interrogation cell?
I'll keep you here as long as it takes, Doctor. You knew full well the possibility of catastrophic consequences when you smashed the artifact with a flippin' hammer.

He taps the table hard with his index finger and raises his voice.

I could send you away on that one charge alone. I don't think you're a stupid man - You've got a PhD in something-or-another, which makes me think you either really don't care about human life or you're flaunting your ingenious mind.

Lowering his voice, Jack pauses for a moment and starts scribbling something down with a pen.

Now I'm just writing up the search warrant for your ship. Of course, if we find some kind of artifact on board, you'll be charged with transporting class zero hazardous materials - Which isn't good for you. If we don't find anything on board, you'll be charged with reckless endangerment of life - Which is...even worse.

Malrone placed the pen down and lent towards the Doctor, coldly staring into his eyes.

Either way, you're looking at a jail sentence. Of course, if you co-operated with us and told us where the artifact is on board your ship, I'll overlook the main charges and a small fine will be imposed for failing to relinquish cargo when ordered to. What do you say, Doctor?

He stared back at Malrone...The officer was too smart to be tricked by his plan..He'd have to come up with another...He couldn't put the lives of everyone in texas on the line by letting the artifact remain on his ship.

Mr.Malrone...I think my only course of action is to show you where the artofact is, If you could release my binds and take me to my ship..I could show you where i have hiddent the artifact

Jack lent back in his chair and grinned.

Finally coming to your senses, Doctor. For security reasons, you wont have your restraints removed until I deem it necessary.

He pushes himself up off the table, walks around and helps the Doctor get up.

Lets go, Doctor.

An LPI officer opens the door as they go from the room, with some officers giving them a cold glance as they walked down the corridor towards the dock.

Oi! Open the rear hatch on that ship, pronto! He yells at a LPI officer, who was sitting down eating a box of donuts.

Bunch of lazy asses... Jack murmurs under his breath as he leads the Doctor towards the opening hatch.

Okay Doctor, don't try anything stupid. He said, casually parting his dark-blue coat - Revealing a pistol.