Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Kaspi, yeah.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
* This is an RP thread.
* Anyone can post his RP feedback here.
* I wasn't sure which RP section is the most suitable for this, but I picked this one. If you are a moderator and you think it should be moved somewhere else, please do so.

Hello,

I'm Miroslav Kašpar (with Slavic pronunciation "š" = "sh") and nobody calls me else but "Kašpi". I'm a researcher interested in ancient civilizations (such as the Daam K'Vosh) and advanced technologies. What I mostly do, is exploring the systems of the Sirius, looking for artifacts and ruins. Sometimes also trying to interact with the Slomon K'Hara units, but that's another story. But I can tell you what matters for me: what I know, so far nobody realized the point of their conflict with the humans, except that we've got some artifacts they apparently want (such as the Valhalla One). If this is the only reason of the conflict, I believe we can find a way to end it up. If not, then I want to find the true reason. But that's enough about my research for now. I'd rather tell you something about myself and why I'm writing this message for you.

If you ever met me, you may have noticed that I'm identifying myself rather as an independent trader - that's cause I need a small, agile and well-shielded vessel for my research. I'm currently using the Raven's Taylon heavy fighter (pretty nice work IMG, btw), which is generally illegal for the "true" researchers, so that's why I'm identifying myself as a trader. Despite my vessel is loaded with weapons, I found them in various wrecks on my travels and I mostly use them for mining samples.. I'm definitely trying to be friendly with everyone and I don't want to hurt anyone, but I also don't want anyone to hurt me. I prefer exchange of interesting informations - if you've got any experience with the Slomon K'Hara or if you know anything about them, feel free to tell me. Also feel free to ask for anything, if you are as curious as I am.

And because it's just kind of my anniversary (I have visited exactly 100 systems when writing this message), I would like to start publishing some of my investigations on various topics, cause I think some may be interesting for you. Some may be unrelated to history and technologies, but may be interesting as well. My journeys are sometimes dangerous though, if this log ever dies, it will be possible that something bad happened to me.

And no, I don't think I'm infected (yet). But even if I was, I don't think I could be dangerous. (just don't kiss me):)

See you!
Another lair?

The Neural Net is talking about "the" Nomad Lair, as you could notice. Omicron-92 (one of the systems I haven't visited yet though) appears to contain a Nomad Lair. Saying "a" Nomad Lair, because I think there's not only one in the known systems of Sirius. The neural net also points on the Malvada Cloud in Omicron Gamma, specially on the rocks floating - the Omicron-92's Nomad Lair is apparently made of the same material as these rocks are of. The neural net admits that these rocks may be even remains of another Nomad Lair, because these rocks contain artifacts as well. Shouldn't we rather call it "a" Nomad Lair, once we can suppose that there was more than one?

But there are more places like the Malvada Cloud in Omicron Gamma. Very similar cloud called "Napo Cloud" can be found in the Omicron Theta, containing artifacts as well. A man can say that these two clouds could be counted as one, because they are directly interconnected with jump holes and possibly these rocks could just "fly" though the holes. Who knows..

Another cloud is located in the Omicron Eta, called "Ragusa Asteroid Field". Again, containing artifacts. You can visually compare my samples of materials from these three clouds: http://i36.tinypic.com/2zsxy0h.jpg

There are also some sources about the "Peloponnese Asteroid Field" in Omicron-74, but I haven't investigated this one yet. But the samples I bring so far, are very similar, which means that there could be more than 1 lair in the past, or even can be in the presence.

From talks with people who said that they came in contact with the Omicron-92's Nomad Lair, I realized that I have already seen something suchlike. Some time ago, my friend Oliver Miller (working in the Cambridge institute) told me about a man, who traveled across the Chester system, who have met "a monstrum". Oliver didn't know his name and Oliver isn't so much "mystery hunter" as I am, he rather sits in a laboratory studying artifacts. So, curious Kaspi started sneaking about certain Bretonian bars and the "tales" from local barflies led me to some John Willford, an old man, who said that he seriously saw something like a "rocky monster with claws and webs around" in the Rhyl Nebula, but he told me that he just wanted to shorten his path from Dublin to Newcastle and also that he was very drunk and who knows what kind of rock it was.. "Don't give it much attention please," he told me.

Anyways, I launched to Chester to take a trip into the Rhyl Nebula and realized that John wasn't lying.. The object floating in this nebula now looks like another (existing) Nomad Lair to me, through it doesn't seem be active anymore (or yet?!).

Some new facts, some new questions..
:cool:

After one very long trip, I arrived to planet Malta for a rest. The Outcasts were apparently in a good mood, we had a word about the Phantoms and I heard their experiences. Then I remembered the Hispania. I heard this legendary sleeper ship ended up in the Omicron Alpha system after it's painful journey. The Outcasts kindly told me where to find it and I spent some time digging in the wreck. Even after so long time it's in very good health. Did you know there are still 672 capsules inside? http://i38.tinypic.com/e0msft.jpg