Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: The Junker Congress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
-Relay from Freeport 9, Omicron Theta to Yanagi Depot-
-Uplink received-
-Transmitting-

Hail and hello to whomever receives this! My name is one Chase Deaucorian, a quorum member of the Zoner's Trading Consortium. If I could ask so much of you all to forward this message on to a Junker Congress member, I'd be much obliged. I mean them no harm, and wish to put forth a business proposition. I feel that with each of our organizations having their respective dabblings in commerce, they might at least grant some psuedo-interest in my request for several moments time?

To the point: I was once a miner, now small entrepreneur who struck out to live the Zoner lifestyle. I enjoy helping people, bottom line. I was tired of being hunted for an honest job's work - mining to supply various stations - and decided to move elsewhere, as I searched for some...point to my life, let's label it. At any rate, I think I've found it with them, and not to drag you into a sob story, but I'm at the point where I need to make a proper business decision. Since I joined, I've been piloting a Train-class vessel, entitled The_Longwall_Gob. I'm sure these terms are well known to you all, being miners yourselves! I've made many a perilous trip with this rig, and unfortunately lost a significant amount of cargo at points...*grumbling can be heard* those darn blasted cargo pods are nigh impossible to keep secure y'know! I've tried everything from getting a higher capacity transport shield for it, to arming it with variations of fast and slow speed, far and near range turrets, and it's just a darn chore to even stay alive whilst piloting it. I often try to 'pull security' for some of our convoys, and end up having to request people to drag me out of the busted up pilot canopy when the ship suffers too much damage. At any rate, I'm rambling here, and want to get to the point of this transmission, which I'm sure is the most important thing to you all...time is money, is it not?

It is likely, being a ZTC member, that I could request one of our own vessels to be constructed at a shipyard. While this would be all well, and generally an easier method, I feel that the road less traveled, while it might not be the safest, or easiest, tends to be the more interesting! In the light of this outlook on life, and doing my best to be a diplomat - as all Zoners are charged with doing throughout their time following this way of life - I'd like to expand our relations with the Junkers, if at all possible.

I believe you all to be enigmatic business people, and would hope that I could strike up a deal with you, if you're willing - I'm sure you all are able, it's just a matter of making a convincing enough point, aye? *a chuckle can be heard*

My proposition is thus: I'd be honored if I could request one of your frigates. I believe, in the manner of your original manners of commerce, you've named it after the piles of what others would label 'trash' that you collected to build up your holdings yes? If this frigate - I do believe I've seen at least one around during my forays throughout Sirius - called a Salvager yes? would be available, even if it's in total disrepair from whatever prior circumstance, I'd be honored to be able to fly one in both your name and for the ZTC.

I know not how much it costs to construct one of your private vessels, so I'll let you all set the asking price on it. I would hope that I might ask it not be inflated too high, for in return, I'd desire to supply you all with whatever commodities I would be able - so long as I retain the right to judge whether they fall within my range of what I deem 'morally sound' to transport - wherever you require them.

Please, if you've read this far, I'd humbly ask you all to consider this request and at least think on it as businessmen and women.

At any rate, I hope this transmission finds you all in proper health, ample funds, and a full belly eh?!

Cheers and good flying!

Chase Deaucorian

-Transmission ended-
-Uplink fading-
-Relay shut down-
****Incoming Transmission****
****Comm ID: Arbiter Jack Crow****

I appreciate your contacting us. It's good to do business with groups such as yourselves. Here's the thing however. We don't sell the Salvager. Each one is unique, made by the families that fly them. If I am able to come across one that is no longer being flown, I'll contact you but don't get your hopes up.

Crow Out

****End Transmission****
-Relay from Freeport 2, Bering system to Rochester Base-
-Uplink received-
-Transmitting-

Good tidings Sir Arbiter! I am more than humbled to have a response from you. Thank you for endowing me with the knowledge as to the nature of these ships and their origins. I will not press you further with regards to requesting one. I will, however, be more than willing to help you all in the way of shipping emergency supplies should you ever need them. I know that many within my organization frown upon some of your fellow peoples...practices. While I do not agree with those that I have heard of and which are often labeled as inhumane, I'll say this about my opinions on many things: So long as they're not being forced on me or those I care about, and I'm not having to observe them first hand, I'll not allow that to twist my opinion of you all to a significant degree. I also hate to generalize about an entire group of people based on the actions of one individual.

I'll hope to stay in touch with you in the future, however, goodsir, if an opportunity to fly one of these - in honor of the family I'd be receiving it from - turns up.

Best wishes and good flying.

Chaes Deaucorian.

-Transmission ended-
-Uplink fading-
-Relay shut down-